General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasman1 View Post
Don't worry about your tan if you acquired it naturally or via tanning salon - Mystic Tans and tan in a can doesn't count

Isn't bromine a PITA to deal with though? I still think chlorine is much easier - especially if you need to shock treat the fuck out of it on occasion.

nah, it's just as easy to handle as chlorine in tablet form, no drama or anything else

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Riiioun

This thrad is useless without pics. :P

zoopnazi
no zoop for you

Alright....The friggin thing has been pumping for over 24 hours. The temperature has pretty much plateaued at about 25*C

The tricky thing is that all the markings the thermostat knob have worn off, so I don't know what it's set at. I can, however, hear it trigger on and off, and kick the heat exchanger pump in and out, and that pump is running fine.

Why would it have leveled off??

California Pizza Chicken

Ryuuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riiioun View Post
This thrad is useless without pics. :P

QFT

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoopnazi View Post
Alright....The friggin thing has been pumping for over 24 hours. The temperature has pretty much plateaued at about 25*C

The tricky thing is that all the markings the thermostat knob have worn off, so I don't know what it's set at. I can, however, hear it trigger on and off, and kick the heat exchanger pump in and out, and that pump is running fine.

Why would it have leveled off??

kick the t-stat up a small portion and see if hte temp goes up, it might just be adjusted at that temp for the summer or something...

flshdncr
brkdncr
I want to hang out with all the boys ;)

i switched from bromine to chlorine only because although bromine doesn't have that distinctive smell, you have to use a lot more of it.

Also, don't fill drain a whole bunch of times. You should only need to drain, fill, and MAYBE drain again if a bunch of gunk came out.

before you start adding chlorine you need to get your pH correct. You should also have a filter which I''d assume needs to be replaced.

And whoever said you don't need to worry about chems as much...you're wrong. Hot tubs, since they have a much smaller volume of water, are more easy to set off-balance. You also have to be careful since you can't just dump a too much chems in and then try and correct it.

What I've learned is this:
use chlorine.
use shock treatments
drain/refill 2x a year.
clean filter monthly
use enzymes
use anti-algae treatments.
stay on a regular plan.

I'll scrub it about once every month or two, depending on if anyone has been using it. If someone has gone into it, I'll make sure chlorine stays high afterwards.

Keep your temp low, around 94*F, and then set it up maybe 30 mins to an hour before you plan to use it. I've found that if you just leave it around 97 or higher algae will bloom faster.

Also, make sure you have a solid cover to keep shit out of it. This is also helpful as it keeps heat in. I use a 3" cover, the have smaller/cheaper ones but they aren't as efficient.

I'm currently installing a car stereo (mounted inside a marine enclosure) and 4 indoor/outdoor speakers on my jacuzzi, should be done friday, just in time for use this weekend!

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother

by not worry about the chems as much I meant use less chlorine then the public pools/spas that burn the shit out of your eyes