General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

ass
Asmodeus

great, not the bonobo chimpanzee argument again... bonobo chimps use sex as a tool for dominance and submission... lesser primates are unaware of their sexuality per se...

Quote:
Originally posted by electric!sheep
[B]

So?

Except in cases of clear physical incapacitation, only time can judge what is a disability. Bonobo chimps, for instance, are surviving quite well and they almost constantly engage in a number of "deviant" sexual practices.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

electric!sheep

Quote:
Originally posted by Asmodeus
great, not the bonobo chimpanzee argument again... bonobo chimps use sex as a tool for dominance and submission... lesser primates are unaware of their sexuality per se...
I'm not sure about the dominance and submission part, since bonobos are hardly as aggressive as other chimps, but their sexual behavior promotes social cohesion and releases tension that might otherwise explode into damaging behavior. These are hardly things that lead to reproduction.

A compelling argument can be made for altruistic factors in homosexuality, in that having an individual not weighed down by a child will be able to produce overall better welfare in the community.

Hornswoggler

as long as it's not bent over, I don't care what your position is

electric!sheep

Quote:
Originally posted by Morlock
Why are you under the impression that homosexuals don't get all the standard std's?
Where do you get this from? I was merely suggesting that heterosexuals may have higher incidence of certain STDs, like homosexuals do of HIV. I haven't been able to find any statistics that do a breakdown by sexuality, so let's drop the point. It's not essential to my argument.

steal
you pick up dog turds? suckers!

Quote:
Originally posted by Asmodeus first of all i'm not your son... second of all, i could care less if you are either a heterosexual, homosexual, or bi-sexual, the evidence is fairly clear on this matter and the more you try to deny it, the worse you look... since you are defending or at least devilishly advocating behavior that is contrary to what the rest of the world deems normal, then i'm confused why you fight against facts that are in evidence...

so once again, you say we should conform..

0 degrees farehnheit
273BeLow

I see nothing wrong in homosexuality wherever you find happiness and what makes people happy then I'm glad for them.

In responce to all the "as long as they don't go for my bunghole" posts, I happen to feel that if anyone said they were interested in me whether they be a girl or in that case guy, I would take it as a compliment and not run screaming, a simple and polite well sorry I'm flattered but not like that or such would be the most I'd respond with.

Jon

Morlock

Quote:
Originally posted by 273BeLow
I see nothing wrong in homosexuality wherever you find happiness and what makes people happy then I'm glad for them.

In responce to all the "as long as they don't go for my bunghole" posts, I happen to feel that if anyone said they were interested in me whether they be a girl or in that case guy, I would take it as a compliment and not run screaming, a simple and polite well sorry I'm flattered but not like that or such would be the most I'd respond with.

Jon
Mine has always been Why cant the damn women hit on me all the time like that.
Old 07-19-2002, 02:56 PM  

ass
Asmodeus

no, i've never said that anyone should conform to anything... what i am saying is that if you engage in a lifestyle that isn't normal then it would be naive to assume that somehow you will be insulated from the rest of the world, if not your localized area, will think that what you are doing is wrong, deviant, and abherent because that isn't what they do and they are the norm by which standards are gauged and measured...

is that really to fucking hard of a concept for your tiny little mind to wrap itself around...? here's a quarter, by a fucking clue... and a wet nap...

Quote:
Originally posted by steal

so once again, you say we should conform..

electric!sheep

Quote:
that isn't normal
What is the general method by which you judge what is "normal"?

ass
Asmodeus

the 97% - 99% of the rest of the world that is made up of exclusively heterosexuals... if that isn't a condition of normalcy and a definition for what sexual normalcy is, then you are a lost cause and simply cannot fathom the simplest of logic...

Quote:

What is the general method by which you judge what is "normal"?

travisw111
I get so much fibre I poop all day

Oh come on, normal? There is no normal

electric!sheep

Quote:
the 97% - 99% of the rest of the world that is made up of exclusively heterosexuals...
97-99% of the world is made up of exclusively average or stupid people. Are smart people abnormal, and hence bad? No, great intelligence is just a rare but often beneficial trait.

ass
Asmodeus

you can sidestep and skirt the issue all you want, but even heterosexuals can be morons, but even if 97% - 99% of the worlds population is stupid, by your own words, then they seem to be smart enough to know that heterosexuality is the right and normal course of events...

Quote:

97-99% of the world is made up of exclusively average or stupid people. Are smart people abnormal, and hence bad? No, great intelligence is just a rare but often beneficial trait.

electric!sheep

Quote:
you can sidestep and skirt the issue all you want, but even heterosexuals can be morons, but even if 97% - 99% of the worlds population is stupid, by your own words, then they seem to be smart enough to know that heterosexuality is the right and normal course of events...
No, you missed the point completely. Are all rare traits abnormal by your standards?

neurotoxin

My two bits - not that it matters:

I don't believe that homosexuality is a genetic defect, it's simply a lifestyle choice (i.e.: alternative lifestyle). Lifestyles aren't genetic - you can choose to be a yuppie or a redneck, you can't choose to be White, Mexican or Black.
My personal belief is that homosexuality is wrong, not just because people find it offensive, but because the person(s) involved are harming themselves. Human beings were created with seperate genders for biological reasons - it doesn't make much sense to say that biology is somehow incorrect in the case of one or two people. Promiscuity (hetero or homo) contributes to social diseases and family breakdown. Can anyone in this thread honestly say that families - or the world in general - are better off with this new philosophy of 'anything goes' in terms of morality? Homosexuality harms the people involved because it violates the original purpose for which their bodies were created. Homosexuality (I'm using it as an example, immorality in all forms fits this bill) harms others because it encourages other to do the same regardless of the consequences.
As to the 'scientific evidence' - I've read quite a bit on both sides. The fact is, there are almost as many studies that prove homosexuality is harmful as there are proving that it does no harm. There are no studies that prove that a homosexual lifestyle is, in fact, benefical to a person. Some may say that 'accepting who you are' is beneficial psychologically, but really, is that the case? For example, there are some who feel the need to rape and molest children. By the same rationale, how can you say that a pedophile is wrong? He is simply accepting 'who he is'. Or a serial murderer? Or a person who feels drawn to bestiality? Using the same logic that you excuse homosexuality with, how can you honestly say that these other acts are not also 'acceptable'?
This world and it's continual slide into debauchery (whatever sexual preference) has no good end. Morality can serve a good purpose in a person's life. Sidestepping it because you find it inconvenient is not an excuse.

N