General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
not at all

you're thinking of objectivism
__________________
lol
Old 08-26-2011, 10:05 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#106  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
a rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-26-2011, 10:08 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#107  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
yeah i really have trouble seeing how you connect producerism to ayn rand's hyper libertarian

Producerists tend to support skilled-craft trade unions, as organizations of "ordinary men" creating goods beneficial to society, but oppose left-wing, revolutionary unions or those that claim to speak for the lower ranks of society in general. National, industrial corporations, that is, those that produce tangible goods in domestic facilities, are viewed favorably, while international, globalized companies that engage in outsourcing, "sending jobs abroad" or those that earn their profits from the abstract financial world are treated with hostility in producerist circles. This disposition is sometimes referred to as "business nationalism." High tariffs and protectionist policies are regarded as not only beneficial to workers, but essential to the long-term survival of the domestic economy to counter the predatory practices of currency manipulation and illegal trade practices.
__________________
lol
Old 08-26-2011, 10:10 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#108  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
"Producerism, sometimes referred to as "producer radicalism," is a right-wing populist ideology which holds that the productive members of society are being exploited by parasitic elements at both the top and bottom of the social and economic structure." = Ayn Rand in a nutshell.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-26-2011, 10:10 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#109  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
not at all really

ayn rand only considers the people at the bottom to be parasites, and people at the top to be paragon of the free market...

producerism strikes a happy medium between socialism and laisez fair to me...

whereas ayn rand believe in complete laize fair and the rest should starve
__________________
lol
Old 08-26-2011, 10:12 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#110  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyes View Post


I get that you prefer soundbites rather than speaking to the issue.

I am 52 years old. I predate soundbites. Your criticism is a copy of a soundbite. Which means that is what you prefer as long as the sound bite favors your preconceived values.

When I was a young teen the republicans were the bad guys. Truly heartless SOB's that thought a buck and change was all anyone merited. Long after reasonable entry level wages were double that. But this was also at the time when a big corporation was still headed by the founders and not some scumbag raider that had no concern for the future of the company.

Somewhere along the line the PC crowd and the internationalist law groups took over the democrat party and they have become the bad guy. They pander to the most uneducated base to get votes and pass bread and circus acts to garner more favor from the uneducated thats why they champion the illegal aliens thugs and the dwindling union scum.

Pay attention. I will get into international trade problems further in the series.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 08-26-2011, 10:12 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#111  

RedEyes
Boner Provider
 
RedEyes's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
I am 52 years old. I predate soundbites. Your criticism is a copy of a soundbite. Which means that is what you prefer as long as the sound bite favors your preconceived values.

When I was a young teen the republicans were the bad guys. Truly heartless SOB's that thought a buck and change was all anyone merited. Long after reasonable entry level wages were double that. But this was also at the time when a big corporation was still headed by the founders and not some scumbag raider that had no concern for the future of the company.

Somewhere along the line the PC crowd and the internationalist law groups took over the democrat party and they have become the bad guy. They pander to the most uneducated base to get votes and pass bread and circus acts to garner more favor from the uneducated thats why they champion the illegal aliens thugs and the dwindling union scum.

Pay attention. I will get into international trade problems further in the series.

You keep trying to change the issue, re defining the line of attack. If we let you reframe the arguement, of course you can't help but "win"

But that's not what this is about.

Those who stick to the issues see you for what you are and for your failure to do so.
__________________
RIP BS Pegasus
10/20/06 NEVAR FORGET


We will make contact with this frequency every twelve hours. Prepare sitrep for command authority. Have hope. We're coming for you.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:32 PM RedEyes is offline  
Reply With Quote
#112  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
what the fuck are you talking about?

We got rid of the OP on response 1. The rest is people with moderate to severe cognitive dissonance posting like they have a clue. Where is yours?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#113  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
a rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet.

Still smells like bullshit to me.





















Old 08-27-2011, 12:42 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#114  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
true, but you guys need to start standing up and saying that before the fucking wingnuts run away with your party and ruin it.

also, you need to realize that there are a lot of people who take what those "entertainers" say for gospel truths.

We'll get right on that.




Just as soon as you do the same to your party's s
Old 08-27-2011, 12:44 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#115  

JCviggen
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
They pander to the most uneducated base to get votes

As opposed to "republicans" who do what exactly? The nonsense coming out of politicians' -in general- mouths these days is mind boggling.

It's not going to get any better. People are getting more stupid, not less. Well the (few) smart get smarter while the (majority) dumb get dumber.

Obvious blame here I would lay on the media in general. Most of them dumb things down to infinity, quick cheap "entertaining" news that sells and little to no intelligent debate because that would turn off the at this point moronic viewers/readers and send them in hordes to whatever network is having a dumber program that day cheerleading for party X or Y.

And to come full circle, you simply cannot be a successful politician these days without spouting a whole lot of senational populist BS. Hence, the voters get the candidates they deserve. End result, real problems cannot be solved if there exists no popular solution. The only way is to try kicking the problems down the road and hang onto one's job as long as possible.
__________________
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:51 AM JCviggen is offline  
Reply With Quote
#116  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCviggen View Post
As opposed to "republicans" who do what exactly? The nonsense coming out of politicians' -in general- mouths these days is mind boggling.

It's not going to get any better. People are getting more stupid, not less. Well the (few) smart get smarter while the (majority) dumb get dumber.

Obvious blame here I would lay on the media in general. Most of them dumb things down to infinity, quick cheap "entertaining" news that sells and little to no intelligent debate because that would turn off the at this point moronic viewers/readers and send them in hordes to whatever network is having a dumber program that day cheerleading for party X or Y.

And to come full circle, you simply cannot be a successful politician these days without spouting a whole lot of senational populist BS. Hence, the voters get the candidates they deserve. End result, real problems cannot be solved if there exists no popular solution. The only way is to try kicking the problems down the road and hang onto one's job as long as possible.

holy shit, someone gets it.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:55 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#117  

crumbaker
 
crumbaker's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Remember that socialist takeover of the health care system? (AKA: the individual mandate to buy private insurance)

Yeah. That's the republican health care plan from 1993 or the mitt romney plan from mass.

Are the republicans socialist?

Is mandating that people buy private for profit insurance socialism?



We live in retarded times.

This is the thing, you can't argue with complete morons. What's the point? Anyone who believes in a specific deity will never be able to undertsand basic comprehension(well basic to many of us here). I don't know what the answer is. We can't even begin to have a serious discussion about what the correct path is, new ideas are completely dismissed. We just rehash the same arguments over and over.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:11 AM crumbaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
#118  

Vote McCain!
Retardism
 
Vote McCain!'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
this is america they're free to do that, it's not a statist shithole where you can't criticize the government like soviet union

I bet dear leader Gaddahfi would let you do that in Libya
Old 08-27-2011, 05:01 PM Vote McCain! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#119  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post
I bet dear leader Gaddahfi would let you do that in Libya



i'm not particularly pro ghadafi...just see him as the lesser of two evils (islamic government)...i also respect some of the social policy he pushed for within libya. i also respect him greatly for calling out the UN in the way the ICTY deals with war criminals.

but do i LOVE the guy? not really. it's just that the minute the MSM starts to demonize a person like that i tend to do as much research about them as possible to form my own opinion...
__________________
lol
Old 08-27-2011, 05:53 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#120  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:27 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.