General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General Forums > Vault of [M]ayhem!
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

GavinZac
BOO HOO, IM A FUCKING CRYBABY

this thread is the king
I saved the Greatest Thread www.genmay.com/showpost.php?p=17147243

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

teh fucking loser
tehmay
I love my cocks HUGE

so is this still going.... did anyone send out any of these?

what happened?

Misutiku

I'm sorta lazy, but tell us what images you need and maybe we can chop some stuff.

teh fucking loser
tehmay
I love my cocks HUGE

NO I just wanna know if any of this shit has gone out yet? is there work in process. I would really like to see this shit go out

RedEyes
Boner Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by g
With the collective creative talent and photochop prowess here at genmay, I have an idea that could actually work and create a lot of funny while being fun in the process. Stick with me - this is worth it.

The idea:

Lets create believable to semi-believable stories and, depending on the content, the correspoding photochop to go with it. Once we have a good collection, carefully reviewed for inclusion of well known facts or widely believed myths, we proceed to send them out all across the internet as individual chain letters. We'll target services such as AOL, hotmail, and yahoo extensively, since users there tend to be more receptive of these things, and quicker to use the forward button. Surely, within days, the well crafted ones will spread to inboxes all across the world, and be printed out numerous times and hung on office bulletin boards or cubicle walls.

Success comes when we get these forwarded back to our accounts by dumbass coworkers/relatives, when snopes does a debunking of them, or when some website writes a story they believe to be true as a result of information found in these chain letters. It'll be funny because we'll be the only ones initially, and probably for a while, that this is all well-crafted, well-orchestrated bullshit.

Since genmay is forbidden to all search engines, it'll be nearly impossible to debunk these stories until someone who reads here posts the hoax status on an external site. If we spend a decent amount of time at this, we can spread our original content all across the internet.
I will have a sample done by morning and will bump accordingly if needed.

Edit: Dec 5 - Writers, please mark your finished letters with a large red asterisk once you have finished writing and revising them. This will assist people who wish to send emails containing our writings without having to read in depth to know which ones are finished. If you are sending these as email to people, please only send ones with the red asterisks.

Sample:

Check this original post often for updates
one suggestion change it to "University of Minnesota." There is no "Minnesota University."

We will make contact with this frequency every twelve hours. Prepare sitrep for command authority. Have hope. We're coming for you.

JohnnyBeagle

17 Metre Great White Shark Sparks Massive Hunt

A massive campaign has been launched to catch and detain the largest reported Great White Shark. The campaign, funded by the Queensland Government, has proved to be the most expensive of it's kind and was launched five days ago on Wednesday (17/11/04). The hunt was fueled by concerns that, if left unchecked, the shark could be harmful to swimmers.

The female shark, nicknamed "Batou", has completely baffled local researchers who have "never seen anything like this before". Dr Trevor Long is Director of Marine Sciences at Sea world Gold Coast and is "really excited about this development. Previously, the largest Great White ever found is approximately seven meters long, so you can see why this is such a big deal for us."

Dr. Long and his team plan to capture the shark and relocate it to Sea World Resort for inclusion in the upcoming Shark Bay attraction. Experts from all over Australia and also Japan have indicated their interest in the shark as they believe it holds the key to a great deal of information.

The shark was spotted by tourists on civillian chartered diving boat "The Downunda". While observing the feeding habits of the local sharks from a shark cage, the diver noticed a large shadow swimming underneath the cage. Unbelievably, the massive shark swam right past the cage three times before the diver was able to snap an incredible photo of the 17 metre female eating a "smaller" 4 metre shark whole. The photo has been verified by experts at the S.H.E.N.S Institute and has been processed untouched on film.

What is the best way to send this stuff out?

Edit: By the way, thanks for the chop fittysix

Last edited by JohnnyBeagle; 12-10-2004 at 12:51 AM..

TheRequiem
No titty for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRequiem
Repost from a "front page" creation i cooked up:

=================
"Scientists discover direct link between internet discussion boards and homoerotic tendencies"
REUTERS (EU) – Dr. Beemah Sterbatin

Earlier this week at the Heileg Centre for Psychiatric Study, a small group of scientists have come to a shocking conclusion. Their claim, now corroborated by other international institutions, is that increased occurrences homoerotic fantasies and personal characteristics can be attributed to rise of internet communications – primarily those communications in the form of online discussion boards.

Although these discussion boards offer a wide range of intended topics – from Home Decorating (Link: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/decor/), to Personal Fitness and Leisure (Link: http://www.bcrpa.bc.ca/forum/), to Off Topic forums (Link: www.offtopic.com) where, literally, anything goes – they all offer one thing in common: anonymity. Users can often post anonymously, but even when a sign-up is required it can be had with a mere email address, which can be just as anonymous. “The point is,” Sterbatin offers, “users can safely speak their mind, and no one knows who they are.”

