Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Bravo

and not so bravo

you a sciz or something?

Did Obama have two years free and clear with a seupermajority in the senate?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Sadly the Democrats do more or less the same thing. But the issues they fear-monger about are less offensive to me than the current tactics of the Republicans, so that's that.

One of the things that I find really odious about the Republican party (which has percolated through the conservative echo chamber media apparatus to the public) is a really pervasive anti-science attitude. This is pretty new, both parties used to be very strongly pro-science. Being anti-knowledge, "anti-elitism" (read: anti-education and excellence) does not seem like formula for the future success of our nation. Pandering to the fearful morons of middle America sure isn't going to win my vote.

Agreed

If Obama and Romney are both indebted to various oligarchs of this country (or even the world) at least Obama doesn't glorify the dark ages. He brings a healthier attitude to the country.

Santorum deplored universities as liberal brain washing institutions. Yet he holds two degrees. I guess it didn't work on him - Romney went to Harvard as well. Hypocrisy at it's best imo.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
We don't have to agree on everything.

Republicans boarded the conservative train a long time ago. They use fear mongering to sell their platform to the ignorant masses and structure this country to favor big business in the background at the direct expense of the very people who voted them in.

Then you just rinse and repeat to keep the ball rolling. Don't look at economic indicators, poverty line and all that stuff - LOOK a gay man is trying to get gay-married!

your statement was the same as someone saying all democrats are for is welfare and control.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
Except no one is doing that. The hyperbole doesn't fit reality. It's undeniable that the economy takes a while to recover especially when we're still spending money on wars that were started by the previous administration. To pretend that all of that can be fixed with a handwave is absurd.

Just like in 2016 the president of that time will have to deal with the policies enacted over these eight years. The country doesn't simply reset every time someone new takes the big chair. Policies that were put in place eighty years ago are still affecting the current administration, affected the last one, and will affect the next one.

But no one, not one goddamn person, is blaming everything that goes wrong on the president that came before. To suggest that is to make fun of the "messiah" references when the only people who ever used that term were his opponents, not his supporters.

"Nation of Islam calls Obama a Messiah. - CNN iReport"

"Louis Farakhan Calls Obama Messiah - CNN iReport"

Coqui

Quote:
You can't refute a single fact there. You said he had two years free and clear. Every single piece of evidence available says he had one single day free and clear.

Acknowledge your mistake.

The stop being stupid he's saying is you thinking he'll actually admit his mistake.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
your statement was the same as someone saying all democrats are for is welfare and control.

Nobody likes paying welfare to those who abuse that system. At the very least Dems don't condemn education and knowledge. Reps have dwindled down to a throng of crazy bible thumpers and corporate whores. I don't know what brings them together, it's quite interesting really.

Jesus said feed the poor, republicans say don't, you're just encouraging them.

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Nobody likes paying welfare to those who abuse that system. At the very least Dems don't condemn education and knowledge. Reps have dwindled down to a throng of crazy bible thumpers and corporate whores. I don't know what brings them together, it's quite interesting really.

Jesus said feed the poor, republicans say don't, you're just encouraging them.

What brings together the corporate whores and Talibangelicals? Only one thing: the Republican voting bloc is stupid and easily manipulated. The Republican party is dead, and two separate groups have slithered into its decaying and lifeless corpse to push their extreme agendas. The groups don't like each other. They don't want each other. But they're symbiotically bound to each other because they need votes. Now there is a melding between the two groups. Evangelicals are parroting extreme right-wing economic policies, and corporate whores are spewing extreme Christian social bigotry. All to pander to the voters of the other side of the Republican party.

Meanwhile, liberals and moderates are wondering when it's going to self destruct and disappear.

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
One of the things that I find really odious about the Republican party (which has percolated through the conservative echo chamber media apparatus to the public) is a really pervasive anti-science attitude. This is pretty new, both parties used to be very strongly pro-science. Being anti-knowledge, "anti-elitism" (read: anti-education and excellence) does not seem like formula for the future success of our nation. Pandering to the fearful morons of middle America sure isn't going to win my vote.

