General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
jfnirvana292
I had this name since 1796.
 
.22 Handgun Reccomendation

Looking around for a .22 handgun for plinking around. Must be around $300 or less. What does everyone reccomend?
__________________
me: "teh interweb is like watching pron on scrambled Cinemax, no matter how hard you try, you can never get off."
Old 03-02-2008, 03:50 PM jfnirvana292 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

monkey-boy
 
monkey-boy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfnirvana292 View Post
Looking around for a .22 handgun for plinking around. Must be around $300 or less. What does everyone reccomend?

UNDER $300 is gonna be tough even if its used....

bumb the $ to about $350 and you should be able to swing a ruger mk-2 or browning buckmark pretty easy.
__________________
They know it, they know we know, we know they know we know. Everyone knows.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:03 PM monkey-boy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

bizzz111
 
baretta neo is weird looking and a great plinker. Also fits the price range.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:29 PM bizzz111 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

godofcheese
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz111 View Post
baretta neo is weird looking and a great plinker. Also fits the price range.

Yep, you can pick them up cheep since people get tired of looking at them.
__________________
he looks like m22 crossed with gordon freeman - maybe the haldron gordon freeman - Tongboy describing me
Old 03-02-2008, 05:17 PM godofcheese is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

Chilly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofcheese View Post
Yep, you can pick them up cheep since people get tired of looking at them.

QFT
Old 03-02-2008, 05:33 PM Chilly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

jfnirvana292
I had this name since 1796.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey-boy View Post
UNDER $300 is gonna be tough even if its used....

bumb the $ to about $350 and you should be able to swing a ruger mk-2 or browning buckmark pretty easy.

$300-399 is max.

Was looking at this earlier today thinking itd be nice:

http://www.browning.com/products/cat...51&type_id=442

I think it was 299 at gander mountain...
__________________
me: "teh interweb is like watching pron on scrambled Cinemax, no matter how hard you try, you can never get off."

Last edited by jfnirvana292; 03-02-2008 at 08:08 PM..
Old 03-02-2008, 08:05 PM jfnirvana292 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch
 
Gearhead's Avatar
 
stay away from the walthers.

after a while the slide catch wears down to the point where it doesn't catch after the last round is gone
__________________
“What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul.” - J.C.
Member of Micks for Mayhem Irish Crew
Motorcycle Club

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division
Old 03-02-2008, 08:07 PM Gearhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

Soybomb
 
You should be able to find a s&w 22a for $200-225 brand new with a life time warranty and metal frame. I love mine.
__________________
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it." - Related in someway to Voltaire probably.
Only the educated are free. --Epictetus
Old 03-02-2008, 08:28 PM Soybomb is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

IM A FAGGOT AND I <3 COCKS IN MY ASS
thewhiteguy
 
Rugger Mark III 22/45 isn't the most comfortable gun but it's pretty accurate, it works well and it's not that expensive.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:43 PM IM A FAGGOT AND I <3 COCKS IN MY ASS is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

yar11800
 
The ruger mark II 45, and browning buckmark are both good. I really have not had problems with the S&W 22a. The walter is junk. We do a kids fair each year and used walters for 2 years. (200 kids 20 pistols, whole lot of cases of ammo). The walter g22's puked and went jam'o'matic. They also threw the brass strait back at the kids when they limp wristed the slightest. The brass would go down the girls shirts and they would dance around with loaded guns in their hands if we did not immediately pin their wrist holding the gun in a safe direction. Then they would sometimes drop a loaded gun. This never happened with the rugers, brownings, and S&W's. We do not use the walters any longer even when they offer the free use of their pistols.

That fake comp on the walters are junk too. The come loose, get stripped out, and then fall off. It's consmetic, not a real comp. What garbage.

Ask me how I really feal about the walters.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:46 PM yar11800 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

O.F.Fascist
 
__________________
Fascism > Socialism
Proud Sponsor of the American Military-Industrial Complex
Old 03-02-2008, 10:49 PM O.F.Fascist is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

monkey-boy
 
monkey-boy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yar11800 View Post
The ruger mark II 45, and browning buckmark are both good. I really have not had problems with the S&W 22a. The walter is junk. We do a kids fair each year and used walters for 2 years. (200 kids 20 pistols, whole lot of cases of ammo). The walter g22's puked and went jam'o'matic. They also threw the brass strait back at the kids when they limp wristed the slightest. The brass would go down the girls shirts and they would dance around with loaded guns in their hands if we did not immediately pin their wrist holding the gun in a safe direction. Then they would sometimes drop a loaded gun. This never happened with the rugers, brownings, and S&W's. We do not use the walters any longer even when they offer the free use of their pistols.

That fake comp on the walters are junk too. The come loose, get stripped out, and then fall off. It's consmetic, not a real comp. What garbage.

Ask me how I really feal about the walters.

there is the new garbage walther puts out, and then there is the old quality stuff walther built their rep on.

BIG difference between the two.
__________________
They know it, they know we know, we know they know we know. Everyone knows.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:47 AM monkey-boy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

Defiler
 
S&W 22a

MSRP is higher than $300, but they are almost always less then that. Has rails and crap on it for mounting something if you want.
__________________
9155fb13bb30f91c791f5348f9a9fa42
Old 03-03-2008, 01:10 AM Defiler is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

Dismal
 
I have a Ruger Mk III and the gf has a Browning Buckmark. Both are fantasic plinkers, accurate and all.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:42 AM Dismal is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

Aseras
 
Sig mosquito. they retail for $300 NIB and you can grab a used for in the sub $200 range. ( at least I've seen several in the last few months here in fl )
Old 03-03-2008, 06:27 AM Aseras is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:32 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.