General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Static Vision
...and that's the way we all became the brady bunch
 
Static Vision's Avatar
 
Drugs are going to ruin the world just like gay marriage.


BAN THE WORLD!!!
__________________
Please inform the captain this is a hijack.
52166fe262e5931bf138c3a5c30412b8
Old 12-03-2008, 06:23 PM Static Vision is offline  
Reply With Quote
#691  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoj View Post
Thanks for at least some sensible replies. I agree that you have a lot of good points that Figment has already made. I was wrong to assume that others could safely use recreational drugs in the same way that I can.

I still disagree that large scale illegal manufacture would exist. You said it yourself, marijuana is extremely cheap to produce. Just because there are FDA regulations that say you can't lace it with rat poison doesn't mean that pharmaceutical growers are going to be held back. All varieties of potencies could exist, just like we have Bud Light and Everclear. There would be no restrictions on that. You are making an invalid assumption to assume that illegally grown pot would be any better or stronger, since there would be no regulation on that (although %THC or some such rating would of course be available on legally produced product) and certainly you cant suggest that a home grower has the resources or knowledge to do it better than Phillip Morris? You are also making an invalid assumption in suggesting that more potent pot has anything to do with danger. How does it?
1) Home growers wont have the skills/resources to grow weed at the same level of major corporations?... Lets just nail that coffin shut right now; Micro brewers.
(Weed is even easier to grow than beer is to brew too)

2) Potency isnt being equated with danger its equated with quality and the markets desire for it. If i can out grow in quality or volume at a price point against my big corporate counter parts, tens of thousands of small home/shop/under the table vendors like myself are going to crush the market. (Again, your safety and regulation, etc. concept is dead - You would have a better argument here if you said that smoking, buying and owning pot was not illegal but growing and selling without a state/federal license is.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by yoj View Post
A lot of good points, thanks again. I have one question though, what is your opinion on gun control? I see legalized ownership of guns as serving as a good working analogy to legalized drugs:

- like drugs used recreationally, they have no inherent beneficial use.
- the right to own a gun (and the right to use drugs) comes with risk of harm/death of others.

While it is not a perfect comparison, you get the idea. Currently Americans accept the risks that come with gun ownership because it is considered a basic personal right/freedom. Just curious what you think about this and how it relates to drug use.

Unfortunately I cant make a comparison here.
We dont have the second amendment because everyone thought it was fun to own guns, and that we would assume the risk and have fun with them like drugs.

We have it for a reason that is quickly being forgotten with this post-baby boomer generation. We have guns to provide a massive check and balance against our government.


Long story short, my stance on gun ownership:
Freedom to own any number of guns at any time
Current registration laws
Permits for concealed carries
Military spec weapons banned
Restrictions for violent criminals

Thats the gist of it.
__________________
t00l
Old 12-03-2008, 07:33 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#692  

Static Vision
...and that's the way we all became the brady bunch
 
Static Vision's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post


Long story short, my stance on gun ownership:
Freedom to own any number of guns at any time
Current registration laws
Permits for concealed carries
Military spec weapons banned
Restrictions for violent criminals

Thats the gist of it.

You can own and purchase any number of guns whenever you feel like it but I can not spark a joint?

FUCKING EL OH EL

The world is fucked please do not breed your children into this pot smoking devil nation.
__________________
Please inform the captain this is a hijack.
52166fe262e5931bf138c3a5c30412b8
Old 12-03-2008, 07:41 PM Static Vision is offline  
Reply With Quote
#693  

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedoop View Post
God your a prick


1)YEA WE STOP THROWING PEOPLE IN JAIL FOR DOING SHIT THEY'RE GONNA DO NO MATTER WHAT SO WE'RE KILLING THEM. Lets take a shit ton of tax payer money and pay to feed and shelter these scum instead! Obviously the only sane response! Clearly you should be in charge of what we can and cannot put into our own bodies in the privacy of our homes. I hand it over to you: our consumption overlord.


