General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General Forums > Vault of [M]ayhem!
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

gg
Kato

Orange Juice Linked to Hearing Loss

Some startling findings emerged from Minnesota University this past week, suggesting that orange juice sold in cardboard cartons is hazardous to the tiny organs responsible for hearing, located in the inner ear. The findings are the result of a three month study conducted by graduate student Matt Green, in which he investigated the formation of a toxin known as 1,2,1 trimethylchlorozene, or abbreviated as TMCZ. TMCZ, harmful even in small doses, is destructive to the inner ear and the the pathway connecting it with the brain, known as the auditory nerve.

The data comes as a shock to chemists, toxicologists, and consumers alike. Green, when interviewed regarding his findings, remarked, "I was shocked to learn that it [TMCZ] could form under those conditions. I've only seen the textbook example of TMCZ systhesis, which ordinarily takes place at over 840 degrees Fahrenheit."

Green's study uncovered the possibility of TMCZ synthesis at room temperature and below, as coming from the most unlikely source under a set of abnormal conditions. Matt described this as, "an odd occurence, that the glue from the cardboard carton was reacting with an antioxidant in orange juice to form TMCZ. What none of us expected was that citric acid was the catylist. No wonder we couldn't have predicted this result before the experiment."

The glue used in the manufacture of cardboard milk cartons, along with an antioxidant found in oranges, will form TMCZ. This TMCZ formation takes place at a moderate pace, but still, enough TMCZ is formed on average to cause hearing loss after prolonged exposure. Since the TMCZ is the result of a chemical reaction between an orange juice enzyme and the cardboard glue, orange juice is still safe and healthy when packaged in plastic containers. All consumers are urged by health experts, as well as Green and his research team, to discontinue use and purchase of all cardboard orange juice containers. Health experts urge individuals who have extensively used cardboard containers in the past schedule a simple hearing test to assess any potential damage.

As soon as we sail on to Cane Garden Bay

Last edited by g; 12-06-2004 at 12:21 AM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

nismo

this is working out good ill help out throughout this thread where I can

The Count
bainsstatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by g

Some startling finding emerged from Minnesota University this past week, suggesting that orange juice sold in cardboard cartons is hazardous to the tiny organs responsible for hearing, located in the innter ear. The findings are the result of a three month long study conducted by graduate student Matt Green, in which he investigated the formation of a toxin known as 1,2,1 trimethylchlorozene, or abbreviated as TMCZ. TMCZ, harmful even in small doses, is destructive to the inner ear and the audial nerve, the pathway connecting the inner ear to brain.

The data comes as a shock to chemists, toxicologists, and consumers alike. Matt, when interviewed regarding his findings, remarked, "I was shocked to learn that it [TMCZ] could form under those conditions. I'm used to the textboox example of TMCZ systhesis, which ordinarily takes place at over 840 degrees Farenheit."

Matt's study uncovered the possibility of TMCZ synthesis at room temperature and below, as coming from the most unlikely source under a set of abnormal conditions. Matt described this as, "an odd occurence, that the glue from the cardboard carton was reacting with an antioxidant in orange juice to form TMCZ. What none of us expected was that citric acid was the catylist. No wonder we couldn't have predicted this result before the experiment.

The glue used in the manufacture of cardboard milk cartons, along with an antioxidant found in oranges, will form TMCZ. This TMCZ formation takes place at a moderate pace, but still, enough to cause hearing loss after prolonged exposure. Since the TMCZ is the result of a chemical reaction between an orange juice enzyme and the cardboard glue, orange juice is still safe and healthy when packaged in plastic containers. All consumers are urged by health experts, as well as Matt and his research team, to discontinue use and purchase of all cardboard orange juice containers, as well as that individuals who have drinken from them for long periods of time schedule a simple hearing test.
  • check all underlines for spelling/comma insertion/unnecessary capitalization
▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓

ASHLEE SIMPSON > ALL YUO FGTS

nismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by g

Some startling finding emerged from Minnesota University this past week, suggesting that orange juice sold in cardboard cartons is hazardous to the tiny organs responsible for hearing, located in the innter ear. The findings are the result of a three month long study conducted by graduate student Matt Green, in which he investigated the formation of a toxin known as 1,2,1 trimethylchlorozene, or abbreviated as TMCZ. TMCZ, harmful even in small doses, is destructive to the inner ear and the the pathway connecting it with the brain, known as the audial nerve.

