General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

Curio and Relic license

Who here has a Form 7 Curio and Relic FFL? I remember reading some thread about it once. I've ordered the packet and want to know what to expect? Finger printing and criminal background check probably right?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Nomad

i have sent my CR FFL app off.

the forms are really easy to fill out, and self explaitory. there are 3 pages for the BATFE, and 3 pages for the CLEO. it only took me about 2 hrs to fill out the paperwork and review it three times. the main hang up i had was trying to find my CLEO (cheif law enforcement officer).

here in anchorage, the APD told me to call the AK state troopers, and they told me to call the APD. so i was on a rat race.

what is stated on the back of the C&R FFL app is that you are releasing the BATFE to do a full check on you for residency, medical, mental, legal etc problems. i have read that it takes about 6-8 weeks to get the FFL.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting...fl03/index.asp

that right there is a very helpful link for CR FFL instructions and INFO.

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

Cool, they could save themselves the trouble and talk to the OPM or DSS and just get my file from there. It'd be faster too

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit

Just waiting to hit 21...the day of, I'm going to start prepping mine.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

WOW that's a good article. still reading.

Nomad

Some info that i found to be wrong in the procedure from the surplus rifle page: i beleive its Item 10 on the CR FFL app, its the non-immigrant Alien section. from reading the instructions on the app and on the question- do NOT fill out that section if you are not a nonimmigrant alien.

surplus rifle says fill out number 10 a or somthing, i left item 10 blank, completely.

the nice thing about the CR licence, is that you can collect guns, and keep a bound book... but you dont have to report to the BATFE, or tell them you are quitting. you dont have to send in your records if what i read is true. there is the possibility of getting audited though. so keep records, and enter every sale into the bound book.

Exposure

I absolutely LOVE having my C&R. From the time I sent in the paperwork until I recieved the license was only 5 weeks. There is no finger print card needed, just supply all your relevant information as if you were buying a firearm at any gunstore.

However, it is the most expensive $30.00 I have ever spent! I have been buying an average of 2 rifles a month since I got my C&R. And of course once you have the rifle you gotta have at least 1000 rounds of ammo, but each crate of ammo comes with a new flyer that has some other must have rifle in yet another caliber, it is a vicious cycle! LOL

Any gun lover who doesn't have a C&R license is missing out on some of the greatest deals ever.

unclefester1790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting...fl03/index.asp

that right there is a very helpful link for CR FFL instructions and INFO.

very helpful article, thanks.

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

I'm mainly getting it because i want to get a CZ52, and I can pay 300+ for it at a gun shop/show or gunbroker, or if i have a C&R i found a store online that will sell them for like 135. also rifles are super cheap if you buy them directly as opposed to at a gun shop/show

Nomad

yup, thats why im doing it to. for the cheap guns. Also, i want some SMLE enfields, however, there are none here in the anchorage area for sale at the gun stores. my only option is to wait for my CR and order from the net

BPJ

IIRC you only had to supply the application to the CLEO no?

When I did mine I just dropped it off at the courthouse and told them to give it to the chief and left.

But my memory is fuzzy, maybe a CLEO sig is required instead of it just being something they file.

Edit for clarification: I mean you have to send the application to the BATFE but there is no need for a CLEO signature, only for them to have the application.

Wood, wood, wood. Would you please get that penis out of my butt?

That's a good poem.

Last edited by BPJ; 03-03-2006 at 08:47 PM..

Nomad

you have to mail a copy to the CLEO and the BATFE now.

mushrew

do you have to be 21 to get a C&R license? i didn't realize you had to until it asked if you were 21 in one of the boxes on the forms but it said also to explain so i'm not sure

Nomad

yea. 21 is minimum age for a CR FFL.
<taken from the article posted above> these are the req's
21 years or more of age;
You cannot be prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving or possessing firearms or ammunition; (i.e., you are not a convicted felon, also, you have to be a US citizen or permanent resident or have special dispensation)
You have not willfully violated the Gun Control Act (GCA) or its regulations;
You have not willfully failed to disclose material information or willfully made false statements concerning material facts in connection with his application (in other words, you did not lie on your application!)