2) Better than right now when ANYONE can purchase the drugs. I never said it's harmless for underage kids or anyone for that matter. But its your fucking choice to harm your body or not. No shit it doesn't work with alcohol but It would be a real joke if alcohol was sold by drug dealers instead of in stores. But again, i don't think kids should be able to purchase drugs otc just like they can't purchase alcohol now. I never suggested it would be better then the current system with alcohol. Prohibition in any form is autopilot for FAIL.



3)And i saw lots of a pot heads get through school just fine. Do you think the ones that failed out are just victims of drug dealers or do you think there could be some psycological issues? Who's to say they weren't going to become alcoholics and fail out if that was the only vice they could reach. Maybe they chose mj because that was the only drug they could get their hands on....CAUSE ITS NOT REGULATED.



4)Shit, get me in that time machine mang. So far you've predicted poor quality commercial weed, covered in addicting chemicals, getting smoked 24/7 by high school students and policemen alike. Buisness's already ban employee's from using drugs. And then we start back at the beginning with prohibition? omgz are we in teh matrix? You're being so dense i really think you're a troll at this point.

Answer me this for the lols: Has prohibition been a success so far?

1) Good point. Murders and rapists are just going to kill and rape. Lets just rehabilitate them instead of jail them, its cheaper. If they kill or rape again... hey we saved a buck!

If you stoners want to stop getting jailed and save us some money, great! Legalize it, petition your fuckin government and build a strong community and begin a grass roots effort. Just like pro-choice parties did, just like gun owners do, just like the rest of the special interest groups do. You arnt fucking special, we dont owe you assholes a mother fucking thing.


2) Bold on the key problem you have - you arnt harming just yourself you are effecting others around you, from the smoke to the dangerous driving to the passing out in the street on an O.D. If you honestly are trying to pass off smokers as responsible users who only use in their home and dont leave untill they are normalized... im loling.
Smokers smoke at home, work, between classes. You going to hire the pothead that blazes a fatty before work, comes in and drives the forklift into a customers face? Ready to pay out that lawsuit? If you arnt willing to assume that risk, im not either.

Second, Just because its un-controllable doesnt mean its not worth attempting to control. AIDS is uncontrollable so lets just let it rain, pull of government spending on AIDS research, ok?


3) Thanks for making my argument for me; Stoners have an increased failure rate, so those who make it with pot will defiantly make it without and those who didnt with it, may without. Lets have less dropouts so we can appease the highschool stoners that are able to pass while high.


4) No problem dawg, its easy to predict things like this. Not to mention John Titor fuckin told me.
Yeah great "I CANT ARGUE YOUR TROLL" sweet, havent seen everyone in the pit fallback to that one before.

For your little P.S. - It didnt work because the nation as a whole decided that the majority where in favor of access to those drugs.
The real rearson it also didnt work because rum-running required a fucking model T and some barrels in your back yard. If we banned alchohol again today you can bet your fuckin last baggie that rum-running wouldnt be to fuckin' profitable this time around.


time for my p.s. - riddle me this you joker: Has gun control worked out thus far?
__________________
t00l
Old 12-03-2008, 08:00 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#694  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrich Himmler View Post
No one NEEDS to smoke marijuana, good enough reason to not legalize it. I'm up for outlawing cigarettes and booze, myself. Because all they do is kill.

You think you should be allowed to do what you wish to your own body> In other words, you have a death wish? Fine, just blow your brains out. And save your friends and family decades of anguish as you waste away. Save the government thousands in treating your "pain" which will never go away. Save the innocent life you'll hit on the highway because the alcohol or pot made you swerve lanes. You want death, take it, and stop burdening everyone on the way.

Pot is legal in Jamaica and other places, yet once again, you don't like it here but you won't move to the spot you claim is better. I'm sick of listening to pussies whine.