The data comes as a shock to chemists, toxicologists, and consumers alike. Matt, when interviewed regarding his findings, remarked, "I was shocked to learn that it [TMCZ] could form under those conditions. I'm used to the textboox example of TMCZ systhesis, which ordinarily takes place at over 840 degrees Farenheit."

Matt's study uncovered the possibility of TMCZ synthesis at room temperature and below, as coming from the most unlikely source under a set of abnormal conditions. Matt described this as, "an odd occurence, that the glue from the cardboard carton was reacting with an antioxidant in orange juice to form TMCZ. What none of us expected was that citric acid was the catylist. No wonder we couldn't have predicted this result before the experiment.

The glue used in the manufacture of cardboard milk cartons, along with an antioxidant found in oranges, will form TMCZ. This TMCZ formation takes place at a moderate pace, but still, enough to cause hearing loss after prolonged exposure. Since the TMCZ is the result of a chemical reaction between an orange juice enzyme and the cardboard glue, orange juice is still safe and healthy when packaged in plastic containers. All consumers are urged by health experts, as well as Matt and his research team, to discontinue use and purchase of all cardboard orange juice containers, as well as that individuals who have drinken from them for long periods of time schedule a simple hearing test.
That sounds very good and technical and it sounds like it could be a craz but gullible enough for most people to believe it. What did the OJ industry do to YOU?

TheJesus
did somebody say buttsechs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g

Some startling finding emerged from Minnesota University this past week, suggesting that orange juice sold in cardboard cartons is hazardous to the tiny organs responsible for hearing, located in the innter ear. The findings are the result of a three month long study conducted by graduate student Matt Green, in which he investigated the formation of a toxin known as 1,2,1 trimethylchlorozene, or abbreviated as TMCZ. TMCZ, harmful even in small doses, is destructive to the inner ear and the the pathway connecting it with the brain, known as the audial nerve.

Use last names not first names. Its much more believeable.

have you read mine? what do you think?

gg
Kato

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo
That sounds very good and technical and it sounds like it could be a craz but gullible enough for most people to believe it. What did the OJ industry do to YOU?
It'd be hilarious if genmay was responsible for a TMCZ/cardboard glue scare

And I wouldn't put it past the American public to fall for something like this either

The Count
bainsstatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by g
It'd be hilarious if genmay was responsible for a TMCZ/cardboard glue scare

And I wouldn't put it past the American public to fall for something like this either
you checking my edits
and in journalism, or anything... mention full name once, then use last name from thereon out
▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓

ASHLEE SIMPSON > ALL YUO FGTS

pr0ntab

So have you finished the "FAQ and Guidelines" for sending this crap out g?

gg
Kato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count_Fagula
  • check all underlines for spelling/comma insertion/unnecessary capitalization
Thx

gg
Kato

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0ntab
So have you finished the "FAQ and Guidelines" for sending this crap out g?
Nope, but in the mean time you can send the ones marked with red asterisks to people you know. What I was going to do was put out a guide on how to harvest hundreds of addresses via automated means, and select the AOL/hotmail/yahoo ones from those and send the letters to them.

The red asterisk means that the author is done editing their letter. Look for these: *

TheJesus
did somebody say buttsechs?

g. Are you going to go mark some of them off?

gg
Kato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesus
g. Are you going to go mark some of them off?
Nope, that is up to the author

ILikeLife
ph34r teh pixel doggah

i think this is really funny. but i hope you guys dont jump the gun and instead have a quailty product with a good story and a lot of proof.

idealfaggot
idealneo

luftwaffel approval on this propaganda machine
Save YTCracker 1.25.05
Pete Support Tea[M] 4.11.06

schzim
Likes it in the butt

Someone should compile the complete list of emails ready to be sent!