General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Dyno
Come hither Sancho Panza, I have need of my Lance
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly
Anyway, once you do actually research what you write, you'll find that the Jaafari government supports the sectarian violent militias.

You come off as a complete idiot a couple times per day and this is one of those times. If you read the article I posted above (which I know you didn't) you would have read that one of the reasons Bush disapproves of al-Jaafari is because he's been soft on disbanding the militias and is trying to incorporate them into Iraqi forces (which have had less that desirable results.)

So bascially you're telling us something we already know. Something that I already posted. Thanks for nothing.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:49 PM Dyno is offline  
Reply With Quote
#181  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Badger_sly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno
You come off as a complete idiot a couple times per day and this is one of those times. If you read the article I posted above (which I know you didn't) you would have read that one of the reasons Bush disapproves of al-Jaafari is because he's been soft on disbanding the militias and is trying to incorporate them into Iraqi forces (which have had less that desirable results.)

So bascially you're telling us something we already know. Something that I already posted. Thanks for nothing.
Reading comprehension, poor Dyno.

"sectarian violent militias" = bad, dangerous people. Remember that lesson for today.

Besides, the US government will let Jaafari sit. Basically, our President was saying that he doesn't like Jaafari because of his violent connections, and will be keeping a closer watch on him. That's it.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:47 PM Badger_sly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#182  

grinr
Gen[M]ay Bitch
 
Better.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:42 PM grinr is offline  
Reply With Quote
#183  

Dyno
Come hither Sancho Panza, I have need of my Lance
 
You are such an idiot Badger. You have nothing worthwhile to say, no matter how many chances you take.

Over 900 people died in Iraq in March alone. The effect this has had on the survivors is... they flee. Tens of thousands of Iraqis have fled their homes out of fear of execution.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/02/wo...html?th&emc=th

But wait! Good news! One business is booming among the Iraqi citizenry. Terrorist insurance? No that's old news. GUNS are being bought and sold at unprecedented rates as Iraqi women arm themselves in case of attack. AK 47s and grenades are the biggest sellers which I'm sure will result in a peaceful resolution in all things.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/02/wo...html?th&emc=th

Meanwhile Parliment remains paralyzed as the Shiites fracture. Some are demanding the resignation of Ibrahim al-Jaafari because of his failure to bring about a unified government. The truth is however al-Jaafari feels no compulsion to step down because he has the backing of Moktada al-Sadr and his Mahdi Army, probably the most powerful militia in Iraq and chef instigator in Sunni attacks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/03/wo...html?th&emc=th

Is any of this good news to the delusional? Do they have any news articles to present to us or is it going to be another round of lame insults and factless redirect?
Old 04-03-2006, 08:45 AM Dyno is offline  
Reply With Quote
#184  

Badger_sly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno
.....But wait! Good news! One business is booming among the Iraqi citizenry. Terrorist insurance?
As I taught you in that other thread, it's insurance, a business. Insurance pops up anywhere a business can make a buck. It's nothing new.

Quote:
Meanwhile Parliment remains paralyzed as the Shiites fracture. Some are demanding the resignation of Ibrahim al-Jaafari because of his failure to bring about a unified government....
Ah! Even you are posting how Iraqis in their government want the dangerous Jaafari gone.

According to you though, those Iraqis must be wrong because the far-left NY Times tells you so.............

Blogs + NY Times............ blogs + NY Times.........
Old 04-03-2006, 02:03 PM Badger_sly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#185  

Dyno
Come hither Sancho Panza, I have need of my Lance
 
You never get tired of spinning your own shitty, eh there clown? Yes, I read the New York Times. What do you read? Nothing it seems. Does reading make your little head hurt? Ahh well, let's continue.

Nine American soliders dead in Iraq yesterday; four from attacks, five in an accident. It's the highest daily death toll since January. If the numbers are to be believed the reprieve in American deaths seems to be waning and soldiers are now dying at a faster rate than in previous months.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/04/wo...html?th&emc=th
Old 04-04-2006, 06:18 AM Dyno is offline  
Reply With Quote
#186  

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest
 
arthur pendragon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno
I never get tired of spinning my own shitty

Fixt to correctly reflect Dyno...........
__________________
[url]www.mp3.com.au/stephenwalker/[/url]


It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion
Old 04-04-2006, 04:30 PM arthur pendragon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#187  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
*clap clap*
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 04-04-2006, 04:39 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#188  

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest
 
arthur pendragon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw Man
*clap clap*

I hear that tetracycline will clear that right up.............
__________________
[url]www.mp3.com.au/stephenwalker/[/url]


It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion
Old 04-04-2006, 04:50 PM arthur pendragon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#189  

Badger_sly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno
...Yes, I read the New York Times.
And that is why you are stuck with that far-left, anti-American attitude. You've become what you read.

Quote:
...If the numbers are to be believed the reprieve in American deaths seems to be waning and soldiers are now dying at a faster rate than in previous months.
Have you completed your latest cheer to celebrate that news?
Old 04-05-2006, 11:08 AM Badger_sly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#190  

Dyno
Come hither Sancho Panza, I have need of my Lance
 
Another day, another serious bombing on a holy site. Only this time it's happened in Moktada al-Sadr's neighbourhood. I'm sure he's in a very calm mood now and peace shall reign as a direct result.... not.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/07/wo...html?th&emc=th

This is the sentence that jumped out at me.

