General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post

Yeah its lame. I ordered it off ebay, no shipping updates since the 20th of april, hasnt even left the WI facility, on priority mail. Seller told me it's not lost, that he doesnt know where it is, and that its just a delay. Wonderful.

Ordered a new one last night since I don't have time for paypals fucking 2 month long refund process.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Alex

updates on miata:

just installed 460cc red top rx7 injectors. Wired up with some 10ohm 50watt resistors, fired right up after changing the correct fuel setting in tuning software.

Received turbo oil/water lines, downpipe (although they forgot to include the mounting bolts so now have to wait another week), heatwrap and heat reflecting tape.

Also found out the hard way to lube injectors o-rings (just used some oil) because I tore the shit out of the stock ones, luckily realized that mistake for the new ones.

Also chain came. Mazel Tov!

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
updates on miata:

just installed 460cc red top rx7 injectors. Wired up with some 10ohm 50watt resistors, fired right up after changing the correct fuel setting in tuning software.

Received turbo oil/water lines, downpipe (although they forgot to include the mounting bolts so now have to wait another week), heatwrap and heat reflecting tape.

Also found out the hard way to lube injectors o-rings (just used some oil) because I tore the shit out of the stock ones, luckily realized that mistake for the new ones.

Also chain came. Mazel Tov!

Don't forget to prime and check for exploding rockers.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Alex

Quote:
Don't forget to prime and check for exploding rockers.

Exploding rockers are my favorite kind.

Injectors have been running great, went for a quick tune tonight and everything seems peachy.

We also dumped the stock maf/airbox and replaced it with a regular cone filter/gm iat sensor. Had some hiccups with that but its all figured out now. The rest of the turbo parts came in. Hopefully tomorrow we tap the oil pan for the return line, and start taking off the stock exhaust components to fit turbo stuff on.

It all seems straightforward enough, but im dreading intercooler/intake piping.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Exploding rockers are my favorite kind.

Injectors have been running great, went for a quick tune tonight and everything seems peachy.

We also dumped the stock maf/airbox and replaced it with a regular cone filter/gm iat sensor. Had some hiccups with that but its all figured out now. The rest of the turbo parts came in. Hopefully tomorrow we tap the oil pan for the return line, and start taking off the stock exhaust components to fit turbo stuff on.

It all seems straightforward enough, but im dreading intercooler/intake piping.

, motherfucker.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

Alex

Quote:
, motherfucker.

ask and ye shall receive (just not right now)

Tex Arcana

Quote:
ask and ye shall receive (just not right now)

NOW!!!

--John Hobbs

Alex

if a picture is worth 1000 words, then this 17 second video is worth 408,000 of those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN086...ature=youtu.be

The miata is pretty good, she blew some coolant on the freeway the other day since the top radiator hose clamps wiggled loose so we have tbolt clamps on the way for that (i hate hose clamps) but aside from that shes been running like a top.

She's about 12.5:1 at the richest, and cruises at a cool as a cucumber 16:1 on the freeway. Gas mileage is pretty much the same as before the turbo, ~25mpg with some occasional spirited driving but I'm sure it could easily go 30-35+ all highway driving.