General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lonedawg
Stiler

E.y.e Divine Cybermancy - Huge indie Deus Ex like cyberpunk fps game on steam for 18$

This game just came out of nowhere, surprised no one has talked about it here.

It's basically a huge FPS-rpg, similar to Deus Ex. It just came out on steam this past week and has been getting a lot of attention through word of mouth. It just popped out of nowhere and seems a lot of people love it.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The main complaints are that it's really really hard to learn some things, due to weird control schemes/poor tutorials, and some bad localization. However if you can get by this and enjoy Deus Ex it seems right up that alley.

It's only 18 bucks on steam (13 and change if you get in on a 4-pack deal).

Some reviews:
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/eye/1185987p1.html

http://games.on.net/article/13354/be...ine_Cybermancy

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Forever Domon

looks interesting

Chilly

I loves me some Co-op, I might pick this up.

thegrandpenguin

Slowly making a run as a sniper since last week.

Tried making an agility/endurance based melee character but...holy shit...melee and stealth mechanics are kind of fucked up.

And yeah I just want to reiterate that the tutorial sucks complete balls and there is a very artificial learning curve involved.

Otherwise pretty cool game. Hacking makes no sense and there's little downside to using heavy armor vs light or medium. Gonna make a heavy based minigun character next and see how far I can get with just brute forcing my way through.

Game supposedly has a very extensive patch on the way that will fix a lot of problems.

edit: Oh and I do not recommend doing your first run as sniper unless you absolutely want to cheese it. The rifle with a 25 round clip is hilariously overpowered once you reach a certain amount of accuracy.

Codesage

I heard it was WAY too complex/difficult

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!

There is a new Deus Ex coming out shortly anyway.

Caelum

There's a 55 minute quicklook @ giantbomb on this. It looks pretty cool, but somewhat complicated

MooK

I want it. Anyone up for the 4-pack?

Phil Taylor
I'll be back

mods, take care of this jammie5 noob for me.

nigga, you just made me click "go advanced"...

Seikan

looks fucking sweet

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnza View Post
There is a new Deus Ex coming out shortly anyway.

yeah people said that when Deus Ex 2 was about to come out. Not going to get excited yet.

Caelum

Ok, well I played this for a little while yesterday. Got to lvl 16 or 17 or something.

Wondering what anyone else thought of it. I'm not sure if I like it.
Complaints:
All the default weapons are the best and you can just wear the heaviest armor all the time and just walk a little slower. I bought the silenced sub machine gun but its mag is too small to be any good. The silenced sniper rifle is great. No recoil and a 25 round mag. The assault rifle is awesome. Really accurate and pretty powerful. I bought the only locked one and its half as powerful as the default one with like 3 times the fire rate and 4 times the mag, but its a pussy gun. The assault rifle is so much better. The chain gun is ridiculous. How can you use that gun by default? Shotguns, why? The enemies can see you from 18 miles away

I'm not very far at all. I've completed only 2 levels but went back to the city level to make money cause the money is really good that way. You make around 25-40k each rerun through the city.

I dont see the point in hacking. The game keeps going when you're in menus so why not just take the 1 or 2 shots to the head that it takes to kill every single enemy except the armored guys like you that take a substantial amount more or the Deus Ex Machina which is a big demon monster....wtf....then you just chain gun that bitch in the head and its dead faster than the guys like you are.

Why research? I dont get it at all. I saw the recoil dampener, but I'm not sure if it actually will do anything or if its pointless like the rest seem to be, but most of the other stuff is just random bull shit. Its like "a mysterious element"
I want to know, seriously.

Why does everything take the same currency? I'm not super crazy about this. I hate grinding. And that's what you have to do. So far anyway. Grind side missions to get enough money to buy everything. If you're specced right of course.
In the insane character builder, I was just looking at all of the genes and when I went back to the one I liked, it was a different set of stats. So you can just hit gene combo or whatever until you get what you like...its so weird.

The powers you buy at the medical place all run your battery down pretty quickly. I like the cloak, but the eyes thing runs your battery down so quick I cant see it being useful for people that aren't specced just to use those talents.

I know all of these are game mechanic things but if you were to ask me about the story, I wouldn't know. Your mentors bad I think? Maybe. Federation is your enemy and there are monsters and bandits about.

Also the game maps are pretty big. Which is sort of good, and sort of bad. I HATE that the hq place is so big, but the mission areas being so big isnt a bad thing really.

Caelum

Ok ok I think I'm rethinking the all one currency thing. The way it is now, if there is no max level, you can unlock a lot of stuff instead of like how, Bioshock limited your power by how much total Atom (Adam? its been a while) there was in the game

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
yeah people said that when Deus Ex 2 was about to come out. Not going to get excited yet.
ive played 3, its better.

Its still not the masterpiece 1 was, but its decent. In the very first level, theres 8 different paths to reach the goal that I counted. Its not linear, which is a big step in the right direction.

Now as for character development, and an awesome story, and good augmentation mechanics? that i cant speak to yet, but maybe if they got one thing right, theyll get the others right