General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
I don't like beer and wings and sports, am I not a man? Have I somehow defied my biology?

I don't really give a fuck about watching sports, though I'm getting more into it, because where I grew up nobody (men and women alike) really gave a fuck about watching sports. We were far enough away from any major sports teams that nobody really felt any sort of kinship or allegiance to them.

But fuck yeah, bring on the beer and wings!

Clearly my marriage is a sham, I'm secretly a raging bulldyke. Personally I think it's awesome that I have someone to drink beer and eat wings with, but. you know. LESBIONICS
39TH STREET
rmtc<3
8=,,,,===D BlisterDick is the hawtness I desire :drool:

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisterDick View Post
no, it's actually quite the opposite - woman have been socialized to be more assertive and independent but they still want to be loved and taken care of...

I dunno man, it's hard to explain... you either get it or you don't.

Here's a few examples:

1. You let a woman know, in conversation or debate, that she is equal
2. However, you put aside her expectations and STILL open a door for her
3. ....
4. ....
5. You must ALWAYS take control in the bedroom
6. When you come home from work/school/drinking and she starts bitching you need to realize she just want to talk... not argue/not debate... she just wants you to listen to her while she airs her baggage
7. When she is done "airing her laundary" and is doing the dishes you walk up behind her, grab her around the waist and kiss her on the neck and tell her how amazing she is
8. You must ALWAYS take control in the bedroom

1. words mean nothing, show me
2. no. it's nice every once in a while, but I hold the door for people also.
3. ...
4. ...
5. no
6. sometimes. sometimes you did something and I'm pissed off. and sometimes I'm pissed off at something else and want your advice.
7. can't argue with this one :3 don't have to tell me I'm amazing though, I'm just a sucker for affection
8. again, no
39TH STREET
rmtc<3

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

august

thanks for totally ignoring my post about structural differences between the male and female brain which can account for the lack of mathematical interest/competency from the majority of women!

nobody is saying women shouldn't study math at a higher level, all i'm saying the lack of woman in high math/physics is simply a function of their biology and NOT some concerted effort by the men of society to keep them out...

males and females have a lot of biological and hormonal differences...deal with it.

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
august

thanks for totally ignoring my post about structural differences between the male and female brain which can account for the lack of mathematical interest/competency from the majority of women!

nobody is saying women shouldn't study math at a higher level, all i'm saying the lack of woman in high math/physics is simply a function of their biology and NOT some concerted effort by the men of society to keep them out...

males and females have a lot of biological and hormonal differences...deal with it.

Studies done in unbiased environments show that women, on average, are better at math than men. There are more men on the higher achievement end than women though.

Women have also been steadily increasing in math competency, as demonstrated by things like the SAT. If the only issue was aptitude, you wouldn't expect this to be the case.

It isn't a "concerted" effort by men, it's not really conscious at all. It's a whole series of soft prejudices, lack of role models, a male oriented work and education culture. I'm guilty of it myself as an instructor, know it, but don't know what I could do to be better. Throwing it all, or even mostly, down on aptitude is just ignoring a wealth of information to the contrary. Europe has a higher fraction of women in technical fields too. I don't foresee there ever being an equal number of men and women, owing to those subtle biological factors, but it could get a lot close than it is now.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Studies done in unbiased environments show that women, on average, are better at math than men. There are more men on the higher achievement end than women though.

Women have also been steadily increasing in math competency, as demonstrated by things like the SAT. If the only issue was aptitude, you wouldn't expect this to be the case.

It isn't a "concerted" effort by men, it's not really conscious at all. It's a whole series of soft prejudices, lack of role models, a male oriented work and education culture. I'm guilty of it myself as an instructor, know it, but don't know what I could do to be better. Throwing it all, or even mostly, down on aptitude is just ignoring a wealth of information to the contrary. Europe has a higher fraction of women in technical fields too. I don't foresee there ever being an equal number of men and women, owing to those subtle biological factors, but it could get a lot close than it is now.

as long as you acknowledge that there is a biological component and simply isn't the result of supposed "soft" boogeyman biases everywhere and anywhere (despite efforts to reverse this...see favoring of women in applications at MIT) then i don't have much of a problem...

lets face it the majority of men aren't equipped to study anything technical competently at a high level, it only makes sense that the women as a group are slightly less competent relatively...

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas

39TH STREET
rmtc<3

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

typical woman, ignoring opinions she doesn't disagree with

way to live up to yet another stereotype...let me guess it's the fault of your professors because they made a few subtle off hand remarks a few times talking about woman being overly emotional, right sweety?

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by augusttremulous View Post

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:

Actually neurological studies of the brain show a physical location where math is done. It is more developed in men. Men will always dominate math with the occasional female sport placing higher than typical.

While you can do math with general intelligence areas of the brain, without a well developed "math bump" you will always struggle.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

jesus i thought august was better than this

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Damn you are insatiable.

