General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
MisterKinish
ChopGawd
 
MisterKinish's Avatar
 
Whitening Obama

I've noticed something strange just in the past week. In recent photos of Barack Obama his skin color appears to be lighter. There were reports that Obama would be picking up a lot of black votes in the Southern Primaries. Could this be a ploy by the mainstream media to have Obama appear non-black? To plant the thought in the minds of African-American voters that Obama is not truly black (or maybe not black enough)? I seriously think they lightened his skin color in the photo below:



The change is apparent in recent video clips too. The media is Whitening Obama so he loses the Black vote.

Last edited by MisterKinish; 01-21-2008 at 07:51 PM..
Old 01-21-2008, 06:13 AM MisterKinish is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

PopeKevinI
 


Are you serious?

Do you think they applied some kind of "make this guy whiter but not the other black people" filter to live television? Because that's what it would take.

From his own Senate website:

http://obama.senate.gov/photo/001172.html

And look at his myspace account:

http://www.myspace.com/barackobama

Or his campaign photos:

http://www.barackobama.com/photosv2/

Please tell me this is a joke. Please.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:20 AM PopeKevinI is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

UID=growler
 
UID=growler's Avatar
 
provide some examples, he looks the same as always in that pic
Old 01-21-2008, 06:22 AM UID=growler is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

PopeKevinI
 
After clicking through some of Obama's own photo galleries, I'm going to venture a guess that his skin simply looks different under different lighting; he has a different tone in sunlight than he does indoors. And don't forget he's probably got a makeup artist trying to take some of the shine out of his forehead and that sort of thing so he'll look better on television, and that can subtly change his skin tone and the way it reflects various light sources.

Oooooooor there's a massive media conspiracy to make him look "less black". Yeah, that's it.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:26 AM PopeKevinI is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

Free_Willy
 
Free_Willy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI View Post


Are you serious?

Do you think they applied some kind of "make this guy whiter but not the other black people" filter to live television? Because that's what it would take.

From his own Senate website:

http://obama.senate.gov/photo/001172.html

And look at his myspace account:

http://www.myspace.com/barackobama

Or his campaign photos:

http://www.barackobama.com/photosv2/

Please tell me this is a joke. Please.

Fox completely ignored reporting the #2 in Nevada primary Ron Paul Pope we just witnessed them do it, what makes you think they wouldnt stoop to any low measure, not just the ones that we notice? Im just saying why do you rule out and eliminate possibilities when nothing is true, and all things are possible? You are your own worst enemy.
__________________
"It's a jungle here--right now we're advising our clients to put all they can into canned goods and shotguns!"

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:30 AM Free_Willy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

UID=growler
 
UID=growler's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
Fox completely ignored reporting the #2 in Nevada primary Ron Paul Pope we just witnessed them do it, what makes you think they wouldnt stoop to any low measure, not just the ones that we notice? Im just saying why do you rule out and eliminate possibilities when nothing is true, and all things are possible? You are your own worst enemy.

You realize you do exactly what you are accusing Pope of doing. You won't accept any explanation that does not point to conspiracy or hidden motives. Why do you rule out and eliminate possibilities?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:35 AM UID=growler is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

Free_Willy
 
Free_Willy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UID=30151 View Post
You realize you do exactly what you are accusing Pope of doing. You won't accept any explanation that does not point to conspiracy or hidden motives. Why do you rule out and eliminate possibilities?

Thats absolutely not true, I dont know if they lightened obama, but I do know Rupert Murdoch is close friends with the clintons. All im saying is I dont put anything past corporate media at this point , or is it the hole youve got your head buried in so deep you havent seen a Hannity or Orielly in full form yet?
__________________
"It's a jungle here--right now we're advising our clients to put all they can into canned goods and shotguns!"

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:39 AM Free_Willy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Jesus christ you people. Theres really no low you won't go for your geriatric manlover is there?
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 01-21-2008, 08:01 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

MisterKinish
ChopGawd
 
MisterKinish's Avatar
 
That's great wording, Pope. The footage I saw was not live. I'm suggesting they photoshopped the photos and did something else to the video. It was re-aired footage after the Nevada Caucus. I've been following the election pretty closely so for me to be sitting on my couch and saying "What the Hell?" because Obama's skin color was noticeably lighter means that something is up. All the pics you posted show him exactly the way we're all used to seeing him. I'm saying if you look at more current pictures and current footage he is visibly lighter. So if you can't see the difference between what I posted and what you posted, I can't help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI View Post


Are you serious?

Do you think they applied some kind of "make this guy whiter but not the other black people" filter to live television? Because that's what it would take.

From his own Senate website:

http://obama.senate.gov/photo/001172.html

And look at his myspace account:

http://www.myspace.com/barackobama

Or his campaign photos:

http://www.barackobama.com/photosv2/

Please tell me this is a joke. Please.

Last edited by MisterKinish; 01-21-2008 at 08:09 AM..
Old 01-21-2008, 08:07 AM MisterKinish is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH
 
Escaped Gorilla Genitals's Avatar
 
lol
Bright lighting makes Obama look whiter, holy shit
Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 AM Escaped Gorilla Genitals is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

brouski
 
I'm sorry. I've been keeping up with election news as well and I haven't noticed any such thing. I think you're seeing things.
__________________
Proud member of the American Non Sequitur Society:
we don't make much sense, but boy do we love pizza!

WHO CAN WITHSTAND HIS COCK FUCKING??

Founding member of the Weird Al Fan Club
Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 AM brouski is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

Gibonius
 
It's obviously just different lighting and/or makeup.

Anyone remember the pictures of Nixon during his debate with Kennedy? He looked like a corpse.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:51 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

red|dragon
 
Oh yeah, he's definitely becoming lighter. Back in 1998 he looked pretty dark:

Old 01-21-2008, 09:05 AM red|dragon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

Static Vision
...and that's the way we all became the brady bunch
 
Static Vision's Avatar
 
He is a hybrid blackwhiteman
__________________
Please inform the captain this is a hijack.
52166fe262e5931bf138c3a5c30412b8
Old 01-21-2008, 01:20 PM Static Vision is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

PopeKevinI
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
Fox completely ignored reporting the #2 in Nevada primary Ron Paul Pope we just witnessed them do it, what makes you think they wouldnt stoop to any low measure, not just the ones that we notice? Im just saying why do you rule out and eliminate possibilities when nothing is true, and all things are possible? You are your own worst enemy.

I just offered up a number of sites run by Obama and his staff that contain pictures of him, some of which show him looking "whiter" than others. I effectively refuted the entire claim, and you act as if I'm just saying "nuh uh".

There's being open-minded, and then there's ignoring the facts so that you can believe anything you want. Me, I prefer to stick to the facts. And the facts here demonstrate that either there is no vast conspiracy to whiten Obama in the media, or Obama himself is in on it.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:19 PM PopeKevinI is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:41 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.