General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Gibonius

It's a combination of batshit crazy stuff like "there are tetrahedral white holes at the center of the sun and Earth that are responsible for all energy in the universe" and philosophical natterings based solely on opinion. Talking about what happens after you die is fun when you're sitting around smoking weed, but it's kind of pointless in a debate forum context. All you can say is your opinion, there's no way you can have anything substantive. And ry even admitted that, "No one knows what happens when you die." Then proceeded to berate people for not agreeing with him on his particular view of what happens after death.

As far as getting berated goes, ry is the one prosyletizing. You start preaching, you're going to get attacked, especially when your ideas are as outlandish as his. You act like you're the most enlightened cat around, and people are going to test you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

UTRocketMan

I can't thank you enough for bringing that video into my life.

g0rg0n
Jim Zorn took my job, that MOTHER FUCKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

/thread

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
It's a combination of batshit crazy stuff like "there are tetrahedral white holes at the center of the sun and Earth that are responsible for all energy in the universe" and philosophical natterings based solely on opinion. Talking about what happens after you die is fun when you're sitting around smoking weed, but it's kind of pointless in a debate forum context. All you can say is your opinion, there's no way you can have anything substantive. And ry even admitted that, "No one knows what happens when you die." Then proceeded to berate people for not agreeing with him on his particular view of what happens after death.

As far as getting berated goes, ry is the one prosyletizing. You start preaching, you're going to get attacked, especially when your ideas are as outlandish as his. You act like you're the most enlightened cat around, and people are going to test you.

Saying everything in existence cycles is not a 'view' it is not a 'opinion' it is a simple matter of how much you have paid attention. Nothing more.

I am not saying how one should necessarily apply this to death. I am not saying it goes in reincarnation cycles akin to buddhism. I am leaving it at the circle. Integrate it how you will. But it is the truth.

You should very well know this being a scientist. One base law of all reality is that, any and everything goes in cycles.

UTRocketMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
Saying everything in existence cycles is not a 'view' it is not a 'opinion' it is a simple matter of how much you have paid attention. Nothing more.

I am not saying how one should necessarily apply this to death. I am not saying it goes in reincarnation cycles akin to buddhism. I am leaving it at the circle. Integrate it how you will. But it is the truth.

You should very well know this being a scientist. One base law of all reality is that, any and everything goes in cycles.

Only true ultimately if the universe is open. Otherwise all your cycles end.

Gibonius

Quote:

You eat your own shit. It's a circle.

ry_goody

Im quite fond of the circle actually.

Just make sure that when you say circle, your seeing an actual circle O in your mind and not the word 'circle', or the metaphorical concept. But an actual circle.

Last edited by ry_goody; 08-09-2009 at 06:21 AM..

Frenetic

Quote:
Im quite fond of the circle actually.

Just make sure that when you say circle, your seeing an actual circle O in your mind and not the word 'circle', or the metaphorical concept. But an actual circle.
okay got it