Quote:
After the blast, lieutenants in the Mahdi Army, the militia loyal to Mr. Sadr, gathered in Al Hay mosque in Najaf and urged their foot soldiers to be patient pending further guidance from their top commanders.
So now we are talking about coordination in the face of an attack. A more organized response through a chain of command rather than random gang reprisal. Something we would in fact see a proper army do.

Quote:
In Karbala, another Shiite holy city north of Najaf, the governor, Akeel al-Khuzai, said he was suspending relations with the American authorities to protest the detention of two people suspected of belonging to the Mahdi Army, Iraqi officials said.
As well, the breakdown in communication that has been occurring in the Iraqi government headquarters in Bagdad is spreading to other cities. This is sure to increase lawlessness in the countryside.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:44 AM Dyno is offline  
Reply With Quote
#191  

Dyno
Come hither Sancho Panza, I have need of my Lance
 
Found an interesting interview. Sorry, no link.

Originally Posted by LA Daily News

Eric Haney, a retired Command Sergeant Major of the U.S. Army, was a founding member of Delta Force, the military's elite covert operations unit.

In a recent interview with LA Daily News, he tears the Bush administration to peices over its handling of Iraq, Abu Ghraib and the general Post-9/11 situation. Because he was involved in action related to these very subjects, he carries unique legitimacy and credibility. His words will confirm this.

Q: What's your assessment of the war in Iraq?

A: Utter debacle. But it had to be from the very first. The reasons were wrong. The reasons of this administration for taking this nation to war were not what they stated. (Army Gen.) Tommy Franks was brow-beaten and pursued warfare that he knew strategically was wrong in the long term. That's why he retired immediately afterward. His own staff could tell him what was going to happen afterward.

We have fomented civil war in Iraq. We have probably fomented internecine war in the Muslim world between the Shias and the Sunnis, and I think Bush may well have started the third world war, all for their own personal policies.

Q: What is the cost to our country?

A: For the first thing, our credibility is utterly zero. So we destroyed whatever credibility we had. ... And I say "we," because the American public went along with this. They voted for a second Bush administration out of fear, so fear is what they're going to have from now on.

Our military is completely consumed, so were there a real threat - thankfully, there is no real threat to the U.S. in the world, but were there one, we couldn't confront it. Right now, that may not be a bad thing, because that keeps Bush from trying something with Iran or with Venezuela.

The harm that has been done is irreparable. There are more than 2,000 American kids that have been killed. Tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis have been killed which no one in the U.S. really cares about those people, do they? I never hear anybody lament that fact. It has been a horror, and this administration has worked overtime to divert the American public's attention from it. Their lies are coming home to roost now, and it's gonna fall apart. But somebody's gonna have to clear up the aftermath and the harm that it's done just to what America stands for. It may be two or three generations in repairing.

Q: What do you make of the torture debate? Cheney ...

A: (Interrupting) That's Cheney's pursuit. The only reason anyone tortures is because they like to do it. It's about vengeance, it's about revenge, or it's about cover-up. You don't gain intelligence that way. Everyone in the world knows that. It's worse than small-minded, and look what it does.

I've argued this on Bill O'Reilly and other Fox News shows. I ask, who would you want to pay to be a torturer? Do you want someone that the American public pays to torture? He's an employee of yours. It's worse than ridiculous. It's criminal; it's utterly criminal. This administration has been masters of diverting attention away from real issues and debating the silly. Debating what constitutes torture: Mistreatment of helpless people in your power is torture, period. And (I'm saying this as) a man who has been involved in the most pointed of our activities. I know it, and all of my mates know it. You don't do it. It's an act of cowardice. I hear apologists for torture say, "Well, they do it to us." Which is a ludicrous argument. ... The Saddam Husseins of the world are not our teachers. Christ almighty, we wrote a Constitution saying what's legal and what we believed in. Now we're going to throw it away.

Q: As someone who repeatedly put your life on the line, did some of the most hair-raising things to protect your country, and to see your country behave this way, that must be ...

A: It's pretty galling. But ultimately I believe in the good and the decency of the American people, and they're starting to see what's happening and the lies that have been told. We're seeing this current house of cards start to flutter away. The American people come around. They always do.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:44 AM Dyno is offline  
Reply With Quote
#192  

Dyno
Come hither Sancho Panza, I have need of my Lance
 
Big attack at a Shia mosque by Sunnis, 79 DEAD, 164 INJURED.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/nation...gs-060407.html

The attacks are coming from all sides now.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:50 PM Dyno is offline  
Reply With Quote
#193  

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest
 
arthur pendragon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno
Big attack at a Shia mosque by Sunnis, 79 DEAD, 164 INJURED.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/nation...gs-060407.html

The attacks are coming from all sides now.

With any luck they will find their way to Canada soon and we will all read the glorious news of your demise......
__________________
[url]www.mp3.com.au/stephenwalker/[/url]


It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion
Old 04-08-2006, 04:55 PM arthur pendragon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#194  

Impulse Rxn
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno
The only reason anyone tortures is because they like to do it. It's about vengeance, it's about revenge, or it's about cover-up. You don't gain intelligence that way. Everyone in the world knows that. It's worse than small-minded, and look what it does.


This sentence makes the rest of the article baseless. Torture doesn't gain intelligence? Give me a break.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:53 AM Impulse Rxn is offline  
Reply With Quote
#195  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:14 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.