General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

the obama cant get anything done because of the republitards is something only a fool sucks down like mothers milk. He had two fucking years free and clear and fucked up royally with the shit the dems pushed through.

But this is not about his past failings. but his future ones.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
the obama cant get anything done because of the republitards is something only a fool sucks down like mothers milk. He had two fucking years free and clear and fucked up royally with the shit the dems pushed through.

Yeah, no.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...ter-record.php

So much legislation and many nominations have failed even though they got majority votes because the new norm to pass anything in the senate is 60 votes because pretty much everything gets filibustered.

It doesn't matter what he does, republicans will attempt to block it all and anything that does pass they will label a failure, Nostradamus.

Despite the rhetoric, Obama is about as flamingly liberal as Ronald Reagan was.

Gibonius

The Republicans have spent a lot of effort on trying to destroy Obama's reelection chances. If he wins, the political calculus will change. I don't think it'll be in their best interest to be unrelentingly obstructionist anymore, since Obama would be gone in 2016 regardless. Clinton got a lot done from 96-2000 under similar circumstances, I think we'd see something similar.

I think Obama has not been nearly as effective as President as he could have been, but he was handed a bad deck in a lot of ways. Bad economy, really nasty and determined opposition, and a party not used to working in lockstep as would have been necessary. But he's gotten some decent stuff done.

One way or another, he hasn't been so bad that I could consider voting Republican with their current rhetoric. Romney's the best they have, even with his shift to the right, but I just can't reward that party after it's shifted so damn far into crazytown of late.

SemperFly

Quote:

you don't seem to know how our congress works if you think having a simple majority by a handful of people is "free and clear"

TheMorlock

he had a super majority in the senate cupcake

I thought I told you to take a break from being stupid once in awhile.

SemperFly

right I forgot that the house doesn't count at all

yep, free & clear alright

also, 59/41 is not a supermajority, 67 is. you need 60 to break a the filibusters that the republicans were using to block everything

including the zadroga bill

now start trying to backpedal your way out of something you don't fucking understand. yet again

teh_rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
seriously though, I didnt vote for the man, i dont agree with half the stuff he does, but he's the duly elected president of the united states, the office deserves some respect.

You never saw President Bush called george. Just sayin.

You saw him called W all the time.

Ruffy
Keeper of The Toes

Looks like? This was decided long ago.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
right I forgot that the house doesn't count at all

yep, free & clear alright

also, 59/41 is not a supermajority, 67 is. you need 60 to break a the filibusters that the republicans were using to block everything

including the zadroga bill

now start trying to backpedal your way out of something you don't fucking understand. yet again

one more time

give being stupid a break

teh_rapist

Quote:
one more time

strong argument right there. i bet this would really work wonders somewhere outside a preschool. oh wait not it doesn't.

SemperFly

Quote:
one more time

so in other words you realize you were wrong about what a supermajority is and the fact that the democrats did not have one in the senate in 2008.

anything else to add?

TheMorlock

doesn't need a strong argument. Just look at the garbage passed. "we have to pass it before we can find out whats in it"

ring a bell cupcake?

SemperFly

why don't you acknowledge the profoundly incorrect statement you made before trying to move onto something else?

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
The Republicans have spent a lot of effort on trying to destroy Obama's reelection chances. If he wins, the political calculus will change. I don't think it'll be in their best interest to be unrelentingly obstructionist anymore, since Obama would be gone in 2016 regardless. Clinton got a lot done from 96-2000 under similar circumstances, I think we'd see something similar.

I think Obama has not been nearly as effective as President as he could have been, but he was handed a bad deck in a lot of ways. Bad economy, really nasty and determined opposition, and a party not used to working in lockstep as would have been necessary. But he's gotten some decent stuff done.

One way or another, he hasn't been so bad that I could consider voting Republican with their current rhetoric. Romney's the best they have, even with his shift to the right, but I just can't reward that party after it's shifted so damn far into crazytown of late.

This is how I feel.

Plus Romney is a two-faced corporate pirate who has zero humanitarian ideals. He's like a horny 20 year old who will say anything to get you in bed....

As per my example earlier:

Quote:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

TheMorlock

Yeah romney seems to be pretty much scum.

not as bad as santorum