General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
they need to make it more obvious when you kill someone, I keep shooting dead bodies.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 11-01-2011, 11:25 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#526  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
also origin stopped crashing chrome when I updated it by checking that "update to the pre-release version" in the general options and restarting it.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 11-01-2011, 11:37 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#527  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
so ive been playing without origin, and the game loads about 3x faster, no black screen on server launch problems, and zero crashes...
Old 11-01-2011, 11:43 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#528  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
that "fix" worked?

cause I've noticed that I have to manually click on the game window when it launches or it will just sit there minimized on the taskbar without popping up for quite a while.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 11-01-2011, 11:47 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#529  

?psalus
Apsalus
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDomon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
Also, my first impression of the Javelin is meh. I'll have to use it more and see if my opinion changes. I disabled a tank in one shot, so that was nice, but you have to lock on and then quickly fire it straight up into the air to have a good chance of hitting your target, otherwise you still run the risk of your missile hitting objects in its path.
be sure to jerk to the sky before fire with the javelin, so the rocket comes straight down on top of the tanks. Does a ton more damage.
I haven't been able to try it yet, but from everything that I read on the topic, the Javelin is supposed to use a direct attack (horizontal flight path) if you lock the target yourself and uses a top attack if someone else designates the target with a laser. You may just be getting lucky by locking and then looking up to get a higher flight path, but I wouldn't expect it to last passed a patch or two because that's not how they intended for it to work (a la BC2 rockets and tracers). I would imagine that firing from above the target would make it really easy to get a top strike, but I wonder if they will try to prevent these "exploits" and encourage people to work together to get the top attack bonus.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:48 PM ?psalus is offline  
Reply With Quote
#530  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
that "fix" worked?

cause I've noticed that I have to manually click on the game window when it launches or it will just sit there minimized on the taskbar without popping up for quite a while.
yeah, be prepared to get a potential EA ban though. Its definitely a risk.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:49 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#531  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
fuck.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 11-01-2011, 11:51 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#532  

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP
 
g|aSsJaw's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDomon View Post
you know, im not sure i like the SCAR. Its fire is a little too heavy, it jerks around a lot compared to the stock weapon. I dont have any optics for it yet though

It's terrible when you first unlock it. Once you get the RDS and foregrip, you'll love it. I used it almost the whole time I played yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalus View Post
I haven't been able to try it yet, but from everything that I read on the topic, the Javelin is supposed to use a direct attack (horizontal flight path) if you lock the target yourself and uses a top attack if someone else designates the target with a laser. You may just be getting lucky by locking and then looking up to get a higher flight path, but I wouldn't expect it to last passed a patch or two because that's not how they intended for it to work (a la BC2 rockets and tracers). I would imagine that firing from above the target would make it really easy to get a top strike, but I wonder if they will try to prevent these "exploits" and encourage people to work together to get the top attack bonus.

I randomly saw a "how-to" video for the Javelin on YouTube and the guy suggested locking on, then quickly aiming at the sky before firing. You don't lose the lock-on, and your missile is a lot less likely to hit a pebble and explode along the way
Old 11-02-2011, 12:02 AM g|aSsJaw is offline  
Reply With Quote
#533  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
It's terrible when you first unlock it. Once you get the RDS and foregrip, you'll love it. I used it almost the whole time I played yesterday.



I randomly saw a "how-to" video for the Javelin on YouTube and the guy suggested locking on, then quickly aiming at the sky before firing. You don't lose the lock-on, and your missile is a lot less likely to hit a pebble and explode along the way
i just got red-dot. Hopefully foregrip soon
Old 11-02-2011, 12:10 AM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#534  

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP
 
g|aSsJaw's Avatar
 
Here's the Javelin video:

BORKED
Old 11-02-2011, 12:34 AM g|aSsJaw is offline  
Reply With Quote
#535  

TriaD
 
Weapon spreadsheet grabbed from reddit.


https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...SQjc0V0E#gid=8


These appear to be chest shot damage. There is different damage for head and limb damage as well.

Last edited by TriaD; 11-02-2011 at 05:42 AM..
Old 11-02-2011, 05:12 AM TriaD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#536  

Colicious
I'm 18 and my mom grounded me for going 10 over the speed limit!! <3 siriusnova
 
Colicious's Avatar
 
are the point systems different on pc compared to ps3?
__________________
3e8e19ca5f2e1c52bbc2223c33a41dda [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:23 AM Colicious is offline  
Reply With Quote
#537  

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP
 
g|aSsJaw's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colicious View Post
are the point systems different on pc compared to ps3?

Not that I've heard.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:55 AM g|aSsJaw is offline  
Reply With Quote
#538  

Chilly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
Here's the Javelin video:

BORKED

I thought that's how the javelins were supposed to work anyway. It pops out of the tube for a couple feet, then rockets into the air and comes down vertically.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:09 AM Chilly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#539  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
I thought that's how the javelins were supposed to work anyway. It pops out of the tube for a couple feet, then rockets into the air and comes down vertically.
its exaggerated in video games. The real javelin does have an arc trajectory, but its more like lobbing a baseball in from left field to first base, rather than popping up a golfball when you get under it too much. It comes into its target at about a 30-35 degree angle.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:16 AM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#540  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.