General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
curdledvomit
 
curdledvomit's Avatar
 
pelosi calls town hall protesters un American.

pelosi and hoyer wrote an op-ed in USA today and called the protesters un american.

the white house put out an article rebuking pelosi for saying that.
I cant fine either article today.

I had a argument with my sister and she adamantly defended pelosi. I tried to explain first amendment rights to her but she didnt get it, She is a huge liberal and Obama supporter. She insisted they were acting un American by shouting down the oppasition. I asked her if throwing tea in a harbor was un american. She that was different. She said it was un american to not let one side be heard. I said they just needed to yell louder then. It was futile. She is brainwashed and has lost all logic...like someone said in another thread its funny how one side argues when they are in power as opposed to when they are the minority.
I say majority rules and as long as there is no violence its alll good. I mean we have filabusters...thats someone exercising there first amendment rights...we have protesters, picket lines, etc...i dont get it. Why are people so pathetic to think that people raising there voices in opposition to something is un American?
__________________
how about a nice hot steaming bowl of STFU!

00110001 00110011 01101011 and damn proud of it!

Squid posted..."curdledvomit is the first +10k guy i actually care about"

acc6d08c13aa2f2586ec5bf7b70854c3
Old 08-11-2009, 09:57 AM curdledvomit is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Stereodude
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Here's a link to the USA Today Op Ed.

Nancy and the gang only like it when liberals protest. It's not OK when people they disagree with protest.

Here's Pelosi saying that protests are patriotic.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:02 AM Stereodude is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

mathlete
I'm the cheapest person on this planet, maybe the universe.
 
mathlete's Avatar
 
Well, I find the term "un-American" pretty stupid to begin with, the loud, obnoxious people in the town hall meetings are doing far more than just voicing their opinion. They are either purposefully or unwittingly trying to disrupt any sort of rational discourse on the matter by spreading falsehoods and absurdities. They are led to these actions by a number of people in the media, namely Fox News, and other conservative leaders (e.g., Palin).

To be honest, that sounds like a pretty "American" thing to do, sadly.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:06 AM mathlete is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Uh, the people disrupting the townhalls aren't doing anything remotely patriotic at all. Being shuttled into the event by paid lobbyists and encouraged to create disruptions meant to prevent debate and public deliberation is about as un-American as it gets. The founders would be rolling over in their graves if they knew what the state of conservative "protest" is today.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:59 AM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

curdledvomit
 
curdledvomit's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
Uh, the people disrupting the townhalls aren't doing anything remotely patriotic at all. Being shuttled into the event by paid lobbyists and encouraged to create disruptions meant to prevent debate and public deliberation is about as un-American as it gets. The founders would be rolling over in their graves if they knew what the state of conservative "protest" is today.

proof of them being shuttled in please.

acorn had tons of people shuttled in during the election.

Also what about the black panthers on video harassing voters during the election? then they got pardoned. Are the black panthers actions un American?
__________________
how about a nice hot steaming bowl of STFU!

00110001 00110011 01101011 and damn proud of it!

Squid posted..."curdledvomit is the first +10k guy i actually care about"

acc6d08c13aa2f2586ec5bf7b70854c3
Old 08-11-2009, 01:01 PM curdledvomit is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

Frenetic
 
Frenetic's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by curdledvomit View Post
She said it was un american to not let one side be heard. I said they just needed to yell louder then.
Congratulations, you're just as childish as her and apparently has as little knowledge of civil discourse as well.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:27 PM Frenetic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

curdledvomit
 
curdledvomit's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
Congratulations, you're just as childish as her and apparently has as little knowledge of civil discourse as well.

you know what I mean...dont be tacky.
__________________
how about a nice hot steaming bowl of STFU!

00110001 00110011 01101011 and damn proud of it!

Squid posted..."curdledvomit is the first +10k guy i actually care about"

acc6d08c13aa2f2586ec5bf7b70854c3
Old 08-11-2009, 01:39 PM curdledvomit is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

Frenetic
 
Frenetic's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by curdledvomit View Post
you know what I mean...dont be tacky.
You're arguing why can't WE be assholes now, and that's . This isn't a kid's version of eye-for-an-eye here.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:48 PM Frenetic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

Jack Fickleson
 
Jack Fickleson's Avatar
 
I love free speech defenders. It's somehow "American" to say whatever you want, even if you're out chanting, "down with the USA!"

Free speech doesn't exist, get used to it. I can't wait until racist hate speech is finally criminalized, myself.
__________________
I used to be known on these forums as ForeverLurk-MK2. However, I abandoned my racial views long ago and am no longer a Neo-Nazi.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:10 PM Jack Fickleson is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

Frenetic
 
Frenetic's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Fickleson View Post
I love free speech defenders. It's somehow "American" to say whatever you want, even if you're out chanting, "down with the USA!"

Free speech doesn't exist, get used to it. I can't wait until racist hate speech is finally criminalized, myself.
I can't wait until they get rid of the dupes and 15 year olds here, myself.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:26 PM Frenetic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by curdledvomit View Post
proof of them being shuttled in please.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/polit...-52385057.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by curdledvomit View Post
acorn had tons of people shuttled in during the election.

what does this even mean? shuttled in where for what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by curdledvomit View Post
Also what about the black panthers on video harassing voters during the election? then they got pardoned. Are the black panthers actions un American?

Nice hannity talking point you got there, proof of them being pardoned, please? The justice dept filed a voluntary dismissal against the two that didn't carry weapons and received a default judgment against the one that brought the nightstick. Not exactly the same thing as receiving a presidential pardon.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:12 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

Stereodude
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
Uh you realize that article does nothing to support your claim right? Wow, so people are trying to organize opposition? Wow, that's so proof of busing and astroturfing!

The libs are just mad that their own tactics are being used against them, and that the people using the tactics are actually upset as opposed to being paid ACORN mobs.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:18 PM Stereodude is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Uh you realize that article does nothing to support your claim right? Wow, so people are trying to organize opposition? Wow, that's so proof of busing and astroturfing!

The libs are just mad that their own tactics are being used against them, and that the people using the tactics are actually upset as opposed to being paid ACORN mobs.

hey dumbass, maybe you should actually read the article, it explicitly points out that conservative lobbyists are shuttling astrotufers.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:24 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

Stereodude
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
hey dumbass, maybe you should actually read the article, it explicitly points out that conservative lobbyists are shuttling astrotufers.
You apparently aren't so good with reading comprehension. Please feel free to copy and paste the section from the story that mentions shuttling, busing, or similar. I see them talk about people being organized, but nothing about shuttling or busing.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:34 PM Stereodude is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
You apparently aren't so good with reading comprehension. Please feel free to copy and paste the section from the story that mentions shuttling, busing, or similar. I see them talk about people being organized, but nothing about shuttling or busing.

Get a real argument.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:00 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.