General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

MisterKinish
ChopGawd

Whitening Obama

I've noticed something strange just in the past week. In recent photos of Barack Obama his skin color appears to be lighter. There were reports that Obama would be picking up a lot of black votes in the Southern Primaries. Could this be a ploy by the mainstream media to have Obama appear non-black? To plant the thought in the minds of African-American voters that Obama is not truly black (or maybe not black enough)? I seriously think they lightened his skin color in the photo below:

The change is apparent in recent video clips too. The media is Whitening Obama so he loses the Black vote.

Last edited by MisterKinish; 01-21-2008 at 07:51 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

PopeKevinI

Are you serious?

Do you think they applied some kind of "make this guy whiter but not the other black people" filter to live television? Because that's what it would take.

From his own Senate website:

http://obama.senate.gov/photo/001172.html

And look at his myspace account:

http://www.myspace.com/barackobama

Or his campaign photos:

http://www.barackobama.com/photosv2/

Please tell me this is a joke. Please.

UID=growler

provide some examples, he looks the same as always in that pic

PopeKevinI

After clicking through some of Obama's own photo galleries, I'm going to venture a guess that his skin simply looks different under different lighting; he has a different tone in sunlight than he does indoors. And don't forget he's probably got a makeup artist trying to take some of the shine out of his forehead and that sort of thing so he'll look better on television, and that can subtly change his skin tone and the way it reflects various light sources.

Oooooooor there's a massive media conspiracy to make him look "less black". Yeah, that's it.

Free_Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI View Post

Are you serious?

Do you think they applied some kind of "make this guy whiter but not the other black people" filter to live television? Because that's what it would take.

Or his campaign photos:

Fox completely ignored reporting the #2 in Nevada primary Ron Paul Pope we just witnessed them do it, what makes you think they wouldnt stoop to any low measure, not just the ones that we notice? Im just saying why do you rule out and eliminate possibilities when nothing is true, and all things are possible? You are your own worst enemy.

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

UID=growler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
Fox completely ignored reporting the #2 in Nevada primary Ron Paul Pope we just witnessed them do it, what makes you think they wouldnt stoop to any low measure, not just the ones that we notice? Im just saying why do you rule out and eliminate possibilities when nothing is true, and all things are possible? You are your own worst enemy.

You realize you do exactly what you are accusing Pope of doing. You won't accept any explanation that does not point to conspiracy or hidden motives. Why do you rule out and eliminate possibilities?

Free_Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UID=30151 View Post
You realize you do exactly what you are accusing Pope of doing. You won't accept any explanation that does not point to conspiracy or hidden motives. Why do you rule out and eliminate possibilities?

Thats absolutely not true, I dont know if they lightened obama, but I do know Rupert Murdoch is close friends with the clintons. All im saying is I dont put anything past corporate media at this point , or is it the hole youve got your head buried in so deep you havent seen a Hannity or Orielly in full form yet?

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Jesus christ you people. Theres really no low you won't go for your geriatric manlover is there?

MisterKinish
ChopGawd

That's great wording, Pope. The footage I saw was not live. I'm suggesting they photoshopped the photos and did something else to the video. It was re-aired footage after the Nevada Caucus. I've been following the election pretty closely so for me to be sitting on my couch and saying "What the Hell?" because Obama's skin color was noticeably lighter means that something is up. All the pics you posted show him exactly the way we're all used to seeing him. I'm saying if you look at more current pictures and current footage he is visibly lighter. So if you can't see the difference between what I posted and what you posted, I can't help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI View Post

Are you serious?

Or his campaign photos:

Last edited by MisterKinish; 01-21-2008 at 08:09 AM..

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

lol
Bright lighting makes Obama look whiter, holy shit

brouski

I'm sorry. I've been keeping up with election news as well and I haven't noticed any such thing. I think you're seeing things.

WHO CAN WITHSTAND HIS COCK FUCKING??

Founding member of the Weird Al Fan Club

Gibonius

It's obviously just different lighting and/or makeup.

Anyone remember the pictures of Nixon during his debate with Kennedy? He looked like a corpse.

red|dragon

Oh yeah, he's definitely becoming lighter. Back in 1998 he looked pretty dark:

Static Vision
...and that's the way we all became the brady bunch

He is a hybrid blackwhiteman

PopeKevinI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post

I just offered up a number of sites run by Obama and his staff that contain pictures of him, some of which show him looking "whiter" than others. I effectively refuted the entire claim, and you act as if I'm just saying "nuh uh".

There's being open-minded, and then there's ignoring the facts so that you can believe anything you want. Me, I prefer to stick to the facts. And the facts here demonstrate that either there is no vast conspiracy to whiten Obama in the media, or Obama himself is in on it.