The resounding truth of this notion here is that, you don't NEED to live.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:17 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#695  

Static Vision
...and that's the way we all became the brady bunch
 
Static Vision's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
The resounding truth of this notion here is that, you don't NEED to live.

Owned.

__________________
Please inform the captain this is a hijack.
52166fe262e5931bf138c3a5c30412b8
Old 12-03-2008, 08:22 PM Static Vision is offline  
Reply With Quote
#696  

Mr.Coffea
I have a huge hard-on for Battlestar Galactica.
 
Mr.Coffea's Avatar
 
there is absolutely no reason to legalize it

I'm pretty sick of everyone and their mother thinking that weed is the greatest shit in the orld and that they are cool shit for smoking it, while anyone that doesn't agree is lame...

If you want to smoke it, smoke it. No one is busting through your door to arrest you unless you're distributing/selling it.

Just don't start shoving the issue of legalization into everyone's throat, because it will never be legalized like cigarettes or alcohol. Quit dreaming. If you're too retarded to realize that, you deserve to fry your fucking brain. And while you're at it, find another hobby...
__________________
"I Have A Feeling The Ladies Like Mr Coffea"
-Mr Coffea-
Old 12-03-2008, 09:07 PM Mr.Coffea is offline  
Reply With Quote
#697  

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
But theMEGASNIPou seriously.

I dont have enough interest in this for a detailed response here is where your wrong:


Drugs arnt illegal because big pharma thinks it undermines their product. If it was better than their product THEY WOULD SELL IT or at least have been lobbying government to legalize their sale of it. This should be obvious to a genius like yourself.

Getting high doesnt effect just you and you dont do it alone. Impairment effects your interaction with the public. If you are the worlds most responsible stoner or something thats great, your one of a kind. Most stoners roast up before work and subject the company, co-workers and customers to their effected judgment and impaired motor skills.

Illegal drugs or derivatives of them that are used in the medical realm are generally to... get you high while they cut your fucking dick off or whatever. Its never good to put someone under, to sleep or get them high. Its all bad for you and reserved for special circumstances where operations would be effected by your self-awareness. This one was the second worst argument in your post.

The whole bit about CA and the legalized weed there and how people turn to legal routes other than illegal ones....great? Too bad if we legalize weed nothing will illegal. Your argument is moot. Your confused on your own message here.


Finally, the worst arugment you brought up in the post:
The 100k issue wasnt worth addressing because he didnt do anything but infer something based off irrelevant statistics. 100% of the nation has tried an apple at some point in their life, can we therfore assume everyone loves apples? Fuck no, just because 1/2 the nation has tried smoking weed doesnt mean the fucking love it. Plenty of people have tried smoking pot and hated it or never did it again. Quit trying so hard to be right at all costs and your arguments wont be easily shot down.
__________________
t00l
Old 12-03-2008, 09:11 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#698  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
1) Home growers wont have the skills/resources to grow weed at the same level of major corporations?... Lets just nail that coffin shut right now; Micro brewers.
(Weed is even easier to grow than beer is to brew too)

Why don't microbrewers "crush the market" with their high quality brews then?

Further, you've yet to explain any impact to the different industrial structures that could exist post-legalization. While it's certainly true that in the case of weed it would be very easy for individuals to create their own that ease of creation does not carry over to the other drugs being discussed: cocaine, heroin, amphetamines, etc.

So I'll ask again: what is uniquely disadvantageous about individuals growing their own legal buds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
2) Potency isnt being equated with danger its equated with quality and the markets desire for it. If i can out grow in quality or volume at a price point against my big corporate counter parts, tens of thousands of small home/shop/under the table vendors like myself are going to crush the market.

This is answered immediately above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
(Again, your safety and regulation, etc. concept is dead - You would have a better argument here if you said that smoking, buying and owning pot was not illegal but growing and selling without a state/federal license is.)

This quote right here displays your total incomprehension of the issue being discussed. Safety and regulation does not apply to weed. It is the safest drug you can consume and requires no regulation if legalized.