And you are short for words, hiding behind your troll persona. Although the whole slurp slurp thing made me

Quote:
Redrum believes in the white-oppression theory, despite all evidence to the contrary that things in this country are still far better for while males than any other group.

He claims his life is peachy but still feels opressed or whatever you want to call it. Hmm.

Quote:
90% of young women aged 14 to 24 care about nothing except watching jersey shore and going to a club every weekend to get drunk out of their minds, no amount of social engineering will ever change this

And what ass-pulled percentage of young men do all this?

Quote:
take a look around you

the average person is getting lazier, stupider, and more entitled by the day

how many people do you meet who want to talk about anything other than the local sports teams? how many people are cognizant of basic facts about history, economics, or politics?

idiocracy here we come.

It's the other way around. We HAD idiocracy when these lazy entitled aristocrats - american version of royalty - were literally doing nothing while slaves did the physical labor. We stepped away from that and traditionally the United States is known for people-first policies like trust busting and anti-monopoly legislation. Then in the 70s backing coorporations was declared as the cool new thing to do with this magic concept of something trickling down and shit started to go in reverse. Middle class slowly shrank. Wealth gap widened. Debt increased.

We are reverting to idiocracy like you suspect, but it's because of the greedy lobbyist handjob republican "leadership"

Edit:

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
He claims his life is peachy but still feels opressed or whatever you want to call it. Hmm.

i'm not complaining about oppression. i'm complaining about the logical extremes of affirmative action programs that favor woman and minorities. where should it end? should one woman be allowed to go on submarine service for six months, surrounded by a submarine full of men the whole time? should top tier special forces units in the military lower their standards so more blacks can make it in? should fire departments lower their physical requirements exam for women? should police tests be made easier so more black and other minorities can pass it?

if you've answered no to any of these questions you should stop voting democrat, because thanks to the democrats you love so much it's already happened...

it's not so much about complaining about oppression as it is pondering the disastrous long term effects such policies can have on american institutions that rely on their members having a half a brain. if you had half a brain that wasn't stuck up obama's asshole, you'd realize this is what i am getting at. not supposed oppression at the hands of minorities. but of course you're brain dead, and a partisan hack, and more concerned about throwing half baked ad hominems in my direction over actually thinking for a whole consecutive 15 seconds...

[H]ard|On

Quote:
i'm not complaining about oppression. i'm complaining about the logical extremes of affirmative action programs that favor woman and minorities. where should it end? should one woman be allowed to go on submarine service for six months, surrounded by a submarine full of men the whole time? should top tier special forces units in the military lower their standards so more blacks can make it in? should fire departments lower their physical requirements exam for women? should police tests be made easier so more black and other minorities can pass it?

if you've answered no to any of these questions you should stop voting democrat, because thanks to the democrats you love so much it's already happened...

it's not so much about complaining about oppression as it is pondering the disastrous long term effects such policies can have on american institutions that rely on their members having a half a brain. if you had half a brain that wasn't stuck up obama's asshole, you'd realize this is what i am get at. not supposed oppression at the hands of minorities. but of course you're brain dead, and a partisan hack...

I may be brain dead but I certainly don't think any of that matters. Yes there are women cops, I wish there was more of them. Last time I got pulled over by a younger blond chick she let me go with a motherly warning. It was bad ass.

You're freaking out about how other people are being treated. What is the point? Worry about how you are being treated. Did a woman get picked over you when you tried to join the local PD or something? There's more than a chip on your shoulder based on reading this thread.

You're sort of mysogenistic and racist all rolled into one. And you're surprised I pigeon-holed you as the right winger that you really are?

Edit: when is the last time you got some gine?

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

nobody cares if a black guy uses AA to get a job with goldman sachs.

we run into a problem when that same black guy gets a job as a police officer with AA.

or if a woman becomes a fire righter without being able to lift 100 lbs.

if you really think lowering standards in institutions that NEED to maintain a certain standard to remain effective at what they do in the name of diversity is a good thing then you're either trolling or are absolutely retarded.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
nobody cares if a black guy uses AA to get a job with goldman sachs.

we run into a problem when that same black guy gets a job as a police officer with AA.

or if a woman becomes a fire righter without being able to lift 100 lbs.

if you really think lowering standards in institutions that NEED to maintain a certain standard to remain effective at what they do in the name of diversity is a good thing then you're either trolling or are absolutely retarded.

There's some truth to this, but The Big Picture is what I'm after - if our economy is a hot air ballon which is descending, you propose that we worry about throwing pencils and jackets out first, while there are obvious sand bags hanging off the railing.

The country is involved in a lot of shit right now. How much some chick can lift at a fire department is seriously a bottom of the barrel issue. Honestly so is gun control. I don't live in a high crime area, I could give a shit about being able to shoot at people.

You are falling for the republican jedi mind tricks again. They wave their hand and tell you to worry about race, gender, religion and sexual orientation as the real perils of society... while you do that they plunder the treasury.