General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
I don't think you can blame Keynesians for inflating the 2008 bubble, which kicked off this whole mess.

I'm no economist, but I do know there's far from universal agreement on the merits of Keynesian theory vs trickle down vs other camps (Austrian, etc).

In 2008 the FED electronically majicked 1 trillion dollars into existence. It took an extended Freedom of information lawsuit to uncover. It was supposed to kick off a real mess but we have had circuses in the press take precedence.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
In 2008 the FED electronically majicked 1 trillion dollars into existence. It took an extended Freedom of information lawsuit to uncover. It was supposed to kick off a real mess but we have had circuses in the press take precedence.

The bubble was already popping in 2008, so I'm not sure what the relevance is there. Those trillion dollars didn't help create the crisis at that point.

I really don't understand Bernanke's philosophy well enough to know where it fits into the bigger picture of economic theories, but I'm pretty sure he's not a Keynesian and he's not the one spending the money in any case.

It is pretty amazing that nobody is really talking about the 2008 bubble and subsequent bailout anymore. I see commercials on TV trying to pimp the housing industry as some kind of solution for the recession and it's just a :facepalm: moment, even worse that people buy it. I really don't understand the economic incentive to rapidly boost housing price, seems like it's just re-inflating the old bubble and calling it a solution.

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

I think I have to read this thread a third time, some of this stuff is so far over my head

detail
Impeach and try Bush/Cheney! 911 was an inside job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
actually, Germany won't survive without massive immigration (check the birth rates.)

Won't survive with the Muzzies either. They are expansionist in everything they do.

http://historyofjihad.com/

If they need to import, bring them from somewhere else, like Latin America. It's fine if you want to import workers, just make them change their culture to yours.

detail

Quote:
There essentially wasn't a middle class before the IR, so that's a bit of a misleading question.

I was reading something about the standards of wealth in pre-IR England, and it was a bit shocking. The monarchy was just unbelievably wealthy, like exponentially more than anyone alive today. Lower levels nobles and Church officials lived like modern multi-millionaires. The middle class, such as it was, was defined by having live-in servants (good luck on that today). Then the poor lived in incredible squalor, with basically no resources at all.

edit: I agree that most everyone should prefer modern life to life at any other era in history.
]

Actually there was. It wasn't as large, but it did exist.

That said, you just made my point. Would people rather be middle class or left in the poverty they were in the generation before.

detail

Quote:
I don't think you can blame Keynesians for inflating the 2008 bubble, which kicked off this whole mess.

I'm no economist, but I do know there's far from universal agreement on the merits of Keynesian theory vs trickle down vs other camps (Austrian, etc).

Actually you can blame him. The Fed (which is strongly in the Keynesian camp) made credit easy. This created the bubble per the ABC.

You also had Keynesian manipulation of the markets (read: Fanny and Freddie) to force banks to loan for home buying. This made a bubble in the housing market, which made a bubble in all of the small businesses and investments. Small businesses build by new home, investments (pensions) invested in the financial market.

acidfast7

Quote:
Originally Posted by detail View Post
Won't survive with the Muzzies either. They are expansionist in everything they do.

http://historyofjihad.com/

If they need to import, bring them from somewhere else, like Latin America. It's fine if you want to import workers, just make them change their culture to yours.

give me a break. the Moslem population is still quite small (less than 10%).

don't recycle the modern scare-mongering that the mainstream medium spouts

give me an independent thought

in addition, germany sucks for immigration. i still have to take 600 hours of language course and 30+ hours of history training ... in any other EU country with a PhD and my work experience I'm practically given perm residence.

edit: canada gives russians perm residence based on their employment during PhD in germany (5 years).

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Do I care about these people for some reason? Is this supposed to be relevant to anything? Or...is it just a stupid strawman?

And let me know when the US invades Libya and occupies the country after removing the government. Doesn't seem to have happened yet.

We could apply the same arguments to Iraq as Libya. There's a lot of reasons the two situations aren't equivalent, but really not interested in hashing that out again.
You have to admit he does have a point in this one area..and he didn't compare Libya to Iraq in the post you quoted. The fact is that the protest monkeys would be out in full force if this whole Libya/NATO thing went down while Bush was still in office....even if things happened exactly the same way.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post

give me a break. the Moslem population is still quite small (less than 10%).

don't recycle the modern scare-mongering that the mainstream medium spouts

give me an independent thought

in addition, germany sucks for immigration. i still have to take 600 hours of language course and 30+ hours of history training ... in any other EU country with a PhD and my work experience I'm practically given perm residence.

edit: canada gives russians perm residence based on their employment during PhD in germany (5 years).

True, but historically it isn't until they get around 30% (which with their birth rate isn't going to be more than 20 years or so), and then they start pressing themselves into positions of power.

You can argue with me all you want about it, but this isn't a media claim, because the media sides with you that it's just a few wackos. Rather, I accept the Muslim Brotherhood's own strategic commentary.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

But they typically start causing noticeable problems at less than 10%.

Wwe have about 1% in upstate ny yet have had 5 or 6 honor killings in the last 6 years.

But that has nothing to do with the economy. Yet.

acidfast7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
But they typically start causing noticeable problems at less than 10%.

Wwe have about 1% in upstate ny yet have had 5 or 6 honor killings in the last 6 years.

But that has nothing to do with the economy. Yet.

america

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by detail View Post
You also had Keynesian manipulation of the markets (read: Fanny and Freddie) to force banks to loan for home buying. This made a bubble in the housing market, which made a bubble in all of the small businesses and investments. Small businesses build by new home, investments (pensions) invested in the financial market.

Oh for fuck's sake, the banks were tripping over themselves to find new people to make loans to and THEN tripping over themselves to leverage the hell out of those loans. If they didn't believe those loans were going to pay off (read: if they were being forced to make them), they would have been absolutely braindead to leverage them the way they did. Fannie and Freddie played some role, but they were a bit player compared to the private sector.

Certainly easy money from the Fed was a big forcing factor on the behavior of everybody in the economy, no arguing that.

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
You have to admit he does have a point in this one area..and he didn't compare Libya to Iraq in the post you quoted. The fact is that the protest monkeys would be out in full force if this whole Libya/NATO thing went down while Bush was still in office....even if things happened exactly the same way.

I'm not saying the point itself is invalid, but that it has nothing to do with what we were discussing and is, at best, an irrelevant distraction.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
I'm not saying the point itself is invalid, but that it has nothing to do with what we were discussing and is, at best, an irrelevant distraction.
It is kinda relevant actually, because in spite of his ramblings about what a great leader Qadaffi is, he is right that there would be much more outcry/hard questions from the American public if this had all gone down under the previous administration.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
It is kinda relevant actually, because in spite of his ramblings about what a great leader Qadaffi is, he is right that there would be much more outcry/hard questions from the American public if this had all gone down under the previous administration.

"Kinda" is a stretch. It's only related in that it involves, in some way, Libya and the military campaign there. Had nothing to do with the actual discussion that had been going on.