Safety and regulation does apply to drugs where potency and purity are important to the safety of the user: cocaine, heroin, MDMA, the list goes on. These are drugs that are not easily constituted by an amateur grower the same way weed is. These are the drugs that are most likely to be corporate produced and regulated for safety post-legalization. You're confusing two totally different concepts and claiming that it makes you right, in actuality it makes you fucking retarded and shows everyone here that you can barely read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
If you stoners want to stop getting jailed and save us some money, great! Legalize it, petition your fuckin government and build a strong community and begin a grass roots effort. Just like pro-choice parties did, just like gun owners do, just like the rest of the special interest groups do. You arnt fucking special, we dont owe you assholes a mother fucking thing.

That's what we're doing and it's working now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
2) Bold on the key problem you have - you arnt harming just yourself you are effecting others around you, from the smoke

Smoke is not a necessary part of marijuana consumption and it's not dangerous anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
to the dangerous driving

Which is why DUI laws exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
to the passing out in the street on an O.D.

1) Can't OD on pot.
2) You're far more likely to see a drunk passed out in the street than a stoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
If you honestly are trying to pass off smokers as responsible users who only use in their home and dont leave untill they are normalized... im loling.

No one said this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Smokers smoke at home, work, between classes. You going to hire the pothead that blazes a fatty before work, comes in and drives the forklift into a customers face? Ready to pay out that lawsuit? If you arnt willing to assume that risk, im not either.

Which is why employers frequently don't employ drug-users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Second, Just because its un-controllable doesnt mean its not worth attempting to control. AIDS is uncontrollable so lets just let it rain, pull of government spending on AIDS research, ok?

Your AIDS example is nonsensical and has nothing to do with what's being discussed here.

What you don't understand is that prohibition has never succeeded. It has always been proven to exacerbate the social harms it's intended to prevent. You have not one example of success on your side of the argument, the legalization/harm reduction side has an entire history worth of examples proving our argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
3) Thanks for making my argument for me; Stoners have an increased failure rate, so those who make it with pot will defiantly make it without and those who didnt with it, may without. Lets have less dropouts so we can appease the highschool stoners that are able to pass while high.

What does this have to do with anything? You don't seem to understand that just because SOME people aren't capable of making the right choices doesn't mean that ALL people should be prevented from making the same choice on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffea View Post
there is absolutely no reason to legalize it

So that normally law-abiding responsible folks aren't forced to become criminals or engage in illegal exchanges to get some pot? Why isn't this a reason to legalize it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffea View Post
I'm pretty sick of everyone and their mother thinking that weed is the greatest shit in the orld and that they are cool shit for smoking it, while anyone that doesn't agree is lame...

Despite the fact that weed is the greatest shit in the world that has nothing to do with the argument for legalization/harm reduction of drugs. No one here is arguing "hey we need to legalize weed because it's the greatest shit in the world."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffea View Post
If you want to smoke it, smoke it. No one is busting through your door to arrest you unless you're distributing/selling it.

Wrong:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/53
Although people may think that the Drug War targets drug smugglers and 'King Pins,' in 2007, 47.4 percent of the 1,841,182 total arrests for drug abuse violations were for marijuana -- a total of 872,720. Of those, 775,137 people were arrested for marijuana possession alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffea View Post
Just don't start shoving the issue of legalization into everyone's throat, because it will never be legalized like cigarettes or alcohol. Quit dreaming. If you're too retarded to realize that, you deserve to fry your fucking brain. And while you're at it, find another hobby...

You're wrong, it'll happen and soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
I dont have enough interest in this for a detailed response here is where your wrong:

Code for: I suck at this and I'm giving up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Drugs arnt illegal because big pharma thinks it undermines their product. If it was better than their product THEY WOULD SELL IT or at least have been lobbying government to legalize their sale of it. This should be obvious to a genius like yourself.

