General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

x3r0n
Seppukakke?

dragon age character builds...

I'm going through a second playthrough of dragon age+xpack and I'm trying to find different builds to mess around with, but no site i've found has gone into much detail about the build other than what class/specialization to take. I want to do the apparent cookie-cutter build ofmage-arcane warrior-blood mage-battle mage but can't find a template that lays out how you should distribute your statistic points. The ONLY reason I care about this so much is because I know a blood mage uses hp instead of mana so blood mage builds often call for high con, but that gimps your character until you can take your first specialization. Any sites out there that list and allow submissions of character builds?

ty in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

brass_monkey

Malne

Gimping your character to become awesome later is part of the challenge for me when I play through after the first time. I still remember playing KOTOR and trying to leave my guy as low level as possible, saving my xp for after you became a Jedi. Instead of being lvl 10 whatever/lvl 10 Jedi, it was more like lvl 4/lvl 16.

MooK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malne View Post
Gimping your character to become awesome later is part of the challenge for me when I play through after the first time. I still remember playing KOTOR and trying to leave my guy as low level as possible, saving my xp for after you became a Jedi. Instead of being lvl 10 whatever/lvl 10 Jedi, it was more like lvl 4/lvl 16.

I did this in KOTOR. It was excessively challenging, and then it was excessively brutal (for the other guy!)

growler
Since I continuously bitch when The Queen posts, she is my new av.

I thought they patched it so blood mage wasn't as overpowered as it used to be

theNoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
I thought they patched it so blood mage wasn't as overpowered as it used to be

They did, my first roll on PC was a BM. I'm playing through a 3rd time on the console to get a different feel for the same game and am doing a melee class this time. Console version is much easier and stripped down, no need to pause combat very much (yet).

Caelum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malne View Post

It was lvl 2 dude and 18 jedi made that first planet very very difficult but the star forge much easier. That and the two special crystals from that space station

What I would do, is create a cookie mage then respec it further in. The respec bird I'm pretty sure is an official addon now so its less...detracting from the original intent. Cause why does Morrigan need tree form? Thats dumb. Spirit healer that bitch!