General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Syk0tiK
Mongoloidal cunt of Lindsay Lohan proportions who can't fathom the rules. <3 Sarah

Ive never had an infection and I dont use an Active anti-virus program. I use avast but i leave the real-time shields disabled.

I also dont believe in Windows updates, On all customers computers I disable automatic updates, they cause more problems than they solve.

On the other hand I am a fucking genius at removing virus/spyware infections, I make my living doing so.

Being virus free is all in safe browsing habits. (and not using IE)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

M-Unit
Master-B and is gay lover Jumbypunk = OWNED.

wow dude

"All messages posted become the property of General Mayhem, LLC."

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syk0tiK View Post
Ive never had an infection and I dont use an Active anti-virus program. I use avast but i leave the real-time shields disabled.

I also dont believe in Windows updates, On all customers computers I disable automatic updates, they cause more problems than they solve.

On the other hand I am a fucking genius at removing virus/spyware infections, I make my living doing so.

You're either trolling or fucking retarded.

Typhoon43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_ofa_beach View Post
This shit was a godsend when I couldn't clean my last virus infection.

combofix is such a wonderful program to have handy on a USB drive. Just need to make sure you check every couple of weeks for a new version.

Syk0tiK
Mongoloidal cunt of Lindsay Lohan proportions who can't fathom the rules. <3 Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiah View Post
You're either trolling or fucking retarded.

Go ahead and take a look at all the issues Automatic windows updates causes.

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo

Quote:

Yes, obviously Windows Update does more harm than good. Updating your software and operating system is highly overrated as long as it works right? I mean, why fix something that isn't broken?

Syk0tiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiah View Post
Yes, obviously Windows Update does more harm than good. Updating your software and operating system is highly overrated as long as it works right? I mean, why fix something that isn't broken?

The only windows updates I do are service packs, they contain all the hotfixes after microsoft has alpha, beta and charlie tested them through Windows Update users.

Have fun alpha testing Microsofts garbage ass hotfixes.

In the mean time me and my customers will be enjoying computers that dont constantly break because of Windows Updates.

And even then I dont use the Windows Update service, I download the full installer directly from the website.

fieroloki

No issues with auto updates here. :/

As for the OP.. safemode, combofix and malewarebytes.

MooK

Quote:

You realize that on a few occassions, even the most prestigious and trusted websites have been infected? Ever heard of ad poisoning?

OH NO IE IS NOT SECURE THEY'RE GOING TO HACK MY INTERNETS. Lol at browsers being anything but content deliverers.

Viremia
Mental Pygmy

Quote:
I agree. And I also don't update my antivirus definitions. Those things are dangerous. And I don't change the oil in my car. What if I got a bad can of oil sometime.

liquidkristal

I have had windows updates ruin pc's / servers but they were the minority, prevention is better than cure I find.

"I have to ask you a question."
"What is it?"
"Its an inquisitive statement used to test knowledge, but thats not important right now.

Fiah

Quote:
The only windows updates I do are service packs, they contain all the hotfixes after microsoft has alpha, beta and charlie tested them through Windows Update users.

Have fun alpha testing Microsofts garbage ass hotfixes.

In the mean time me and my customers will be enjoying computers that dont constantly break because of Windows Updates.

And even then I dont use the Windows Update service, I download the full installer directly from the website.

I can't remember ever having a single problem with a Windows update, nor have I ever had a family member or friend report problems after a Windows update.

But hey, have fun living in your little bubble! Just don't come crying when you get your shit stirred by some exploit that you could have prevented

Arrowhead777

Why was Java enabled in the first place? So few legit sites use it. Is it because most people confuse Java with Javascript (something that almost every single site uses) so they leave it on?

The only time I got a virus was because I forgot to disable it after a fresh install. Also, after running ComboxFix, it re-enabled Java for some reason. I prompted disabled it again after that. It's still a great program though!

"Whether you're a Mac or a PC user, chances are good that Sun's Java (not to be confused with JavaScript) is installed on your computer, However, chances are also good that you very seldom actually need Java. That's a good thing because Java has outpaced even Adobe Reader to become the most targeted third-party application for malicious exploit via the Web."

"One easy thing you can do to avoid this method of attack is to simply disable Java. It's almost never needed for regular Web browsing. And when you do need it for that website game or calculator, just re-enable it (but be sure to turn it back off when you're done)."

http://antivirus.about.com/b/2010/10...sable-java.htm

Last edited by Arrowhead777; 06-05-2011 at 03:00 PM..

Stereodude

FireFox + NoScript + Adblock Plus helps keep browing pretty safe.

TheJackal

Heh, I never had a problem with automated Windows Update on any computers. Linux on the other hand, some updates can fuck you in the ass.