General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

topcat989

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddOne View Post
.....All your rehashing of the old in light of the new shows your patent defense of the ideology of anthropogenic effect as the evidence that it's junk science begins to accumulate...........Science isn't supposed to be about worshiping a hypothesis.

yep.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Gibonius

Quote:
Amusingly enough, the "clear, evidence-based counter-arguments" you and others posted earlier are what are being proven false, right now, out in the real world by real scientists that want to actually understand how this planet works and not just get grant money, and it's all going down using the same datasets that the now-discredited scientists at the heart of climategate were manipulating. Those goofballs got caught in not just a conspiracy to control results but active efforts to discredit dissenters, and now a whole field has to start over and reinvestigate everything. As a result of this taking another look at the raw source data, anthropogenic effect is looking less and less like a causative factor and more like a correlating one.

All your rehashing of the old in light of the new shows your patent defense of the ideology of anthropogenic effect as the evidence that it's junk science begins to accumulate. I, OTOH, have insisted from the get-go that my only beef with the idea of climate change is the notion that human activity is a major causative factor, and on reinvestigation it's looking increasingly like it's not. So, who's really refusing to engage in any kind of meaningful, productive discussion?

Science isn't supposed to be about worshiping a hypothesis.

Where exactly are all the scientists driving a stake through the heart of AGW? From my perspective inside the scientific community, acceptance is as high as ever, with a slight undercurrent of "oh lord the public is stupid for taking that Climategate stuff too far."

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Amusingly enough, the "clear, evidence-based counter-arguments" you and others posted earlier are what are being proven false, right now, out in the real world by real scientists that want to actually understand how this planet works and not just get grant money, and it's all going down using the same datasets that the now-discredited scientists at the heart of climategate were manipulating.

1. Please cite the studies that are "proving" it false.

2. Please cite the studies/panels/boards that discredited the scientists in question.

3. Please demonstrate that removing the work of these 'discredited' scientists invalidates literally thousands of independent peer-reviewed papers that show similar trends.

Quote:
Those goofballs got caught in not just a conspiracy to control results but active efforts to discredit dissenters, and now a whole field has to start over and reinvestigate everything. As a result of this taking another look at the raw source data, anthropogenic effect is looking less and less like a causative factor and more like a correlating one.
Great Science Conspiracy, check.

Quote:
All your rehashing of the old in light of the new shows your patent defense of the ideology of anthropogenic effect as the evidence that it's junk science begins to accumulate.
What you're failing to understand here (or you're trolling/etc.), OTOH, is that we're 'rehasing' things because they were never wrong to begin with and because new papers by independent scientists only confirm whatever was said before.

Read the thread and if you have a problem with any point or paper that was brought up in defense of climate science, go ahead and talk about it here. Your inability to deal in specifics and instead talk generally about how all climate science is fraud shows a complete unwillingness to engage in meaningful discussion.

Quote:
I, OTOH, have insisted from the get-go that my only beef with the idea of climate change is the notion that human activity is a major causative factor, and on reinvestigation it's looking increasingly like it's not. So, who's really refusing to engage in any kind of meaningful, productive discussion?
What reinvestigation? Is there a paper in Nature or Science that I missed this week? Did earth scientists discover a previously unknown source and sink for CO2? Are the astronomers wrong about how the earth orbits the sun? Was Milankovich wrong?!? Did 1000+ scientists all retract every paper they ever wrote in honor of July 4th?

Please, OTOH, enlighten us about this 'new' development. I'll be sure to inform the National Academy of Science about it right away.

Quote:
Science isn't supposed to be about worshiping a hypothesis.
Who said it was?

Be honest, OTOH, do you actually read any scientific journals? Or does climateaudit.com provide you with all the 'information' you need?

OH RLY?

TheMorlock: "Any atmosphere will trap heat. the CO2 in Venus's atmosphere is a RESULT of the high temps"

Ahahahahaha

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Where exactly are all the scientists driving a stake through the heart of AGW? From my perspective inside the scientific community, acceptance is as high as ever, with a slight undercurrent of "oh lord the public is stupid for taking that Climategate stuff too far."

"American troops have not entered Baghdad"

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
"American troops have not entered Baghdad"

LOL Venus.

OH RLY?