BIG PHARMA ALREADY DOES SELL IT DUMBASS. SEE I CAN USE CAPS TOO IT ENHANCES MY ARGUMENT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Getting high doesnt effect just you and you dont do it alone. Impairment effects your interaction with the public.

Why shouldn't an individual be allowed to decide what state of mind he or she interacts with the public in rather than having the state tell us that there are certain ways we CANNOT think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
If you are the worlds most responsible stoner or something thats great, your one of a kind. Most stoners roast up before work and subject the company, co-workers and customers to their effected judgment and impaired motor skills.

You obviously know nothing about most stoners so you're baseless assertions about the prevalence of a DARE-induced stereotype certainly aren't convincing me and I'm sure no one else here has been wooed by them either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Illegal drugs or derivatives of them that are used in the medical realm are generally to... get you high while they cut your fucking dick off or whatever. Its never good to put someone under, to sleep or get them high. Its all bad for you and reserved for special circumstances where operations would be effected by your self-awareness. This one was the second worst argument in your post.

wtf are you talking about boy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
The whole bit about CA and the legalized weed there and how people turn to legal routes other than illegal ones....great? Too bad if we legalize weed nothing will illegal. Your argument is moot. Your confused on your own message here.

What you typed here is not even the slightest bit comprehensible. Maybe you want to rethink this part of your post and retype it in a cogent manner?

But if my California example isn't clear to you: it's proof that the social harms you claim marijuana legalization will lead to are non-existent. It's proof that there's only a risk that legalization reduces the social and fiscal costs associated with policing, criminal justice, and prisons. Finally it's proof that legalized marijuana can be (and is currently in some places, CA included) a huge source of revenue for governments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Quit trying so hard to be right at all costs and your arguments wont be easily shot down.

If you think you shot anything down then you're far more confused than I ever thought possible.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:04 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#699  

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
HURRRRRRRR.

1) Individual growers matter to this issue because they defeat 90% of the arguments for the legalization (safety, regulation, increased revenue, money saved on the falsely assumed enormous amount of time pot smokers/dealers spend in jail, etc.) When you say "so what if people grow on their own" you have no reasons to legalize pot other than "Hey i wanna fuckin smoke dog"

Micro-brews have a major impact on the market. They are also highly regulated. They came to existence through the owners passion for unique beer and follow strict government regulations and pay taxes and are licensed. You really think that some crip drug dealer is going to register his illegal farms and start paying taxes and let state inspectors come check out the crops, ditch the guns and become a fucking upstanding citizen? Its like a fucking fantasy land with you.


2) Yes, pot is illegal because its good for you and regardless of volume consumed its effects on your body are that of eating an apple.
Just because you like smokin' doesnt mean that you need to start making shit up to justify it. I like how you continue to try and tell me that the government is regulating pot because they are just a bunch of dicks that want to fuck you over. Fantasy land again.


3) Yes, the legalization of pot is just making great strides forward. I wonder whats going on with that whole gay movement these days? Everyone just always talking about this legalization of pot issues these days! looooooooooooool


4)
Quote:
"Which is why employers frequently don't employ drug-users."
I wonder the fuck why. It has no negative effects on the user and isnt harmful to anyone around them.


5) You: Oh wow your analogy about AIDS makes sense fuck, its uhhhhh humhuhmhuih nonsensical, yeah thats it. hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
If you cant argue the point just dont reply, what a waste of time to say something retarded like that.


6)
Quote:
So that normally law-abiding responsible folks aren't forced to become criminals or engage in illegal exchanges
you gotta start reading your posts before submitting them.


7) I like your assumption that small time dealers are jailed and its a giant waste of time and money. I would love to see some statistics as to why they where
A) Initially stopped by an officer.
B) What additional charges came along with the drug charges
C) How many are let go
D) What their criminal records look like.

