General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Join this MMORPG or you suck

Massive influx of players needed. It's much more coop than most(any?)others. You PvP fags can stay home. Native wildlife will eat your face though



http://www.ryzom.com/en/

21 day free trial. Crafters Welcome
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 10-31-2010, 02:02 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

SKYY
 
WTF, 3-week free, then you pay? No thanks.
__________________
2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 General Mayhem, LLC
Old 10-31-2010, 02:58 AM SKYY is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYY View Post
WTF, 3-week free, then you pay? No thanks.

3 weeks free not enough? you suck
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 10-31-2010, 03:22 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

MooK
 
MooK's Avatar
 
There's probably a reason it needs a massive influx of players. Paying for another (shitty) fantasy MMO does not sound fun at all.
__________________
MooK - <3 Website Architecture.
Synth3t1c owes me $20 via PayPal.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:09 AM MooK is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

phrozenfire
 
Quote:
You PvP fags can stay home.
will do
Old 10-31-2010, 08:20 AM phrozenfire is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

VapoRub
 
VapoRub's Avatar
 
I remember when these guys gave away all their source code and artwork for this game.
__________________
Rub a thick layer on chest and throat or rub on sore aching muscles. If desired, cover with a soft, dry cloth but keep clothing loose so vapors can reach nose and mouth.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:23 AM VapoRub is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.
 
I remember playing this game many moons ago. Basically I got a hugely powerful weapon at level 1 and proceeded to dominate everything in my path. Then I got bored and quit.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:56 AM Liquid_Table is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Why would anyone play an mmo where you craft stuff and gather herbs and grind and cannot PVP


that's like playing a half life mod where you bake cookies or something, i don't even know a proper analogy!
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 10-31-2010, 02:59 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

Biospider
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Why would anyone play an mmo where you craft stuff and gather herbs and grind and cannot PVP


that's like playing a half life mod where you bake cookies or something, i don't even know a proper analogy!

This is like playing Cooking Mama and having to shoot aliens.

Or something.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:02 PM Biospider is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 


wow I had to that
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 10-31-2010, 03:31 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

Roam
 
Roam's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Why would anyone play an mmo where you craft stuff and gather herbs and grind and cannot PVP

There was pvp when I used to play it.

Guilds/clans can fight over these resource gathering nodes in pvp. They own them and they produce crystals, which are used to boost exp gain when leveling.

Not sure why people are saying there is no pvp.

The game is also completely classless. And in a way you dont have pre-defined skills... you "design" your skills with a balance type system. For example, you might have a basic magic nuke, you can change it to have no cast time which will increase this negative stat that makes the skill not allowed, but then you can remove that negative stat by say adding things that reduce range and increase mana cost, and once you have the negative number down its allowed. As you progress you get different types of these checks and balances things to modify skills with.

So basically you make your own skills... even name them. And its classless, so if you go smack things with a 2handed axe, you will level that skill and unlock more options for editing your skills.

I stopped playing before Ryzom Ring came out, but from what I read, it was basically the ability to edit the game itself... like make your own dungeons and crap then share with others.

Crafting is the only way to get items. Its very much like monster hunter... go kill big shit for teeth, bones, etc... then make it into stuff. Its also extremely open ended in crafting, you dont need a specific bone to make say, a sword handle, you just need any item that has "handle" or something like that in its description. So the same recipe for a starter sword will be used later on with much much better components.
__________________
Ignore these four words.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:54 AM Roam is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

Savenor
Look at my tits.
 
Savenor's Avatar
 
that classless thing is actually really intriguing. it sounds much more realistic, if done right.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:39 AM Savenor is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

Roam
 
Roam's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savenor View Post
that classless thing is actually really intriguing. it sounds much more realistic, if done right.

Its a great game, just not so populated anymore that I know of. The only major limit to it being classless is being a caster or melee, because your casting will suck if you dont have magic amps on, and your melee will suck without a weapon... and you cant have both at once. Other than that though you can do whatever you want. And that only means you are limited to what you currently have a equipped, so you can level up your magic skill trees and then swap to a melee setup and level up those trees. No person would ever need a second character in the game, you can level every skill tree with one character. Just not at the same time fully.

There is a real dedicated community there that still plays. Its a very very unique MMO in many ways. Even the setting isnt "just another fantasy"... its more sci-fi mixed with sorta magic elements. The monsters in the game are really interesting too, they aren't static... they migrate, move around with seasons, spawn different sizes, hunt each other, etc.
__________________
Ignore these four words.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:05 PM Roam is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

Bill
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roam View Post
There was pvp when I used to play it.

Guilds/clans can fight over these resource gathering nodes in pvp. They own them and they produce crystals, which are used to boost exp gain when leveling.

Not sure why people are saying there is no pvp.

The game is also completely classless. And in a way you dont have pre-defined skills... you "design" your skills with a balance type system. For example, you might have a basic magic nuke, you can change it to have no cast time which will increase this negative stat that makes the skill not allowed, but then you can remove that negative stat by say adding things that reduce range and increase mana cost, and once you have the negative number down its allowed. As you progress you get different types of these checks and balances things to modify skills with.

So basically you make your own skills... even name them. And its classless, so if you go smack things with a 2handed axe, you will level that skill and unlock more options for editing your skills.

I stopped playing before Ryzom Ring came out, but from what I read, it was basically the ability to edit the game itself... like make your own dungeons and crap then share with others.

Crafting is the only way to get items. Its very much like monster hunter... go kill big shit for teeth, bones, etc... then make it into stuff. Its also extremely open ended in crafting, you dont need a specific bone to make say, a sword handle, you just need any item that has "handle" or something like that in its description. So the same recipe for a starter sword will be used later on with much much better components.

Sounds exactly like pre-CU SWG.
__________________
Bill
Old 11-06-2010, 10:15 PM Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Table View Post
I remember playing this game many moons ago. Basically I got a hugely powerful weapon at level 1 and proceeded to dominate everything in my path. Then I got bored and quit.

All items have level limits X strength X intelligence X dexterity. If you dominated everything in your path at level 1 with some uber sword then you must have not gone more than 100 meters outside of the starter city. Unless it was over 3 years ago before I started playing.

A character with a level 50 Two Hand Sword skill cant solo the top creature on Newb Island with the most powerful THS available on that Island.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 11-06-2010, 10:26 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:48 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.