General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

red|dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaN383 View Post
how do you know whos legally allowed to drive and whos driving illegally? or will you just smash your car into them before they can smash theirs into you?

ITS NOT ABOUT BEING A VIGILANTE ITS ABOUT BEING ABLE TO PROTECT YOURSELF ON THE OFF CHANCE A THREAT IS PRESENT. jesus...

How will you protect yourself?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UID=30151 View Post
so how do wee no hoo too shoot wit are gunz?

yoo shoot thuh wun hoo iz shootin at yoo

MrMaN383
Asshole Licking Douchebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by red|dragon View Post
How will you protect yourself?

same way i do now. assess the threat, deal with it accordingly. if its such a major threat that i need to shoot him, so be it.

red|dragon

Quote:
same way i do now. assess the threat, deal with it accordingly. if its such a major threat that i need to shoot him, so be it.

Riiiiiiiight. What experience do you have with assessing threats and then dealing with them accordingly?

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Riiiiiiiight. What experience do you have with assessing threats and then dealing with them accordingly?

What experience do you have with randomly being shot by responsible CC W holders? If you want to have an intelligent discussion you need to stop with the straw men.

red|dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
What experience do you have with randomly being shot by responsible CC W holders? If you want to have an intelligent discussion you need to stop with the straw men.

The only experience I have is being a student. I go to a university to learn and become educated, not get stuck in a texas ranger war zone. You guys are delusional if you think you can whip into action like some super hero, "assess the situation" and "respond accordingly".

MrMaN383

Quote:

its really just common sense and instinct now isnt it? guy at a bar starts shit, can you just walk away? is he going to swing and force you to kick his ass? is he going to follow you out into the parking lot with 5 of his buddies and make you show him your 9 shot magazine? what do you do, drop into the fetal position and wait for some asshole with a badge to save you? good luck with that.

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulChaser View Post
Do people in this thread not realize you cannot buy a pistol or have a CCW until you are 21, so even if guns were allowed on campus 90% of students would still not be allowed to carry?

or is there a state that allows CCW before 21? I can not think of any.

You can purchase a pistol at 18 from a private seller in most states, you cannot purchase one from a dealer until you're 21.

As for states that allow CCWs to be issued to 18 year olds; North Dakota, Indiana, Montana, South Dakota, New Hampshire, and Maine.

Like Zangmonkey said though, a lot of universities have their average ages of undergraduate students over 21. Also, 19 of Cho's 32 victims at VT were over 21.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET

red|dragon

Quote:
its really just common sense and instinct now isnt it? guy at a bar starts shit, can you just walk away? is he going to swing and force you to kick his ass? is he going to follow you out into the parking lot with 5 of his buddies and make you show him your 9 shot magazine? what do you do, drop into the fetal position and wait for some asshole with a badge to save you? good luck with that.

why would a guy at a bar just randomly start shit with you?

Mr. Greg

Quote:
The only experience I have is being a student. I go to a university to learn and become educated, not get stuck in a texas ranger war zone. You guys are delusional if you think you can whip into action like some super hero, "assess the situation" and "respond accordingly".

You act as if we're advocating this as a replacement for a police force. We're simply advocating for the allowance of CCW holders to have a defense other than "run and hide" in the event of a school shooting, prior to a police response. It's already been proven that allowing CCW does not create "texas ranger war zones," and there's no proof that it would happen in schools if someone carried.

red|dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
You act as if we're advocating this as a replacement for a police force. We're simply advocating for the allowance of CCW holders to have a defense other than "run and hide" in the event of a school shooting, prior to a police response. It's already been proven that allowing CCW does not create "texas ranger war zones," and there's no proof that it would happen in schools if someone carried.

So If you're in class and you hear someone shooting a machine gun, uzi or shotgun, you're going to have the balls to stand up, go out, find the guy, shoot him and then kill him? Why on earth would you think you would be able to shoot him first? You have no idea what kind of training the shooter has.

MrMaN383

Quote:
why would a guy at a bar just randomly start shit with you?

are you fucking kidding me? some people arent nice drunks. some people get fisty about you talking to their girlfriend/sister/girl they want that hates them. sometimes when you talk enough shit to a guy, he actually stands up for himself. sometimes 'your kind' just isnt 'welcome round these parts'. do i really have to list the millions of reasons a guy might start shit with you in a bar?

SemperFly

Quote:
So If you're in class and you hear someone shooting a machine gun, uzi or shotgun, you're going to have the balls to stand up, go out, find the guy, shoot him and then kill him? Why on earth would you think you would be able to shoot him first? You have no idea what kind of training the shooter has.

That's never the idea. CCW holders do not go hunting the bad guy. They avoid danger just like everyone else in the classroom would do but would be prepared to open fire on the shooter if he burst into the room and started killing people.

Mr. Greg

Quote:

Whether a CCW holder plays the hero when he hears shots is his discretion. CCW holders are only trained to defend themselves with what they conceal in life-or-death situations. They're not trained, or encouraged, to pretend they're Jack Bauer and actively seek out criminals.

My answer would be no to that question, though. I would not risk my safety to play the hero, and wait for the police to come (Which is what those who do not carry, and would be getting shot up in that room you speak of, want, right? ). If that person was shooting at me, you'd better believe I'd shoot back.

MrMaN383

Quote:

you just dont get it asshole. its not about reshooting a die hard movie, its self defense. if you hear a gun going off in school, you draw your weapon, seek some cover with the other students, call 911 and wait. if he happens to kick your classrooms door in and start shooting at people, THEN you will want to fire on him to protect yourself and the others. why the fuck would you think someone would want to go hunt down a killer on a shooting spree just because they have a ccw?