General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Jas101
 
Jas101's Avatar
 
no idea is this is any good to you. but dealextreme has 'Prototype Universal Printed Circuit Board Breadboards - Yellow (10-Piece Pack)' for 6$

dont know if this is cheap, dont know if theyre the right ones....

just search for SKU 139802
__________________
gsharaf - maybe you just aren't ghey enough, so take one up da butt (for the team)
Jeff - Anyone got any midget porn? Its for a friend.
c449140ffaaa3f7c2e4d93e0ba37705e [pornmay.com]
Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 AM Jas101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#46  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

gee
MY TITLE ISNT LONG ENOUGH
 
gee's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas101 View Post
no idea is this is any good to you. but dealextreme has 'Prototype Universal Printed Circuit Board Breadboards - Yellow (10-Piece Pack)' for 6$

dont know if this is cheap, dont know if theyre the right ones....

just search for SKU 139802
Not really applicable for this project - I'm using custom PCB's. But that's a slammin' deal for prototype boards, good for folks that are building things using Arduino cards and such.

Everything's coming together nicely so far, only part that's being a bitch to find is the 15 pin board stacker that connects the top and bottom PCBs together. Damn companies wanting POs from normal people like me...
Old 06-26-2012, 12:24 PM gee is offline  
Reply With Quote
#47  

Code: [M]ayhem
 
Code: [M]ayhem's Avatar
 
Might do your mother in the ass prison style except she's broke until her next welfare check
__________________
This lameshit forum sucks even worse than IcW@teR's life
Old 06-26-2012, 12:26 PM Code: [M]ayhem is offline  
Reply With Quote
#48  

gee
MY TITLE ISNT LONG ENOUGH
 
gee's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
So heres the wood options for boxes if people want them. Completely ignore any styling, and just look at the wood/color/grain
Could you sketch a concept of what the thing would look like, and how the clock would mount inside it? I could order different mounting hardware from the usual if required.

As for colors, I'm sick of looking at oak, as my house has oak everything in the kitchen. I'd prefer a deep colored, wood with a fine grain - not the 'splotches' of the mahogany example, maybe the top/bottom ones that you've posted. But that's just my preference...

Man, I went to a specialty hardwood store over the weekend. They've got some awesome species there, couldn't help but stare at a big chunk of walnut and think how good it would look with a neck and couple of black humbuckers. Building my own guitar will probably be my next project.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:31 PM gee is offline  
Reply With Quote
#49  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
Could you sketch a concept of what the thing would look like, and how the clock would mount inside it? I could order different mounting hardware from the usual if required.

As for colors, I'm sick of looking at oak, as my house has oak everything in the kitchen. I'd prefer a deep colored, wood with a fine grain - not the 'splotches' of the mahogany example, maybe the top/bottom ones that you've posted. But that's just my preference...

Man, I went to a specialty hardwood store over the weekend. They've got some awesome species there, couldn't help but stare at a big chunk of walnut and think how good it would look with a neck and couple of black humbuckers. Building my own guitar will probably be my next project.
your current design should be fine, The only thing might be the rubber feet, but ill work around those, as i imagine some people wont want cases.

Walnut is totally an option, i just didnt think of it.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:35 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#50  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
as far as design, itll be a square box, dovetailed at all corners, with nice stopped routing on the edges, with the appropriate holes

similar to this, but with a tad less/different detail



although if anyone is interested, i could also do this

Old 06-26-2012, 12:39 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#51  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
and no giantass dial. obviously.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:40 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#52  

gee
MY TITLE ISNT LONG ENOUGH
 
gee's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
your current design should be fine, The only thing might be the rubber feet, but ill work around those, as i imagine some people wont want cases.

Walnut is totally an option, i just didnt think of it.
You could flip the hardware upside down - use the top screws on the bottom of the clock, and use the bottom spacers/screws to attach the clock from the top of the case. Means running screws through the top of the case though.

I made a wooden case for a clock I gave my dad, and I used an aluminum plate sunk into the top with the clock mounted to the plate this way. I'll see if I can find pictures of the thing.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:45 PM gee is offline  
Reply With Quote
#53  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
You could flip the hardware upside down - use the top screws on the bottom of the clock, and use the bottom spacers/screws to attach the clock from the top of the case. Means running screws through the top of the case though.

I made a wooden case for a clock I gave my dad, and I used an aluminum plate sunk into the top with the clock mounted to the plate this way. I'll see if I can find pictures of the thing.
ill just make it the exact right height and eliminate all that. itll force fit.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:54 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#54  

gee
MY TITLE ISNT LONG ENOUGH
 
gee's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
ill just make it the exact right height and eliminate all that. itll force fit.
If you can think of any changes that'll make case design easier, lemme know and I'll try to fit them in. Design files aren't finished yet and parts aren't ordered.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:30 PM gee is offline  
Reply With Quote
#55  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
as far as design, itll be a square box, dovetailed at all corners, with nice stopped routing on the edges, with the appropriate holes

similar to this, but with a tad less/different detail



although if anyone is interested, i could also do this


Both of those look very nice.

Where did you find the pics? Is this a popular project?
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 06-26-2012, 07:57 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#56  

fapling
 
fapling's Avatar
 
How much would one clock built in the Paduak designed like the enclosure below cost? Shipped to United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
So heres the wood options for boxes if people want them. Completely ignore any styling, and just look at the wood/color/grain
Paduak:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
__________________
22a1a861cae401edef80f78cd549ab4d [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:58 AM fapling is offline  
Reply With Quote
#57  

dk again
 
dk again's Avatar
 
Hmm I wanted one last time, I'll have to think about it..
Old 06-27-2012, 02:21 AM dk again is offline  
Reply With Quote
#58  

gee
MY TITLE ISNT LONG ENOUGH
 
gee's Avatar
 
Just made a big Newark order for 25 clocks worth of components. Half the parts on the old design aren't made anymore, had to do some circuit changes but the thing will generally go together the same way, still the same size/outside appearance.

Next up... order PCBs, order russian 74141s, find a seller of 9V wall warts, talk to accounting at work to see if they'll let me order a connector on the company's behalf, test my stock of nixies and order the remainder... and cross my fingers that I'll sell 25 of these things in the near future.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:32 PM gee is offline  
Reply With Quote
#59  

gee
MY TITLE ISNT LONG ENOUGH
 
gee's Avatar
 
Also, found a pic of my dad's clock:

Old 06-27-2012, 05:46 PM gee is offline  
Reply With Quote
#60  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:34 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.