This is absolutely, without a doubt, the most frightening attribute of the new Republican party. Denial of evolution and climate change. Opposition to scientific research and advancement. Opposition to higher education, and a dumbing down of elementary through high school curriculum.

The reasoning is sound. They want more stupid and poor people to work for peanuts and fight their wars. This is why they're against education. This is why they're against contraception and abortion. This is why they're against social safety nets that lift millions of people out of extreme poverty. They want us lining up for blocks to get a minimum wage job. Bless our job creators, who will one day grace us with their warm embrace. Maybe if we're lucky, we can even live in corporate housing slums. Then the safety nets will be literal, like the ones at Foxconn.

Last edited by :ninja:; 04-14-2012 at 03:46 PM..

SemperFly

Quote:
"Nation of Islam calls Obama a Messiah. - CNN iReport"

"Louis Farakhan Calls Obama Messiah - CNN iReport"

Really motherfucker? Try linking it. Do you know what "iReport" is? It's a blog, not a news article.

Acknowledge your mistake. Acknowledge the fact that you were either wrong or lying when stating that obama had two years free and clear as well as a supermajority in the senate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
The stop being stupid he's saying is you thinking he'll actually admit his mistake.

I give a fuck. Until that piece of shit acknowledges the fact that he's being completely dishonest then I will continue to remind him of it no matter how much he tries to change the subject.

SemperFly

Quote:

Acknowledge your mistake or your lie, you sad sack of shit.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
What brings together the corporate whores and Talibangelicals? Only one thing: the Republican voting bloc is stupid and easily manipulated. The Republican party is dead, and two separate groups have slithered into its decaying and lifeless corpse to push their extreme agendas. The groups don't like each other. They don't want each other. But they're symbiotically bound to each other because they need votes. Now there is a melding between the two groups. Evangelicals are parroting extreme right-wing economic policies, and corporate whores are spewing extreme Christian social bigotry. All to pander to the voters of the other side of the Republican party.

Meanwhile, liberals and moderates are wondering when it's going to self destruct and disappear.

Sounds about right. Parties have come and gone over the years in this country, such as the Whig party, the Federalists, and a few others that I can't remember.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
This is absolutely, without a doubt, the most frightening attribute of the new Republican party. Denial of evolution and climate change. Opposition to scientific research and advancement. Opposition to higher education, and a dumbing down of elementary through high school curriculum.

The reasoning is sound. They want more stupid and poor people to work for peanuts and fight their wars. This is why they're against education. This is why they're against contraception and abortion. This is why they're against social safety nets that lift millions of people out of extreme poverty. They want us lining up for blocks to get a minimum wage job. Bless our job creators, who will one day grace us with their warm embrace. Maybe if we're lucky, we can even live in corporate housing slums. Then the safety nets will be literal, like the ones at Foxconn.

These days you can't really "protect your rights" with a 1911, you have to know where humanity came from and where it's headed. That's far more dangerous. We got gun control. Now we need some knowledge control. Too many people learning history and connecting the obvious parallels.

You can't enslave and abuse a nation of people who see it coming. So you blind fold them. Look another man is getting gay married! Git em!

TheMorlock

Quote:
Really motherfucker? Try linking it. Do you know what "iReport" is? It's a blog, not a news article.

Acknowledge your mistake. Acknowledge the fact that you were either wrong or lying when stating that obama had two years free and clear as well as a supermajority in the senate.

I give a fuck. Until that piece of shit acknowledges the fact that he's being completely dishonest then I will continue to remind him of it no matter how much he tries to change the subject.

I keep telling you not to be stupid.

Gibonius

Quote:

I don't know that I buy a conspiracy of that nature, I think it's just a really bad consequence of one-dimensional thinking. Anti-evolution = pander to the Bible thumpers. Anti-climate change = we don't like environmental regulation, so attacking the science is the easiest way to avoid that. Once you start down that path, it doesn't take much before you're going after science on a much broader level to stay "consistent."