General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's raging erection View Post
35 pages of bitching about it, and not one fucking solution that anyone can agree with. We're just as fucking useless as Congress is. Outstanding. Nothing left to do but wait and see how it all ends. Should be entertaining.

Sounds like OWS...

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-23-2012, 12:18 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#526  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

5ive
 
5ive's Avatar
 
most of the solutions OWS proposed are not palatable to either political party or their financial backers
__________________
Chicho is full of win.
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective
Old 07-23-2012, 07:38 AM 5ive is offline  
Reply With Quote
#527  

Jack's raging erection
 
Jack's raging erection's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
most of the solutions OWS proposed are not palatable to either political party or their financial backers

Let me guess. It's abhorrent that those with so much might have to give a little. You know, just to keep the economy going. Never mind providing support for the people that worked to put you in the fortune 500.

It's real simple. You can call me lazy, stupid, whatever the fuck you want. I don't care. I'm not going to support them by working two minimum wage jobs to try and make ends meet. I know for a fact that I won't be able to subsist on one minimum wage job, even if I did get full time + overtime. I would still need food stamps, housing assistance, medicare, whatever other social program that I would earn too much to qualify for with a minimum wage job that would actually let me work overtime, or even full time. And there's nothing I can do about it, except wait it out. Either they give in and start giving back what they stole (hahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!)
or we wait for the moment when it all falls apart.

Either way, I know that what happened, and what is to come, did not happen on my watch. It never was my fault, because I was never allowed to take an active part in this. You're insane if you think you can hold the new boy accountable for the mistakes the old hats have made... and are still making! How the fuck can you call a generation lazy when you don't even give them a chance to prove you wrong? How is that not criminal for them to expect you to work for them for years with no pay, only to maybe... maybe get subsistence pay, should they grace you with the privilege. And there they are, no different than you, making six-figure incomes, with six-figure bonuses, working no harder than you are, in fact, much less, doing nothing but playing farmville in their office for 20 hours/week. What happened to people being equitable with each other? They treat us like this, and expect a model work force? Quit your bitching, you got what you paid for. Fucking assholes.
__________________
My real name is Shaved Dog's Ass.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:21 AM Jack's raging erection is offline  
Reply With Quote
#528  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
I'm not very insecure. I graduated, I make a living and I'm fine with that. I have a job, will continue to have a job and that's that.

I don't really care how pyramid or you make a living either (with perhaps the exception that I'd *hope* pyramid makes the kind of living he wants, not that I know any of that or wish to know either). It's just that you're an entitled little shit, and a quite loathesome person.

You're a grown up fucking human being, still probably sucking your moms tit and you talk a big game on the internet. I bet your mom still supports your skanky ass because you're mentally handicapped and you couldn't make it on your own, you little shitstain

>> I'm not very insecure.
>> not very




I don't know what I say implies that I am "entitled" if anything you can clearly tell I am against anyone that feels entitled to a successful life.

Did I end up on the lucky end of the spectrum? Certainly. I'm not going to sit here and deny that. But it's hilarious how having a job out of college along with living at home a couple months equates to "entitlement" in your head. It's called thinking economically instead of wasting It's a terrible concept for people like you and your never ending apartment ass, but maybe you can get it at some point.

Buuuuuuuuuut keep suggesting that I am still living off mommy /shrug If it makes you feel better about your own
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝

Last edited by s0me0nesmind1; 07-23-2012 at 03:33 PM..
Old 07-23-2012, 03:28 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#529  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post




I don't pay federal income tax because my "taxable income" does not qualify me for federal income taxes. I have never been on welfare, food stamps, or even unemployment. have you seen where I live? Have you seen what I drive?

You paid for my company car under the bush tax cuts which made porsche cayennes qualify as heavy industrial equipment because of their gross vehicle weight.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/janetnov...w-or-cadillac/

We traded our old one in for a new 2012 model late last year. thanks for two.

What? You don't have your own small business with enough money to take advantage of such a deal? Oh well, too bad for you. Thanks, poor person.

Keep blaming those other poor people for abusing the system.

Congrats on your shit-mobile? I love how I make a point and the first thing you turn to is monetarily trying to shut me down like trying to say you aren't broke is proving a point. Friggen trying to brag about a porsche that was in the name of your failing business?

Case remains you aren't making jack shit to even hit the mark for paying tax.

Oh - and by the way if you don't see instant replies, it's probably because I actually do have a job - in addition to much more than sitting monitoring a for replies from epic failures
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 07-23-2012, 03:32 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#530  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
I don't know what I say implies that I am "entitled" if anything you can clearly tell I am against anyone that feels entitled to a successful life.

You're pretty entitled if you think "Having living parents" is the same as "Getting your shit paid for until you're 24."

Quote:
Case remains you aren't making jack shit to even hit the mark for paying tax.
That's not really how it works. Romney didn't pay a cent in income tax in 2010, he had no wages. All his money came from investments and capital gains. Not uncommon for rich people...like pyramid and his family.


