General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
mrk
 
Oh yeah? ! 3 doors man = best



Old 07-05-2008, 12:15 PM mrk is offline  
Reply With Quote
#196  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Fraggster
 












__________________
1986 Mustang LX Coupe 5.0TT
1987 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3T
Old 07-05-2008, 01:22 PM Fraggster is offline  
Reply With Quote
#197  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Work:


Play:
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-05-2008, 04:33 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#198  

It's Not My Baby
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Work:


Play:

__________________
VW
Old 07-05-2008, 05:10 PM It's Not My Baby is offline  
Reply With Quote
#199  

blix
 
My ride

Old 07-05-2008, 06:04 PM blix is offline  
Reply With Quote
#200  

evildre
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstokes View Post
How do you like it? I had an '06 Civic Coupe for a little over a week (it's a friend's) and loved the little thing.. Can't help but wonder how they are in hybrid form...

In terms of dynamics it feels the same as the other non-Si Civic sedans ... handling is more "sloshy" than the coupe, most definitely. The hybrid is down 30HP from the other sedans, which is a consequence of the 1.3L engine under the hood (rather than the standard 1.8), and it is definitely noticeable. The CVT is also interesting -- acceleration sounds more like a chainsaw than a car -- but I've driven a CVT-equipped car before so it doesn't bother me. Brakes are quite sensitive too, but I'm not sure if this is because it's a new car or if it's due to the regenerative braking system; I notice a lot more brake travel in other cars I drive. You also lose about 2 cubic feet in the trunk (compared to the non-hybrid models) to the battery. Furthermore, a moonroof isn't available on the hybrid.

That said, you get used to the above points quite quickly -- I don't even have 5000 miles on the thing yet and am quite used to it. Been used to it since about 1500 miles ... once you get used to it, driving becomes a game -- keep the instantaneous fuel economy display as far to the right (or left, if you're in l/100km country) as you can, for as long as you can. My average mileage per tank is increasing as I learn to optimize my acceleration/braking strategies: I'm up to a 43.6MPG average (mostly city driving) so far, without pissing off everyone else on the road

It does some cool little things here and there too ... the engine shuts off when you come to a complete stop, which isn't that nice at a stop sign but is great at intersections with long red lights. There's a little gauge right next to the tach that shows you when the electric motor is assisting, and when the batteries are recharging -- it's not a big, annoying diagram like the one in the Prius.

I chose the Civic Hybrid because it looks like a normal car, and it doesn't have "hybrid" written all over it. Unless you know the Civic model line you can't distinguish between this one and a Civic LX ... distinguishing features are the antenna, the wheels, the little spoiler, the blinkers on the rear-view mirrors, and the single hybrid badge on the trunk. The badge is easy to remove, too, so you can make it look that much more like a normal Civic if you want.

So ... if you can get used to a sedan that doesn't handle as well as the coupe, isn't as fast as the other members of its family, and has a bunch of other little quirks, go for it.
__________________
What would Raptor Jesus do?
Old 07-05-2008, 11:01 PM evildre is offline  
Reply With Quote
#201  

Squeeky
My love muffin <3 Pinkys Avenger
 
Squeeky's Avatar
 
The gas guzzling work truck:
Ford Ranger, (3.0L V6), 111k mi.



The weekend toy:
07 Kawi 650r 11k mi.

__________________
Gen[M]ay [M]otorcyclist club - 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
Gen[M]ay Ranger club - 2002 Ford Ranger XLT
Pooldude of Team OWK
Old 07-05-2008, 11:11 PM Squeeky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#202  

Kase
It's KIDDIE porn not KITTY porn :tard:
 
Kase's Avatar
 
Old 07-06-2008, 12:16 AM Kase is offline  
Reply With Quote
#203  

kstokes
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildre View Post
In terms of dynamics it feels the same as the other non-Si Civic sedans ... handling is more "sloshy" than the coupe, most definitely. The hybrid is down 30HP from the other sedans, which is a consequence of the 1.3L engine under the hood (rather than the standard 1.8), and it is definitely noticeable. The CVT is also interesting -- acceleration sounds more like a chainsaw than a car -- but I've driven a CVT-equipped car before so it doesn't bother me. Brakes are quite sensitive too, but I'm not sure if this is because it's a new car or if it's due to the regenerative braking system; I notice a lot more brake travel in other cars I drive. You also lose about 2 cubic feet in the trunk (compared to the non-hybrid models) to the battery. Furthermore, a moonroof isn't available on the hybrid.

