General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
In months with 31 days?
Don't bother...now that the liberals have the people they wanted in power...everything the federal government wants is ok and good by default. These are the same people that didn't understand why the US army and every federal agency created didn't swarm on New Orleans minutes after the hurricane hit..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Don't bother...now that the liberals have the people they wanted in power...everything the federal government wants is ok and good by default. These are the same people that didn't understand why the US army and every federal agency created didn't swarm on New Orleans minutes after the hurricane hit..

Oh well they are going to re-educate us using an expansion of the fairness doctrine so we can learn to think correctly.

http://news.google.com/news?client=f...num=4&ct=title

See you at the local Truth Center.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/po...el_for_bu.html

And of course we need to put the census bureau directly under executive control. I guess so we know who needs the most re-education I guess.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/...A-US-Obama.php

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
These are the same people that didn't understand why the US army and every federal agency created didn't swarm on New Orleans minutes after the hurricane hit..

I'm assuming from this that you have a great explanation for why the response to New Orleans was the way it was?

Fema, hahahaaaaahah

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

Last edited by Bukkakeboy; 02-13-2009 at 04:47 AM..

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
I'm assuming from this that you have a great explanation for why the response to New Orleans was the way it was?

Fema, hahahaaaaahah

Wow the ignorance of your post astounds me.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:

Fema, hahahaaaaahah
Thanks for proving my point, FEMA being a mismanaged clusterfuck is a separate issue. You limpies still don't understand why the president simply can't send in troops to take control of a state, or any city within without being requested by the government of that state. I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you..

edit- If you were paying attention to the events at the time instead of swallowing everything Kanye spewed out then you would have your explanation..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

möbiustrip

Quote:
Fema, hahahaaaaahah
Lesson from Katrina: their name isn't Federal Disaster Relief Agency.

The "Federal Emergency" whose Management is their objective is the breakdown of order following a disaster.

They make sure the chain of command stays intact. Turns out whether you're happy and comfortable in government vacation camp is inconsequential.

Keep that in mind if you see a disaster headed your way.

Xayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Wow the ignorance of your post astounds me.

your attempt to derail doesn't astound me.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
your attempt to derail doesn't astound me.

Leap years only?

Malakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
then someone comes along and says "who'll fix the road?"

and with that the whole libertarian scheme falls on its ass.

cliffs: yawn

People who say this have zero idea what libertarianism even is, or constitutional government, nor do you even know how your current government works.
The federal government does not fix your roads, or pay for your police and fire protection, or fund your education system (they contribute 5-10% total, and pass more than that down in costs with unfunded mandates).
Local and state taxes pay for almost everything you think the gov does for you. This is all constitutional and fine for libertarians. A constitutional libertarian government is SMALL AT THE FEDERAL level, the states can do what they want without infringing on the constitutional rights of the people. Each state then drafted their own constitutions to limit the state governments and expand protection for the states citizens.
This is why Ron Paul always talks about kicking the income tax. None of your local services, roads, ect are funded by your income tax. All that money goes overseas to fight wars, to the defense contractors, congressional pension plans, bail outs, shit you don't need that costs you 15-35% of your income. Inflation on top of that, then state and local and corporate taxes hidden in the cost of everything you buy, yeah we are all getting raped with no lube.

This is not just some crazy libertarian wackjob idea, this is how America is supposed to work according to its founding documents and (most) of the founding fathers.

Now there are free market libertarian arguments (Jeffersonian) that favor the state doing almost nothing and everything being private like roads and such. That is fine too, and there are great arguments supporting it. But in our constitutional republic, each state or even more local of a level decides what services they want their government to provide for them, what they are willing to pay for. That whole by the people for the people thing, certainly a meaningless phrase to the federal government.

I personally think education and healthcare need to be completely out of the hands of the state again, including most regulation. Markets self regulate, reputation is everything without a government stamp of approval, it is in a companys best interest to provide a good service for a good price. Without regulation you could go to a nearby doc office and have a nurse check you out and prescribe some antibiotics or whatever. Or get stiches there for a few bucks. Under US regulation you need to have a doctor for rx'es, and you need to be in a hospital for stitches! All gov does is make it all cost more $$.
I'd argue that without the FDA for example, if a company shipped bad peanut butter and people got sick, no one would ever buy from then again and they would be gone. Pretty serious motivation.
With the FDA they will still be around, will get some token inspections and bitching from politicians, ect. They probably won't go bankrupt though because Americans simply don't pay much attention to things like this, they think the gov is protecting them so why bother?
Same argument goes for the SEC, FDIC, ect. But I have no problem paying some light taxes for police, fire, roads, ect. And if there is no federal involvement, I don't even really mind local and state run education facilities. Healthcare, well healthcare the state needs to stay out of because they can do nothing but make it worse. Same for charity. Let people donate and organize charities by themselves, we don't need gov bureaucracies to do things free caring low taxed people can do better themselves!

Last edited by Malakai; 02-19-2009 at 07:58 AM..

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
I personally think education and healthcare need to be completely out of the hands of the state again, including most regulation. Markets self regulate, reputation is everything without a government stamp of approval, it is in a companys best interest to provide a good service for a good price. Without regulation you could go to a nearby doc office and have a nurse check you out and prescribe some antibiotics or whatever. Or get stiches there for a few bucks. Under US regulation you need to have a doctor for rx'es, and you need to be in a hospital for stitches! All gov does is make it all cost more $$.
Do you have any idea what the history of US medicine was like before regulation? Exploitation by quacks was extremely common and still is in areas where there is little or no regulation (alternative medicine). Drugs that didn't cure anything and just got people high where highly popular and abused widely. Regulation came about because the progressive movement in this country could see how badly people where being exploited. Word of mouth or whatever dumb you think magically stops this exploitation from happening doesn't work in the real world, this isn't speculation that your theory is wrong it's historical fact.

Quote:
I'd argue that without the FDA for example, if a company shipped bad peanut butter and people got sick, no one would ever buy from then again and they would be gone. Pretty serious motivation.

With the FDA they will still be around, will get some token inspections and bitching from politicians, ect. They probably won't go bankrupt though because Americans simply don't pay much attention to things like this, they think the gov is protecting them so why bother?
lol, you're naive as hell dude. If the FDA wasn't around they would just rebrand a few months later and no one would remember shit.

Quote:
Same argument goes for the SEC, FDIC, ect. But I have no problem paying some light taxes for police, fire, roads, ect. And if there is no federal involvement, I don't even really mind local and state run education facilities. Healthcare, well healthcare the state needs to stay out of because they can do nothing but make it worse. Same for charity. Let people donate and organize charities by themselves, we don't need gov bureaucracies to do things free caring low taxed people can do better themselves!
lmao

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

What is the fascination people have with returning to the early 19th century? Do they really believe that was a better time for the average person to live?

Renork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
What is the fascination people have with returning to the early 19th century? Do they really believe that was a better time for the average person to live?

Yes, they do.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4356915/
"Season 6 Episode 10 of Penn and Teller: Bullshit!
This episode is named The good ol' days and is about nostalgia."

Yes, I know, not exactly a scientific source but still entertaining and moderately on topic :-p