shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

Quote:
Originally Posted by vile1 View Post
cant be.

Wheel sizes went like this:

19f 19r
18f 19r
16f 18r
17f 18r (only one bike i know that did that: 1985 NS400)
16f 18r
16f 17r
17f 17r
16.5f 16.5r (racebikes only)
yeah, that was my thought too. also, that doesn't apply to quite everything - the EX250 has 16" wheels for example, although it isn't exactly a sprotbile.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

StarDeath13

yah,its 16" my bad.

but still why am i seeing this vfr wanting to be upright so strongly?
i can actually feel the bike wanting to be upright,so much so id bet a complete drunk would have no issues staying on this bike.
its like i can feel a magnetic force always pulling the bike into an upright position.
most times that isnt bad but it takes alot more force to to lean the bike than im used too.

if i get a chance to meet up with someone who rides i know is competant ill have them ride it and see if its just me.

this wouldnt be such an issue if it didnt take more preperation when entering corners as i have to put alot more input into the bike to lean it.

as i said i put a new rear tire on today and a new front will be on next week and possibly the front is causing this as i know the old rear that was squared and made it worse.

flurby
I can't think for myself so I let the Democrats do it for me!

Righting forces, center of gravity, all kinds of shit. Physics.

Or it could be a shitty tire.

mushrew

puuurty CBR

vile1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDeath13 View Post
yah,its 16" my bad.

but still why am i seeing this vfr wanting to be upright so strongly?
i can actually feel the bike wanting to be upright,so much so id bet a complete drunk would have no issues staying on this bike.
its like i can feel a magnetic force always pulling the bike into an upright position.
most times that isnt bad but it takes alot more force to to lean the bike than im used too.

if i get a chance to meet up with someone who rides i know is competant ill have them ride it and see if its just me.

this wouldnt be such an issue if it didnt take more preperation when entering corners as i have to put alot more input into the bike to lean it.

as i said i put a new rear tire on today and a new front will be on next week and possibly the front is causing this as i know the old rear that was squared and made it worse.

Really soft rear suspension, incorrect sag and messed up or even bent forks will cause this IF it isnt your tires. But i bet its your rear shock. VFR shocks sucked so much ass...

StarDeath13

the sag could be a big issue as ive never adjusted it,mainly because i dont know how.
forks should be fine tho.
tire im thinking is still part of the problem.

i really never messed with the rear shock adjustments as it didnt seem to sag much when i sat on it.but im sure it does as i weigh 250lbs

ill ask the guys at vfrd about what i should have it set at.
ty guys for the help.

zoopnazi
no zoop for you

So what'd the general opinion of genmay??

I'm going to look at two bikes tomorrow
a 1986 Yamaha FZ600
or
1982 Yamaha Virago 920

First streetbike, what would [M} suggest.

Price is $1000 each, I'm actually pondering picking up both of em for the great price

California Pizza Chicken

WickedAngel

Virago 920, personally. Older streetbikes just don't hold their aesthetic appeal well.

zoopnazi
no zoop for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedAngel View Post
Virago 920, personally. Older streetbikes just don't hold their aesthetic appeal well.

Yah its definitely got that 80s look, I told claffix I'd probably have to ride it in neon spandex.

But on the other hand, of the older sportbikes, it's probably one of the better looking ones IMO

California Pizza Chicken

StarDeath13

id go with the fz600 due to being lighter,quiker manuvering,and faster.
also older sport style bikes are easier to sell imo.

Junkie Mod
totensiebush

son of a bitch, i couldn't get my bike to start

i went on a ~1 hour ride, and then stopped by kragen to pick up some oil. went back out to the bike and i couldn't get it to start. hell, i couldn't get anything from it - so i suspect i wasn't getting spark, as it had a close to full tank of gas. i tried push starting it (my normal method of starting) about a dozen times, before deciding to walk 2.5 miles home in 90* sun in pants and boots carrying my helmet and jacket

now I'm trying to find someone with a truck to help me get it back here :|

StarDeath13

is it turning over,and just not fireing?
i wouldnt rule out fuel issues just because you have a full tank.

i really wish you lived closer so i could sell you my 89 ninja 600.

Junkie Mod
totensiebush

yes, it's turning over and just not firing. it idled without a problem when i rode up, and was only off for something like 5 minutes before I tried to start it.

realize that the starter button is broken, so I push start it all the time - it's possible that the battery is incredibly weak, but I doubt it's quite that bad (it's hard to be weak enough that it won't work for ignition). when i dump the clutch the engine turns over, but I never hear anything from the exhaust.

if I can't find someone with a truck, I might just walk it back tonight. It would certainly be a long walk, but it's better than getting towed...

Junkie Mod
totensiebush

s00t
bike works fine, no clue what was wrong with it

I drove my car downtown (after walking 2.5 miles in 90* sun, I didn't feel like doing a bunch more walking) with the pieces of the starter button. Using them, the bike started up just fine . So, I know it wasn't the battery and doubt it was the fuel - my guess is it's got some shitty wiring somewhere (well, I KNOW it has some, but my guess is that was the problem). I'd forgotten how convenient pushbutton start was

flurby
I can't think for myself so I let the Democrats do it for me!

Saw something today that took the cake. Going north on 101 in the Bay Area, out of Moffet comes a bike and it is in a hurry to get across to the fast lane. I'm in the fast lane doing about 93. It comes over and is going slow and pulls out in front of me. Ok, cockface, but ok. Then it fucking hugs the line and is waving me by on the left. WTF? Then I notice what took the cake.

THE MOTHERFUCKER HAD ROLLERBLADES ON. I shit you not, the fucker had on rollerblades. One a fucking bike, on the highway.

I got as far from that assclown as possible as fast as possible.