You are trying to pass off this idea that dealers are dealing, cops come up and fuckin send em off to jail for selling drugs for all this time. That sounds pretty fuckin contradictory to every drug deal bust I have seen or heard about.
Most dealers/users in possession are pulled over for some kind of previous offense, sited and taken in for that and drugs are usually an addon offense. Its the driving on a suspended license that got them thrown in jail, the pot was just for good measure. I also hate these stats you are pushing... Sure, X amount where arrested but we have no clue how many are released. I have seen people have their shit taken away and released countless times and harder shit than some pot. Useless stats are useless.


8) The state doesnt care how you think, we care about the fact that you are a walking hazard because your altered state of mind causes you to have poor judgment when walking across the street and the fucking signal has been telling you to stop for the last 30 seconds. Try and figure this out: We dont care about YOU or YOUR state of mind. We care about US. We dont want to fucking deal with your stoner passive walking acrost the street, getting in the way of EMT's because your impaired and want to "see whats going on, man" If you could get high and have no effect on thoes around you... this wouldnt even be an argument.
__________________
t00l
Old 12-04-2008, 06:57 AM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#700  

beedoop
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L
2) Contrary to popular belief drugs arnt illegal because a bunch of rich white, racist, oil drillin' republicans got together at the Annual National Fuck Everyone Over conference. Drugs are harmful to the user and those in close proximity to them. No drug has any use other than getting you high, they all damage your body. They all harm your judgment and slow/alter decision making processes. If smoking pot had the same effect as eating an apple on your body it would all be legal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post

2) Yes, pot is illegal because its good for you and regardless of volume consumed its effects on your body are that of eating an apple.
Just because you like smokin' doesnt mean that you need to start making shit up to justify it. I like how you continue to try and tell me that the government is regulating pot because they are just a bunch of dicks that want to fuck you over. Fantasy land again.

Are you suggesting the governments stance on MJ is based on sound medical studies?

Lets take look:

MJ is classified as a Schedual 1 substance which means there is: high abuse, no recognized medical use, and lack of Safety. Also in this grouping are:
Heroin
LSD
MDMA
Methaqualone

Yet, individual states have passed legislation acknowledging the medical benefits and allowing the sale of mj.

Let me point out that out schedules 2-5 all have acceding medical value but MJ is on 1 with ABSOLUTELY NO VALUE.

In 1937 MJ was made illegal because "All Mexicans are crazy and marijuana is what makes them crazy." And the only reason that, that was accepted was because of such propaganda movies as "reefer madness" which proposed mj:
was a violent narcotic.
resulted in acts of shocking violence.
caused incurable insanity.
had soul-destroying effects.
one man under the influence of the drug he killed his entire family with an ax.
and more vicious, more deadly even than these soul-destroying drugs (heroin, cocaine) is the menace of marihuana!

People in the 30's took anything that that was broadcast or put in print as absolute fact.

for extra LOLS: "Dr. James C. Munch, the US Official Expert on Marihuana from 1938 to 1962 testified in court, under oath, that marijuana had turned him into a bat. Dr. Munch also supported the testimony of one murder defendant who claimed insanity because he had been in the same room with a bag of marijuana. The defendant was acquitted by reason of marijuana-induced insanity.(2,3) "

Studies were also done in the 70's (i think) that involved proving mj was bad for you by suffocating a monkey in a box with smoke.

Countless other government funded studies were rejected because they concluded no ill affects of the drug.

Your turn to show me how the government made a well informed decision on mj policy in this past century. (since there were no drug regulations before then or through most of earths history)
Old 12-04-2008, 08:59 AM beedoop is offline  
Reply With Quote
#701  

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Great, nice to see that you conceded 7/8's of my points. You're defiantly learning and coming to understand how silly this all is.

