Shit poster, lock and ban.
Shit overall, lock and ban.

Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFanel View Post
Shit car, lock and van.
Shit poster, lock and van.
Shit overall, lock and van.

STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #36

9a88834bbd59037c3b51e9614424d9f2

4byTacoma

I really like those MR2s but that wrap color doesn't suit the car. Gen 3 3SGTE?

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

yes gen 3

I really like it myself, I was planning to have it rewrapped in a similar satin red!

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

installed eBay downpipe, had to dremel out a fair amount of the flange in order for it to clear the wastegate flap.

I'm a little worried that I took too much material, but only time will tell.

The car is so much better to drive now that it has a cat on it, I was dying on my commute, definitely killed brain cells.

If this one does fail, I will probably go a different route, go back to the de-catted downpipe, have a cat added in further down the line.

Typhoon43

Sooo many clamps

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

am going to buy a two piece set that eliminates the bypass valve and cuts the coupler count down to four

badly badly need it. i pop them off during just about every shakedown drive. infuriating!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Typhoon43

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
am going to buy a two piece set that eliminates the bypass valve and cuts the coupler count down to four

badly badly need it. i pop them off during just about every shakedown drive. infuriating!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Gotta weld lips on all of your joints and use real T-Bolts everywhere when you're running mad boost.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Spent the weekend working on and then breaking the car... Removing old shitty intercooler fan, replacing w/ new shitty chinee fan. Also added a fan to the engine lid.

intercooler sits down there in front of the rear pass wheel well (where you can see asphalt/daylight)

ran wiring up to a switch near my left knee, and some wiring for a boost gauge I have to install in the near future...

intercooler extracted, fan installed. the other side that faces the road was CAKED in black shit, I blasted it with throttle body/intake cleaner then rinsed it thoroughly, let it dry. That alone should probably make a big difference.

rain guard removed and flipped over, I installed the 90* arms upside down using some 5min epoxy, drilled some holes for the zip-tie things... it's solid, doesn't rattle or anything.

installed! Working perfectly, not really sure if this is going to resolve my temperature spikes. While I was digging around in there, i discovered that my boost controller was hooked up incorrectly. Normally one bung on the wastegate is blocked shut, other one goes to your boost control. This one had both bungs open, one plumbed to the turbo, one plumbed to my MBC. So any adjustments i was making on my MBC were basically not doing anything. I should have figured this out sooner.

So I think I nailed my boost control problem, got the new fans in there, made some progress on installing a boost gauge, but then I had to go see a friend down in the south bay. Went out for a shakedown. Did some ricer blowbys, got up to triple digits a couple of times, then I started thinking "hey, the car feels a little unstable... that's weird." minute or two later "hey why is my steering wheel cocked slightly to the right? I should definitely get an alignment when I replace my rear tires." A mile later I heard some loud slapping noises, saw rubber chunks flying around, I threw on the hazards and dove over to the breakdown lane, called AAA and ordered a pair of Dunlop Direzza ZIII's.

Nasty! Obviously lost pressure, sidewall failed. I am very fortunate that it didn't blow out violently. I had a LOT of advance warning, was able to pull over to safety. Rim has a couple of marks on it, but it never rode on the ground which is good. This tire had a little bit of metal shrapnel in it, it's been there for months, was on my mind but I deferred it which was stupid.

Can see the sidewall sucked in there

as long as it's in the air I'm doing an oil change

And changed plugs. Old ones weren't terrible, one of them has some crud on it, I need a new valve cover gasket.

Typhoon43

That car refuses to die, but it sure seems to try to kill you every chance it gets

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

M3 wreck itself was easily survivable, only really a question of whether I'd bash into the guard rail on the left or the hillside to the right. I ended on the left, very fortunate that none of my car was actually obstructing traffic...

really it just would have taken a minor error by an oncoming car while I was sitting there waiting ~30 min for CHP in pitch black/pouring rain, behind a crest

one idiot veering slightly out into the shoulder (which happens all the time even in perfect conditions) would have killed me for sure

VanFanel
THERE IS NO DATA HERE - NONE AT ALL! \o/

You cant possibly say that turdsickle is any more reliable than my krautmobiles XD

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

can't blame the car for this particular failure

this happened because I deferred tire replacement

and, update:

(~5 miles later after a hi speed shakedown, on the offramp home, my right rear brake line split.) No evidence of any damage, othre than that black rubber bit being a little bashed up. You can see in my prev post that it looks okay-ish.

dipshit.
royjr
65/m/furry looking for 12/m/top

You are destined for failure with cars, man. I don't know anyone who has as bad of luck with them than you.

How is it that an upgraded SS braided line fails on a system where the weakest link is the stock RUBBER ones??
"I'm done here fuck all of you faggots." -GhEttOrAiD 07-16-2014, 05:10 PM.