That said, you get used to the above points quite quickly -- I don't even have 5000 miles on the thing yet and am quite used to it. Been used to it since about 1500 miles ... once you get used to it, driving becomes a game -- keep the instantaneous fuel economy display as far to the right (or left, if you're in l/100km country) as you can, for as long as you can. My average mileage per tank is increasing as I learn to optimize my acceleration/braking strategies: I'm up to a 43.6MPG average (mostly city driving) so far, without pissing off everyone else on the road

It does some cool little things here and there too ... the engine shuts off when you come to a complete stop, which isn't that nice at a stop sign but is great at intersections with long red lights. There's a little gauge right next to the tach that shows you when the electric motor is assisting, and when the batteries are recharging -- it's not a big, annoying diagram like the one in the Prius.

I chose the Civic Hybrid because it looks like a normal car, and it doesn't have "hybrid" written all over it. Unless you know the Civic model line you can't distinguish between this one and a Civic LX ... distinguishing features are the antenna, the wheels, the little spoiler, the blinkers on the rear-view mirrors, and the single hybrid badge on the trunk. The badge is easy to remove, too, so you can make it look that much more like a normal Civic if you want.

So ... if you can get used to a sedan that doesn't handle as well as the coupe, isn't as fast as the other members of its family, and has a bunch of other little quirks, go for it.

Neat. The brakes sound like typical 8th gen Civic brakes (or new Honda brakes in general...) - they're touchy. You get used to 'em quickly enough...

And yup, they don't scream hybrid at all. If you know the civic lineup, you can pick them off by simple seeing the pie-plate wheels, with painted door handles. The DX-Gs have the same pie-plates, but the handles aren't painted.

I wouldn't be the person to buy a hybrid (I'll take an Si..hehe), but it's good to hear good things about them
__________________
in the end, it all comes down to 0 and 1.
'01 Honda S2000 - Sleeping for winter
'03 Acura RSX - I love my daily driver.
'95 Nissan Maxima - why do I still own you?
Old 07-06-2008, 02:00 AM kstokes is offline  
Reply With Quote
#204  

cokezeroholic
 
cokezeroholic's Avatar
 
I ride this full time


This only when it really rainy, I have to go to the store, or it's my wife and I riding around.
__________________
There are doorways I haven't opened, and windows I've yet to look through. Going forward may not be the answer ... maybe I should go back.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:47 AM cokezeroholic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#205  

evildre
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstokes View Post
Neat. The brakes sound like typical 8th gen Civic brakes (or new Honda brakes in general...) - they're touchy. You get used to 'em quickly enough...

And yup, they don't scream hybrid at all. If you know the civic lineup, you can pick them off by simple seeing the pie-plate wheels, with painted door handles. The DX-Gs have the same pie-plates, but the handles aren't painted.

I wouldn't be the person to buy a hybrid (I'll take an Si..hehe), but it's good to hear good things about them

I dunno, the LX's brakes had a bit more travel than the Hybrid's ... and they don't make the clicking and whirring noises the hybrid's make We don't get the DX-G here in the States, though ... we have DX, LX, EX, EX-L, Hybrid, GX, and Si.
__________________
What would Raptor Jesus do?
Old 07-06-2008, 10:32 AM evildre is offline  
Reply With Quote
#206  

Dolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Grabbed a pic off of google since I'm too lazy to take a pic of my car. Same car/color though.



Not fancy like some of you rich fucks (you rich fuckers) but I love this car.
__________________
Fuckin 39k's.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:29 AM Dolphin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#207  

whatthedil
 
^ Same as above...googled for pics. Just got the car and don't have any pics yet, need to get some though. Same model same color as the picture, mine doesn't have those buldges under the headlamps though...I assume washer nozzles?



1800 miles so far and I am pretty happy with it. Had a WRX for almost 7 years before this.
__________________
849082054a677d64a2a4c3aacf4e0335
Old 07-06-2008, 11:39 AM whatthedil is offline  
Reply With Quote
#208  

Lantec
PozMcAIDS_McFaggotPants
 
Lantec's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthedil View Post
^ Same as above...googled for pics. Just got the car and don't have any pics yet, need to get some though. Same model same color as the picture, mine doesn't have those buldges under the headlamps though...I assume washer nozzles?



1800 miles so far and I am pretty happy with it. Had a WRX for almost 7 years before this.

My dad has one in china and he loves it

I haven't driven it yet but I assume it drives like a taller, torquier version of my wrx
__________________
Lantec
Member of the [M] Cantonese (廣東話) Crew, an umbrella corporation that includes 中山, 东莞, 台山, 潮州, 客家, etc.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:48 AM Lantec is offline  
Reply With Quote
#209  

whatthedil
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantec View Post
My dad has one in china and he loves it

I haven't driven it yet but I assume it drives like a taller, torquier version of my wrx

Pretty much spot on. Underneath it all, it is just an impreza...

The steering is a lot different, for the worse, and the stocker Yoko Geolanders do not instill a lot of confidence. Never thought I would say Potenza re92s would be the better OEM tire, lol.
__________________
849082054a677d64a2a4c3aacf4e0335
Old 07-06-2008, 12:26 PM whatthedil is offline  
Reply With Quote
#210  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.