TheMorlock: "Any atmosphere will trap heat. the CO2 in Venus's atmosphere is a RESULT of the high temps"

Ahahahahaha

wall candy eating retard

Oh and: Dutch review backs IPCC

Not to mention the Sunday Times retraction of Jonathan Leake's article, the Penn State Inquiry, the British Inquiry, and the Stanford study

But I'm sure that just shows how deep the Great Science Conspiracy runs.

OH RLY?

Ahahahahaha

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
Oh and: Dutch review backs IPCC

Not to mention the Sunday Times retraction of Jonathan Leake's article, the Penn State Inquiry, the British Inquiry, and the Stanford study

But I'm sure that just shows how deep the Great Science Conspiracy runs.
Don't worry, you'll gain some more true believers in the Northeast during this hot spell they're having.

edit- Oh wait...I forgot we're not supposed to equate actual temperatures we feel to the "climate"...or is that only when it's cooler than normal like it is in Texas this week?

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Don't worry, you'll gain some more true believers in the Northeast during this hot spell they're having.

edit- Oh wait...I forgot we're not supposed to equate actual temperatures we feel to the "climate"...or is that only when it's cooler than normal like it is in Texas this week?

No doubt you're going to post the relevant journal articles that say things like "equate local temperatures to global climate". Oh wait...

Anyway, what does that have to do with various independent panels clearing climate scientists?

OH RLY?

Ahahahahaha

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
No doubt you're going to post the relevant journal articles that say things like "equate local temperatures to global climate". Oh wait...

Anyway, what does that have to do with various independent panels clearing climate scientists?
Nah, that sort of shit has been debated endlessly for eleventy billion pages for nearly 3 years now with no end in sight. All I'm saying is don't worry about your fellow disciples being discredited, cleared or whatever....there are powerful world governments that got ya'll niggas back on this.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

TheMorlock

Quote:
Nah, that sort of shit has been debated endlessly for eleventy billion pages for nearly 3 years now with no end in sight. All I'm saying is don't worry about your fellow disciples being discredited, cleared or whatever....there are powerful world governments that got ya'll niggas back on this.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07...tegate_report/

This is not the concerted white wash of scientific fraud you were looking for./jedi mind trick

Lord of the Tree Rings

One tree to rule them all one tree to bind them, one tree to fool them all with science fraud and blind them.

joemama

Quote:

This is not the concerted white wash of scientific fraud you were looking for./jedi mind trick

Lord of the Tree Rings

One tree to rule them all one tree to bind them, one tree to fool them all with science fraud and blind them.
"Campaign to win hearts and minds".....what the fuck do they think they've been doing for the past 15 years?

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Gibonius

Quote:

Lord of the Tree Rings

lol conspiracy theorist

TheMorlock

you forgot

gravity theorist

tectonic plate theorist

TheMorlock

Quote:
"Campaign to win hearts and minds".....what the fuck do they think they've been doing for the past 15 years?

They seem to be trying to use propaganda in place of science.

why don't they at least try to do some science? And leave the propaganda to the social engineers.

I do like how gibsy is now just as dismissive of facts as fuckyouforprovingImaloser. Maybe he should have taken that poly sci degree program. A nice Soft science where facts are less important than what you believe is true in your heart and how to convince others.

Last edited by TheMorlock; 07-07-2010 at 04:20 PM..

joemama

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...s-muir-russell

I'm not quite sure what to make of this:

The affair "has pointed out the seamy side of peer review and consensus building in the IPCC assessment reports," she said. "A host of issues need to be addressed."

The veteran Oxford science philosopher Jerome Ravetz says the role of the blogosphere in revealing the important issues buried in the emails means it will assume an increasing role in scientific discourse. "The radical implications of the blogosphere need to be better understood." Curry too applauds the rise of the "citizen scientist" triggered by climategate, and urges scientists to embrace them.

But greater openness and engagement with their critics will not ensure that climate scientists have an easier time in future, warns Hulme. Back in the lab, a new generation of more sophisticated computer models is failing to reduce the uncertainties in predicting future climate, he says – rather, the reverse. "This is not what the public and politicians expect, so handling and explaining this will be difficult."

So the more "sophisticated" computer models are actually making future climate predictions even more uncertain? What's going to be difficult to explain..the computer model doesn't totally back up what they've been feeding the public and politicians for years?

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v