General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

dieselstation

Ford EVOS Concept

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Wow this thing is sexy. Like a grand tourer + crossover + super wagon all rolled into one. Supposedly it's the new design direction Ford is going with. lots more pics at http://www.speed-driven.com/ford/ford-evos-concept

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

cokezeroholic

"Shown here is Ford's vision of the future family car"

whatever. It's as much a family car as a 911.

It's a coupe with forced in sedan "features". It is way to nice to come out looking like that in any ford factory. If it does turn into a family car, say goodbye to that sleek sexy design. Hoping they'll offer a coupe model that will stay more true to the concept, but it's not like I'd ever buy one.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselstation View Post

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiholic View Post
"Shown here is Ford's vision of the future family car"

whatever. It's as much a family car as a 911.

It's a coupe with forced in sedan "features". It is way to nice to come out looking like that in any ford factory. If it does turn into a family car, say goodbye to that sleek sexy design. Hoping they'll offer a coupe model that will stay more true to the concept, but it's not like I'd ever buy one.

yeah it's not a vision if you pre-emptively discard it as a pipe-dream

illig

It looked somewhat feasible except for the sunroof and giant wheels.... And then they opened the doors and any possibility of it getting made went *poof*

Vigilante

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

I'm pretty sure this concept is to explore a "design language" for the future and not a specific new model that will be produced. Having said that, I really like the front end (complete with Aston Martin grill opening) and hood, but that rear end is hideous.

Also, concepts usually have funky little details that never make it into real production (the gullwing/clamshell doors and such)....but I'm wondering wtf is up with those tiny sideview mirrors.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Typhoon43

The single Porsche Boxter bunghole ass exhaust port makes me want to set that car on fire. The front and side shots were sexy as hell. Then the center exhaust hit me..

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

It will get made, but not even close to that and definitely not as a sedan and not with that ass.

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
It will get made, but not even close to that and definitely not as a sedan and not with that ass.
Umm..no. From an article on another site:

"You will never see this car on the road," said Ford in a statement, adding that the one-off concept showcases "a new vision for customer-focused and intuitive technologies." But the Dearborn automaker hastened to point out that the Evos Concept is more than a 2-ton smartphone.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post

"You will never see this car on the road," said Ford in a statement, adding that the one-off concept showcases "a new vision for customer-focused and intuitive technologies." But the Dearborn automaker hastened to point out that the Evos Concept is more than a 2-ton smartphone.

I agree, that doesn't say they wont borrow the design and make a more civilized version. Look at the CRZ, its pretty close to its concept.

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
I agree, that doesn't say they wont borrow the design and make a more civilized version. Look at the CRZ, its pretty close to its concept.
I think what they mean is that instead of creating an all new model, they will simply use some of the design features on this concept for future redesigns of existing models. Every carmaker has a certain "look" that extends across their product range...and this is the way Ford wants to go.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:

That thing is 4000 lbs?

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this concept is to explore a "design language" for the future and not a specific new model that will be produced. Having said that, I really like the front end (complete with Aston Martin grill opening) and hood, but that rear end is hideous.

Also, concepts usually have funky little details that never make it into real production (the gullwing/clamshell doors and such)....but I'm wondering wtf is up with those tiny sideview mirrors.

This is exactly what concepts are for. See the Cadillac Sixteen, Cien and EVOQ. Basically a concept of what design cues and style their future cars will use.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselstation View Post

[IMG]http://www.dieselupload.com/files/1/Ford-EVOS-Concept-008.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.dieselupload.com/files/1/Ford-EVOS-Concept-013.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.dieselupload.com/files/1/Ford-EVOS-Concept-014.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.dieselupload.com/files/1/Ford-EVOS-Concept-021.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.dieselupload.com/files/1/Ford-EVOS-Concept-001.jpg[/IM

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Wow this thing is sexy. Like a grand tourer + crossover + super wagon all rolled into one. Supposedly it's the new design direction Ford is going with. lots more pics at http://www.speed-driven.com/ford/ford-evos-concept

Your website sucks. That's all I get is pics of wallpapers, it won't even search for the articles.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

я~~~ я~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex я~~~ я~~~