Quote:
Congrats on your shit-mobile? I love how I make a point and the first thing you turn to is monetarily trying to shut me down like trying to say you aren't broke is proving a point. Friggen trying to brag about a porsche that was in the name of your failing business?
Your "point" was that only poor people vote Dem, and that obviously everybody supporting policies that don't wildly support the rich must be poor because they needs dat welfare. pyramid is a pretty obvious counterexample, and he presented his Porsche as a sign of how the rich fuck people like you.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:49 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#531  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
What point did you think you made? That all liberals are poor and on welfare? And you got proven wrong.

Am I to assume that my proof of you being wrong is somehow proof of you being correct in your head? That would actually explain a lot about your positions.

And you are still dodging the question: Are you as pissed off about the hand outs the wealthy enjoy as you are about the food stamps and welfare the poor enjoy?
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-23-2012, 04:03 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#532  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Separate an individual from society, and give him an island or a continent to possess, and he cannot acquire personal property. He cannot be rich. So inseparably are the means connected with the end, in all cases, that where the former do not exist the latter cannot be obtained. All accumulation, therefore, of personal property, beyond what a man's own hands produce, is derived to him by living in society; and he owes on every principle of justice, of gratitude, and of civilization, a part of that accumulation back again to society from whence the whole came.

This is putting the matter on a general principle, and perhaps it is best to do so; for if we examine the case minutely it will be found that the accumulation of personal property is, in many instances, the effect of paying too little for the labor that produced it; the consequence of which is that the working hand perishes in old age, and the employer abounds in affluence.
-Thomas Paine
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-23-2012, 04:39 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#533  

5ive
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
>> I'm not very insecure.
>> not very




I don't know what I say implies that I am "entitled" if anything you can clearly tell I am against anyone that feels entitled to a successful life.

Did I end up on the lucky end of the spectrum? Certainly. I'm not going to sit here and deny that. But it's hilarious how having a job out of college along with living at home a couple months equates to "entitlement" in your head. It's called thinking economically instead of wasting It's a terrible concept for people like you and your never ending apartment ass, but maybe you can get it at some point.

Buuuuuuuuuut keep suggesting that I am still living off mommy /shrug If it makes you feel better about your own

What you fail to realize is that you've been given a SIGNIFICANT advantage in life, yet you support policies that would prevent millions of less advantaged people from competing with you on a more even playing field.

I will graduate college with no debt. My parents, relatives, and family friends have countless connections that could net me a job after I graduate. If I want to, I can go to law school and have my lawyer parents help me from beginning (paying for LSAT prep courses) to end (finding me internships and jobs). My "success" is directly attributable to my social and economic status--not my bootstraps--and I recognize that millions of others do not benefit from such advantages. It wouldn't really be fair, then, to leave those other people with virtually no hope of matching my "success" because they're poor and I'm too greedy to give up some of my "hard-earned" money.
__________________
Chicho is full of win.
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective
Old 07-23-2012, 04:51 PM 5ive is offline  
Reply With Quote
#534  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. A tax upon house-rents, therefore, would in general fall heaviest upon the rich; and in this sort of inequality there would not, perhaps, be anything very unreasonable. It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
-Adam Smith, father of modern economics and capitalism, who believed in free universal education and progressive taxation
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-23-2012, 04:56 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#535  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
>> I'm not very insecure.
>> not very




I don't know what I say implies that I am "entitled" if anything you can clearly tell I am against anyone that feels entitled to a successful life.

Did I end up on the lucky end of the spectrum? Certainly. I'm not going to sit here and deny that. But it's hilarious how having a job out of college along with living at home a couple months equates to "entitlement" in your head. It's called thinking economically instead of wasting It's a terrible concept for people like you and your never ending apartment ass, but maybe you can get it at some point.

Buuuuuuuuuut keep suggesting that I am still living off mommy /shrug If it makes you feel better about your own
yeah I guess you can call it economical thinking if you want to sugarcoat the fact you're a deadbeat piece of shit that only got somewhere with the help of your mom doing your laundry and warming your instant noodles while you developed into a racist shithead at the comfort of her home

she's probably ashamed of you
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 07-23-2012, 05:17 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#536  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...can-party-0512

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-06-2012, 11:43 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#537  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's raging erection View Post
35 pages of bitching about it, and not one fucking solution that anyone can agree with. We're just as fucking useless as Congress is. Outstanding. Nothing left to do but wait and see how it all ends. Should be entertaining.
Wait...you mean snarky one liners, broad generalizations, stereotypes and satirical cartoons aren't a solution?
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-06-2012, 12:58 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#538  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Wait...you mean snarky one liners, broad generalizations, stereotypes and satirical cartoons aren't a solution?

of course not, but they're fun.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:18 PM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#539  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
BORKED

You sound like Rick Moranis
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 08-06-2012, 01:22 PM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#540  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:01 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.