General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Arkayne

Airsoft: Mask suggestions

I'm in the market for a good mask. I'm looking for something lightweight, full face, no-fog, and nice looking.

What do you guys use? Do you have any recommendations? What about a particular airsoft website that sells quality gear?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

MicMic

You could go different ways in choosing eye protection for airsoft. I personally like using shooting glasses, some people avoid this route due to the higher change of a face shoot. That problem is easily solved by a boxing mouth piece and a shemag (http://www.khs-products.com/images/shemag_detail.jpg) This is what I personally use.

You could also go with the full face mask, although this can cause problems. I find its harder to aim with a face mask and that it gets very wet due to sweat and its just gross. But to each its own.

Masks:
JT Fog Proof Paintball (http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/...oducts_id=1736)
Wire Airsoft Mask
(http://airsoftatlanta.com/images/od_mesh_mask_jpg.jpg)

Shooting glasses:
Wiley X (http://www.opticsplanet.net/wileyx-eyegear.html) These are a little on the expensive side, but are issued to troops overseas and various law enforcment agencies.

I personally use run of the mill shooting glasses, as long as they are ANZI. 87.1 ( I think its .1) they are fine.

18B<rambone>

tactical goggles, check out the goggles made by oakley and wiley X.

Arkayne

excellent suggestions. thanks!

bigtony

us pro's love the bolle: x800 <---- best of both worlds.

CheEze_iZ_G0oD

I run shooting glasses, Oakley's are good, I personally use S&W Code 4s. I never really like goggles or masks as I could fog every pair I ever owned in about 15 minutes.

Bunchies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18B<rambone>
tactical goggles, check out the goggles made by oakley and wiley X.

make sure they are ansi rated, lest your local field get their panties in a bunch about it.

I personally use a pair of shooting glasses. And that's all i wear. I haven't had the honor of being shot in the face wearing just that yet, so i'm still fine with it.

I found that using goggles, they fog up very easily and i think it's more dangerous in airsoft to trip over some crap you can't see than the minimal risk with shooting glasses.

Masks are completely different. You can't see a THING. And you can't aim either. I'd stay away from them as much as possible.

Ho Lee Shit of the Asian Crew

71e7a3a5f86e282d6e23b172626f6cad

FriedCPU

JT USA makes an airsoft mask now. http://www.jtusa.com/airsoft/JT_AirSoft_Delta.html At $20 US it's dirt cheap too.

It's basically a paintball goggle with a tighter fitting lower section so you can bring your weapon closer to your cheek. That's something that you can't do with a full size paintball mask. I get around that problem by using a red dot scope rather than my iron sights. But I might sell my mask to get one of these.

Bunchies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedCPU
JT USA makes an airsoft mask now. http://www.jtusa.com/airsoft/JT_AirSoft_Delta.html At $20 US it's dirt cheap too.

It's basically a paintball goggle with a tighter fitting lower section so you can bring your weapon closer to your cheek. That's something that you can't do with a full size paintball mask. I get around that problem by using a red dot scope rather than my iron sights. But I might sell my mask to get one of these.

that sure is interesting, but i must admit, it still feels totally different to wear shooting glasses. Plus if you are doing any sort of loadout, it just looks funny to be wearing a mask and running around. Airsoft is half about looks anyway.

FriedCPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunchies
that sure is interesting, but i must admit, it still feels totally different to wear shooting glasses. Plus if you are doing any sort of loadout, it just looks funny to be wearing a mask and running around. Airsoft is half about looks anyway.
Here's my loadout without my mask:

I'll try and take a pic w/ my mask tonight to see if it ruins the look. I guess a mask can ruin a loadout, but a bb can ruin your face. I've seen pics on airsoft forums that make me wince as much as tub girl did when I saw her for the third time. The good thing about the JT Airsoft mask is that it's tight to your face so you can cover it up with a shemagh if you wanted to. Maybe even a balaclava.

Bunchies

my loadout:

just imagine it with a mask

shoesaroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedCPU

i have that mask and it's not that good. the only diffrence between mine and that one is that mine doesn't say anything and that says softair.

Arkayne

Ahhhh I didn't think of that! I was looking at these paintball masks and I never thought about them getting in the way of aiming. I'll check ot that delta mask. thx

FriedCPU

Ok. I took some pics with my mask and helmet on the left and my mask covered with my shemagh on the right. I don't think it's that bad.

Moniker

what you really need is an AK to go with that shemagh...