General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Impulse Rxn

i have five computers in my house, 2 laptops (dell inspiron 1150 and 6000) and three desktops (an emachines, a compaq, and my box) and the only wired computer is my box: the rest are on wireless (desktops have USB adapters, laptops have internal cards.) The problem is is that my network intermittently goes down and it generally affects all of the computers. This is the first problem. The second problem is that, as of late, it's only been affecting the Inspiron 6000 (which is about a month old.) It locates the network, but when i try to connect it says 'limited or no connectivity' which means no useful connection. I'm intrigued as to why this is happening with only tihs computer- and i know it's not the actual network becuase i can set my laptops side by side and the 1150 works fine.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem? The router is a LinkSyS BEFW11S4 Wireless-B broadband router by Cisco Systems with a cable connection piped in.

Many, many thanks

ninja: generally, to fix the problem, i do a hard reset of the router and occasionally on the 6000 i have to remove the network drivers and restart. usually fixes it

[M]ilitary [M]ayhem
1A2- C-5 Loadmaster

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Noct

Are you using a microwave at that time or do you have a 2.4ghz cordless phone that is being use at those times when your wireless goes down?

Impulse Rxn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noct
Are you using a microwave at that time or do you have a 2.4ghz cordless phone that is being use at those times when your wireless goes down?

we do have a cordless phone but it's not necessarily at the same time, nor does that explain why i cant connect to it right now with it right next to the router, or why this generally only happens with the 6000. it might account for the rtest of them though, thank you

[M]ilitary [M]ayhem
1A2- C-5 Loadmaster