General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
I don't know that I buy a conspiracy of that nature, I think it's just a really bad consequence of one-dimensional thinking. Anti-evolution = pander to the Bible thumpers. Anti-climate change = we don't like environmental regulation, so attacking the science is the easiest way to avoid that. Once you start down that path, it doesn't take much before you're going after science on a much broader level to stay "consistent."

I find that of all the reasons things usually happen because of all of them. The ideals that America stands for don't uphold themselves. We have to do it, each generation.

Ignorance is bad, poverty it bad, war is bad.

Republicans applaud ignorance (literally, they clap when Palin speaks), "do not care about the poor" and can never say no to a new war.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
I don't know that I buy a conspiracy of that nature, I think it's just a really bad consequence of one-dimensional thinking. Anti-evolution = pander to the Bible thumpers. Anti-climate change = we don't like environmental regulation, so attacking the science is the easiest way to avoid that. Once you start down that path, it doesn't take much before you're going after science on a much broader level to stay "consistent."

I don't think you give the leaders enough credit. Despite their rhetoric, they are well educated and know how to manipulate. People like Santorum and Perry are useful idiots to the cause... maybe in their case the one-dimentional thinking is valid.

These people have an entire media machine ready to go. They have decades-old plans that they've been executing piecemeal, every opportunity they get to take the next step. The money in their pockets only proves that they know what they're doing.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
I find that of all the reasons things usually happen because of all of them. The ideals that America stands for don't uphold themselves. We have to do it, each generation.

Ignorance is bad, poverty it bad, war is bad.

Republicans applaud ignorance (literally, they clap when Palin speaks), "do not care about the poor" and can never say no to a new war.

you may want to count the wars and who started them. I think dems still win that title.

WWI WWII korea Vietnam.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
you may want to count the wars and who started them. I think dems still win that title.

WWI WWII korea Vietnam.

Of course democrats started both of the world wars. How did I forget this!

lol

Quote:

WWI WWII korea Vietnam.

The world wars? Really? You mean the two wars that the US tried to stay out with isolationist policies both times?

No, you're right. I can totally see how WWI and WWII are the same as the administration fabricating claims of danger and going to war, without a declaration of war, based on fear mongering and bigotry.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
The world wars? Really? You mean the two wars that the US tried to stay out with isolationist policies both times?

No, you're right. I can totally see how WWI and WWII are the same as the administration fabricating claims of danger and going to war, without a declaration of war, based on fear mongering and bigotry.

Yeah tried so hard to stay out of WWII by blockading the japanese from getting oil and by sending 100's of "liberty" ships to england. Yeah real isolationist right there mate.

Quote:
Yeah tried so hard to stay out of WWII by blockading the japanese from getting oil and by sending 100's of "liberty" ships to england. Yeah real isolationist right there mate.

lololololol it's true. In WWI there was the Lusitania too. Always thought it funny that a passenger ship would be carrying arms supplies.

But seriously, in both wars there were real, tangible threats. Iraq? Not so much. The sabre-rattling about Iran? Again, not so much... These wars are waged by the governments, with the population kicking and screaming whilst being dragged along for the ride. In WWII the US population was unified in such a way we've never seen since. It took us out of the Great Depression. Iraq and Afghanistan overwhelmingly contributed to our current recession.

edit: Iraq and Afghanistan have also seriously harmed the credibility of the United States, whereas WWI and WWII basically established our country as the leading superpower.

Last edited by :ninja:; 04-15-2012 at 12:52 AM..

Sabbster]#
I have a huge penis.

Quote:

WWI WWII korea Vietnam.

And here I always thought Germany was responsible for catalyzing both world wars, what with their desire to expand their empire on both occasions. Also, I do believe France is responsible for the conflict in Vietnam.

Okay, so I typed this long response to the above comment then it turned out empty when I posted. Fuck that shit.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbster]# View Post
And here I always thought Germany was responsible for catalyzing both world wars, what with their desire to expand their empire on both occasions. Also, I do believe France is responsible for the conflict in Vietnam.

by that argument we can say that everyone else but anyone in the US catalyzed any of the various wars besides the civil war.

Coqui

Quote:

WWI WWII korea Vietnam.

Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom, Somali Invasion, Invasion of Panama, The initial involvement in Libya were all Republican led.

Out of the ones you listed, only one was a mistake.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom, Somali Invasion, Invasion of Panama, The initial involvement in Libya were all Republican led.

Out of the ones you listed, only one was a mistake.

you forgot granada

Coqui

Quote:
you forgot granada

I only listed the ones my dad had involvement in.

SemperFly

Quote:
I keep telling you not to be stupid.

Acknowledge your incorrect statement. Holding your balls to the fire is not stupidity. When you decide to be honest and recognize that you are wrong, you will be allowed to participate without harassment. Acknowledge your incorrect statement.

SemperFly

Quote:

WWI WWII korea Vietnam.

once again you're talking about stuff of which you don't have appreciable knowledge

Acknowledge that you lied.