The implications of the anonymity are what is truly astounding. The group claims that there is a significant portion of the global population with suppressed homoerotic tendencies. These discussion boards allow people to speak their minds, openly and freely. Various homoerotic websites are referenced frequently, including the now defunct "Goat Sex Man" (Link: www.goatse.cx), and users get a taste of the graphic version of their inner selves. Despite the fact that “flaming” may be frequent in certain situation, homosexuality certainly being no exception, the simple act of letting the words come out is enough for most people. “It just start to flow, and they catch on thinking: ‘Hey… it really is ok to be gay!’” said Sterbatin, holding back a faint smile.

“The evolution of the [internal] psyche begins, and the person starts to accept themselves and their feelings, and eventually will be ready to express those sorts of thoughts outside of the walls of the internet.” Subjects, both male and female, studied over long periods of time eventually started to post pictures of themselves and ‘companions’ playing out their own individual fantasies. Sterbatin leaves us with a final message, “It was truly an amazing development we saw in our subjects – I couldn’t have asked for better results. I can only hope that the world become more involved, anonymously at first, for better general acceptance of those who like to drive the Hershey Highway.”

November 28th, 2004

=================

quoted for update to not have genmay, and to request some sort of image.

The Count
bainsstatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by solareon
Propylene Glycol has been linked to Spontaneous Freezing

Dr. Bill Jenkins of the University of Ankey released last week a report that will startle most. Propylene Glycol, a substance found in most deodorants has been linked to instances of spontaneous freezing. Dr. Jenkins has stated that while most of the time propylene glycol is a safe substance, 5 in 100 test cases resulted in some spontaneous freezing in humans.

Coleen Brady, an average stay at home mother of two, has told reporters that her sons will no longer be using deodorant. For fear "that they will freeze up like icicles". In a startling survey of 100 people after one week of the report being released, 65% of those surveyed said they will no longer use deodorant and neither will their children. Reporter Jim Loudin tried to investigate the matter further by asking deodorant manufacturers but they declined to return his calls.
seems a little TOO farfetched
▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓

ASHLEE SIMPSON > ALL YUO FGTS

The Count
bainsstatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBeagle
17 Metre Great White Shark Sparks Massive Hunt

A massive campaign has been launched to catch and detain the largest reported Great White Shark. The campaign, funded by the Queensland Government (Austrailia), has proved to be the most expensive of it's kind and was(<- having been) launched five days ago on Wednesday (17/11/04). The hunt was fueled by concerns that, if left unchecked, the shark could be harmful to swimmers.

The female shark, nicknamed "Batou", has completely baffled local researchers who have "never seen anything like this before."(fixed) Dr Trevor Long is Director of Marine Sciences at Sea world Gold Coast and is "really excited about this development. Previously, the largest Great White ever found is approximately seven meters long, so you can see why this is such a big deal for us."

Dr. Long and his team plan to capture the shark and relocate it to Sea World Resort for inclusion in the upcoming Shark Bay attraction. Experts from all over Australia and also Japan have indicated their interest in the shark as they believe it holds the key to a great deal of information.

The shark was spotted by tourists on civillian chartered diving boat "The Downunda". While observing the feeding habits of the local sharks from a shark cage, the diver noticed a large shadow swimming underneath the cage. Unbelievably, the massive shark swam right past the cage three times before the diver was able to snap an incredible photo of the 17 metre female eating a "smaller" 4 metre shark whole. The photo has been verified by experts at the S.H.E.N.S Institute and has been processed untouched on film.

What is the best way to send this stuff out?

Edit: By the way, thanks for the chop fittysix
alright, check this quoted message for underlines etc., i fixed one thing (marked already), try to fix the others.

• check tenses, past/present/future, keep it consistent
▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓

ASHLEE SIMPSON > ALL YUO FGTS

eroder

Dotted for good reading.
I'l let Gen[M]ay know when any of these stories hit South African coastlines....

GavinZac

any updates on these stories?

synaesthesia
ihasnomoneyiwantstobejapaneseiisaloserihasnomoneyiwantstobejapaneseiisaloserihasnomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinZac
any updates on these stories?

that was a helluva bump m8

This thread was though, I think i wrote a good 4 or 5 stories for it

lefty

this was a cool thread, but holy wtf thread resurrection!
.......v

GavinZac

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthesia
that was a helluva bump m8

This thread was though, I think i wrote a good 4 or 5 stories for it

i know, but yes, the thread was cool and its the longest open thread, and yet it hasnt really shown results yet

ScubaSteve

hmm, I have this vague memory about OJ and hearing loss. I cant remember if its from some chainmail I got or this thread....