General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

asshole

extremely rare for cops to cite for stuff like this

guy followed me for ~2 miles before finally pulling me over... didn't speed, didn't drive like an ass or rev my engine beyond ~4k. He was extremely agitated, I guess because I wasn't wanting to pull over in what I thought were really bad places to pull over (would cause backup/congestion.) Then I interrupted him a few times, he REALLY didnt' like that, started shouting.

he fucked up the "headlights too low" citation... he wrote the ticket up as "headlights too low" but then went ahead and measured my ((stock)) driving lights with some kind of an index card. Veh code states that they have to be sixteen inches above street level (they're not that high on any bmw, apart from SUV's MAYBE?) But my headlights are totally in compliance, my car isn't lowered more than an inch or so in front.

I ordered stock muffler, will get both tickets signed off whenever they come in the mail. Haven't gotten a solid answer on this, but I guess local cops ARE able to sign off on these """modified exhaust""" tickets, but I'd have to work hard to find one willing to do so. It's also possible that they'd redirect me to state ref for testing, which I really don't want. The veh code says that exhaust can't be louder than 95db. Mine probably is, but this cop never heard it. He just wanted to fuck with me/jam me up.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Hard Turd

What's wrong with your headlights?

edit: gotta be honest, that cop sounds like he was just looking for someone to bitch at.

Typhoon43

Jesus fuck I'm so glad I don't live in Nazifornia. And good call on the CPS replacement. At that many miles it's good piece of mind because IF that sensor fails your car won't go ANYWHERE. Mine started intermittently going out on the Benz and left me stranded twice before I hooked it up to the DAS software and saw it threw a code. Replaced it and it's been good ever since.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

I asked him why he pulled me over, he said "your exhaust is modified......................let me see license and reg" then while I was fishing that out, he said "your car is lowered isn't it?"

headlights are too low because the car is lowered...they know it's a offense to ding somebody for, I've never gotten hit for both of them at once (and never without first doing something like speeding or revving.)

The car isn't more than an inch, inch and a half lower than stock. Guy was definitely having marital problems or his dick dont work right.

I showed dashcam footage to a few ppl, coworker told me she was actually pulled over by this same guy twice who wanted to confirm she hadn't stolen her car... (she's black) Reactions are mixed tho, parents said the cop was being pretty normal/standard for how a typical cop would behave. I was sleep deprived after my camber arm project this weekend so I wasn't acting how I usually would.

Triple B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon43 View Post
Jesus fuck I'm so glad I don't live in Nazifornia..

why? because you saw stuff on the tv that make you scared?

or because ding dong is on a first name basis with the police officers in his community

Triple B

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
I asked him why he pulled me over, he said "your exhaust is modified......................let me see license and reg" then while I was fishing that out, he said "your car is lowered isn't it?"

headlights are too low because the car is lowered...they know it's a offense to ding somebody for, I've never gotten hit for both of them at once (and never without first doing something like speeding or revving.)

so even though those charges may be legit it is abnormal for a cop to cite for that so that guy may be a dick most of the time and probably not a good cop

but we all know that you basically deserve this anyways.

California should have a discount subscription program for people like you where they just take an extra 25% of your income to make up for your existence

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

id pay a flat monthly fee if it meant i wouldn't be fucked with at random, would be given add'l leeway for traffic offenses.

I basically already do pay extra, only... its on the backend, and im paying it to my insurance co.

Speaking of paying back society... You should really refund the taxpayer for paying for your room, board, food and health care costs you incurred for all those months/years you were in the clink.

Sent from my LG Shitfone using Tapafuck

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

oh cool, embedding was fixed

Triple B

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Speaking of paying back society... You should really refund the taxpayer for paying for your room, board, food and health care costs you incurred for all those months/years you were in the clink.

well the health care portion would total out around 0

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

goooooooooddamn

kind of want a cutout

BORKED

I'm actually kind of enjoying the stock exhaust...

Colonel Sanders

Is that some kind of secondary gas tank? lol

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Seventy two fucking pounds

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Last edited by GhEttOrAiD; 08-29-2016 at 04:16 PM..

Jehannum

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.