General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
because you don't trade pigs for flour at the local fair anymore?

economics is national at least, global in our case.

states import and export goods from other states, therefore ignorant states are not allowed to fuck up entirely.
Who's talking about trade? We're talking about the Federal government meddling in state affairs that have no effect beyond the citizens of that state....citizens who are free to change their leadership if they don't like it or move to another state.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 02-11-2009, 07:36 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

MachinegunHead
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
because you don't trade pigs for flour at the local fair anymore?

economics is national at least, global in our case.

states import and export goods from other states, therefore ignorant states are not allowed to fuck up entirely.

That is quite a silly argument. You are assuming that if a state were to defect from the US, it would completely retarded and incapable of being self-sufficient and international trade, thus resorting to simple barter? How can the US trade with Canada, they have different currencies?! They aren't the same country, that doesn't work!!

If NH were to defect from the states, there is no reason as to why they can't redefine their own new currency, and redevelop their own sovereign government, and still maintain functionality through international trade. The people of NH are surely capable of building and maintaining their own roads. I honestly doubt the US government send out official laymen from the White House to build the new roads in NH. The only reason the government is involved, is because the residents of NH pay their taxes to the US government with the intention of getting civil services in return. If the inhabitants of NH pay taxes to their own sovereign government, their own government will be responsible for their own roads.

There is no esoteric, amazing, brilliant thing that exists in the US government that keeps all the individual states afloat. It is a clusterfuck of vested interests, and I'm of the opinion that all states would be able to exist fairly well without it. With that said, the federal government is fantastic if used properly, and without corruption. That is never the case though.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:41 AM MachinegunHead is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
And Spayed gets owned once again.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 02-11-2009, 10:13 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

Xayd
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Who's talking about trade? We're talking about the Federal government meddling in state affairs that have no effect beyond the citizens of that state....citizens who are free to change their leadership if they don't like it or move to another state.

so lemme get this straight...

laws that restrict one (federal) government = good
laws that restrict other (state) government = bad

you're basically saying "selectively enforce the laws as i see fit".

thanks for taking the bait, and owning yourself.

thanks (as always) to morlock for throwing his hat into the losing ring too, he never fails to amuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachinegunHead View Post
That is quite a silly argument. You are assuming that if a state were to defect from the US, it would completely retarded and incapable of being self-sufficient and international trade, thus resorting to simple barter? How can the US trade with Canada, they have different currencies?! They aren't the same country, that doesn't work!!

If NH were to defect from the states, there is no reason as to why they can't redefine their own new currency, and redevelop their own sovereign government, and still maintain functionality through international trade. The people of NH are surely capable of building and maintaining their own roads. I honestly doubt the US government send out official laymen from the White House to build the new roads in NH. The only reason the government is involved, is because the residents of NH pay their taxes to the US government with the intention of getting civil services in return. If the inhabitants of NH pay taxes to their own sovereign government, their own government will be responsible for their own roads.

There is no esoteric, amazing, brilliant thing that exists in the US government that keeps all the individual states afloat. It is a clusterfuck of vested interests, and I'm of the opinion that all states would be able to exist fairly well without it. With that said, the federal government is fantastic if used properly, and without corruption. That is never the case though.

the full faith and credit of the united states. they are not allowed to un-unite, because it weakens the whole. we fought a war over it, the secessionists lost, the end.

there is an esoteric, amazing, brilliant thing that keeps all the individual states afloat. the dollar.

and yes, if people are stupid enough to try and remove themselves from the world's most powerful economy, the federal government will protect them from their own stupidity and not allow them to do so. again, they tried.. they failed, the end.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:19 PM Xayd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
The likely result is that the Fed will cinvince NH to write many things into its own laws.

As has been stated above, this is why stated have 21 drinking age, legal right-turns on reds and the such.

Feds make funding contingent on regulation.
__________________
09 F9
Old 02-11-2009, 03:30 PM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPayd View Post
so lemme get this straight...

laws that restrict one (federal) government = good
laws that restrict other (state) government = bad

you're basically saying "selectively enforce the laws as i see fit".

thanks for taking the bait, and owning yourself.

thanks (as always) to morlock for throwing his hat into the losing ring too, he never fails to amuse.



.


No shithead, he is saying enforce the constitution on the federal government. Federal gov is RESTRICTED from making laws in areas that it has not been granted EXPRESSLY in the constitution.

Get it yet?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 02-11-2009, 03:30 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

MachinegunHead
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
the world's most powerful economy

Yeah okay. That doesn't really mean much these days.

Besides, NH aren't talking explicitly about the economy. and sure them leaving WOULD weaken the whole, it doesn't mean they aren't allowed to. There is nothing to say that any state is forever bound to the US.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:54 PM MachinegunHead is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachinegunHead View Post
Yeah okay. That doesn't really mean much these days.

Besides, NH aren't talking explicitly about the economy. and sure them leaving WOULD weaken the whole, it doesn't mean they aren't allowed to. There is nothing to say that any state is forever bound to the US.
You'd be surprised what things mean (and say) when legal sovereignty is threatened. In the absence of law, might makes right.

Telling your government it doesn't own you anymore is called "revolution" if you win and "treason" if you don't.

Put another way: we have 9 justices, 435 Congressmen, 100 Senators, and 1 president. If they have a fundamental disagreement, that's civil (precipitating world) war. Anything less and the majority puts the rabble-rousers in prison for life, at best.

How does your philosophy fare against a United States military taking orders from the elected government you're shrugging off?
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 02-12-2009, 12:53 AM möbiustrip is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

matt00926
baaaaaa
 
matt00926's Avatar
 
__________________
cd09d75f80807fd8baa143b39fa895eb [pornmay.com]
Old 02-12-2009, 01:03 AM matt00926 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

Xayd
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
No shithead, he is saying enforce the constitution on the federal government. Federal gov is RESTRICTED from making laws in areas that it has not been granted EXPRESSLY in the constitution.

Get it yet?

no they aren't. congress is "the people". the supreme court has stated such time and time and time again.

but lemme guess, since you don't agree with the supreme court they don't apply to your fantasy world, right?
Old 02-12-2009, 01:35 AM Xayd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
no they aren't. congress is "the people". the supreme court has stated such time and time and time again.

but lemme guess, since you don't agree with the supreme court they don't apply to your fantasy world, right?

so only congress has the right to bear arms and thats why the supreme court struck down DC's gun limitations. because only congress is the people

And why the supreme court says its not a crime for people to run away from the cops because of course only congress runs away from cops.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 02-12-2009, 08:38 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

Xayd
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
so only congress has the right to bear arms and thats why the supreme court struck down DC's gun limitations. because only congress is the people

And why the supreme court says its not a crime for people to run away from the cops because of course only congress runs away from cops.

we're talking about passing laws, not carrying guns. we don't have a direct democracy, therefore the elected officials who pass laws are synonymous with "the people".

if you want to dispute obvious fact get on with it so i can post a mile long list of examples of how you're wrong, stop beating around the bush.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:59 AM Xayd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
we're talking about passing laws, not carrying guns. we don't have a direct democracy, therefore the elected officials who pass laws are synonymous with "the people".

if you want to dispute obvious fact get on with it so i can post a mile long list of examples of how you're wrong, stop beating around the bush.

Is that on alternate Wednesdays?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 02-12-2009, 10:08 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

Xayd
 
Quote:
stop beating around the bush
why are you so scared to post what you really think?























(because you're just a OMGOMGOMGOMG hair away from free_willy)
Old 02-12-2009, 01:57 PM Xayd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
In months with 31 days?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 02-12-2009, 02:34 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:10 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.