I wasn't alive in the 30, 40, 50, 60, 70's - and I defiantly haven't studied government funded marijuana research studies of that era. I cant argue the studies validity.
I kind of always assumed this: If the medical/professional opinion had changed on Marijuana's use and safety, we would have heard about it and bans lifted. I am yet to hear a majority consensus from the medical research community as to Marijuana lack of ill effects.
To conclude this portion, we also had slaves, thought that tobacco was good for you, cocaine was a nice pain reliever and the list goes on. Lets talk about today, not some studies and conclusions drawn some 50 years ago. I dont care that the presentation of data regarding drug use in the 70's was sensationalized. The facts of the studies remain and have not changed since their initial research.


Finally, heres a little secret for you: We are the government. The government isnt above us, lording over us, trying to suppress us and our freedoms. We are a government for the people by the people. If free drug use was something the nation was interested in, we would legalize it, we wouldnt need to beg the fuhrer. I dont buy the whole "goverment is totally like fuckin with us all day, man" argument.
__________________
t00l
Old 12-04-2008, 02:37 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#702  

beedoop
 
You made an argument that pot is illegal because it is bad for you. I refuted your argument by showing you why pot is actually illegal. Somehow this proves your points? Most of the population is full of fucking retards going "the government says its bad so it must be true!" *ahem*

You want to hear about bans being lifted? Where have you been? What about the 13 states that now allow medical marijuana?

The facts of the studies have changed 100% since the "initial research" if you could even call it that. Unless you contend current studies prove "soul destroying effects" present in today's bud your talking out of your ass. Wouldn't surprise me if you did however.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:05 PM beedoop is offline  
Reply With Quote
#703  

-lotus-
Im not upset, Im just not smiling at you.
 
-lotus-'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post

Finally, heres a little secret for you: We are the government. The government isnt above us, lording over us, trying to suppress us and our freedoms. We are a government for the people by the people. If free drug use was something the nation was interested in, we would legalize it, we wouldnt need to beg the fuhrer. I dont buy the whole "goverment is totally like fuckin with us all day, man" argument.

you poor sad fool.
__________________
King of the Jewish Mexicans~
dcd69fcaa20368a784466fac72d70eae [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.

refault can suck my cawk

[QUOTE=JoePits;23000067]when i see 4:20 on the clock to me its gods way of saying "rock on, Joe"[/QUOTE]
Old 12-04-2008, 03:33 PM -lotus- is offline  
Reply With Quote
#704  

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedoop View Post
You made an argument that pot is illegal because it is bad for you. I refuted your argument by showing you why pot is actually illegal. Somehow this proves your points? Most of the population is full of fucking retards going "the government says its bad so it must be true!" *ahem*

You want to hear about bans being lifted? Where have you been? What about the 13 states that now allow medical marijuana?

The facts of the studies have changed 100% since the "initial research" if you could even call it that. Unless you contend current studies prove "soul destroying effects" present in today's bud your talking out of your ass. Wouldn't surprise me if you did however.

I'm not, nor have I argued the on merits of the personal damage to the user from pot consumption. Its a fact, yet not important to this argument. The argument is the effects of a user on society. Give up and just come to terms with your only reason for your pro-legalization stance... you want to smoke weed freely.Your attempts at legitimate arguments are dwindling with every post.

We are still talking about legalization for the public here dick. Apparently your memory has faded, I wonder why? Medicinal marijuana users are a teeny tiny portion of the public and in a major minority of pro-medicinal use states. We can argue the legitimacy of medicinal marijuana uses if you want, unfortunately for you we havent been talking about that.


Yes, studies have shown Marijuana use is good for you or has no effect on your body.
The government is all in on it and perpetuates the lies, rehab centers are just trying to push the anti-pot agenda to continue profitability, ex-smokers all regret stopping, everyone who claims to see users struggle with addiction are liars, users who are addicted can stop whenever they want, you would hire pot smokers at your business, you want your doctor, pilot and mechanic to be regular pot-smokers.
Thats quite the argument you got there buddy...
__________________
t00l
Old 12-04-2008, 03:49 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#705  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.