General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
I think Nietsche summed up all of Christianity in one simple quote.

"There was only one Christian and they crucified him"
-Nietzsche

beautiful

I've repeated that to Christians in real life. It appears to be the ultimate argument against it. I suggest you all try it all out as well.

Because following that is the unconscious thought 'But I'm the new Christ" in the Christian mind. Which every Christian is too afraid of that. But that is invariably the purpose of religion, the purpose of Buddhism is to attain 'buddhahood' The state of being Buddha yourself. Christianity just has this underlying metaphysical mechanism programmed into it to make it's people think that being Christ is wrong.

So you can just repeat it back? Your what? Christian? There was only one of those and he got crucified. How are you a -Christ- -in-... I see you doing nothing of Christ in you, your lying.

What your a -Christ- -in? Lets see some of that ability then? What, all I see is perturbment in you. Christ certainly wasn't perturbed. You sir are full of shit, I suggest you throw that Bible away it seems to be doing you nothing good.

Lets make this thread one to discuss arguments against Christians and REFINE them, consider everyone up to date. Only post if your gonna refine and make them quicker, more concise and sharp. Using long witty talks like Richard Dawkins isn't gonna do anything but make a Christian think your trying to be facetious for fun. You actually need to develop arguments to demonstrate a deep seated hatred to monotheism.

The Christians that come in here, lets use them as test subjects for these simple lines. Try to keep them at no more than a sentence or so. Really, if Monotheism is so wrong, it should not be so hard to argue against and make it obvious you won. Dawkins got the ball rolling, but the arguments need to be simplified, sharper and more concise.

ideas?

and if you want a notion of how 'God', the metaphor to the real thing, can exist without Christianity or any religion, read my post at the top of this page http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=752445&page=12
I think a big step to getting rid of monotheism is not trying to get rid of what they call 'God' but just getting rid of the and dogma surrounding what they call God
because really, has the concept of God by itself done anything horrible? No... it's when some fuckers try to use that concept of God to enforce dogma or religion. Fight the dogma and religion first. If you can get rid of that then you'll get to the nitty gritties of the metaphor 'God' and can maybe destroy that as well. Don't go straight for the core, it's too diffucult, dig through some of the outer layers of dogma first.
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR

Last edited by ry_goody; 10-21-2007 at 06:00 PM..
Old 10-21-2007, 05:54 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
fuck you
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 10-21-2007, 05:56 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
fuck you

fuck me
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 10-21-2007, 06:01 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

isugoat
 
we get it. eastern religion > western religion.
there is no need to create the same thread every time you're tripping. seriously. we get it.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:22 PM isugoat is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

Epidemic
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
but the arguments need to be simplified, sharper and more concise.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:29 PM Epidemic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
I'm sorry..think my shroom trip is finally kicking in. Were you saying something?
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 10-21-2007, 06:33 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

Free_Willy
 
Free_Willy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
fuck me

Hes a troll fuck him.

As for what youre saying, youre right. History has turned what simply "being good" is into a religion.

If we can eliminate Jesus to what he was - a *figure in a fucking allegorical story* with no historical support that he existed and transform "him" into a simple list of "this is what good people do" with no religion about it, things would be alot more simple, one can be held against that said list without political/religious agendas getting in the way (you either are or are not behaving according to the good list)... and the world would be alot less deadly because the religions would be utterly irrelevant, and elements of every one of them are boiled into a single list to judge people and nations against without the risk of it being turned into a religion. Problem fucking solved.

Let the last king be strangled by the entrails of the last priest!
__________________
"It's a jungle here--right now we're advising our clients to put all they can into canned goods and shotguns!"

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:36 PM Free_Willy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH
 
Escaped Gorilla Genitals's Avatar
 
Yeah, you sure showed those Christians *wastes life taking shrooms and being schizophrenic*
Old 10-21-2007, 06:38 PM Escaped Gorilla Genitals is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Yeah, you sure showed those Christians *wastes life taking shrooms and being schizophrenic*

This is a hint about life just for you.

You know your using your brain fully, sober, when your seeing and hearing what your thinking.

Never forget the synaethsiatic nature of the mind. It's a function that exists for a reason.

How could a musician write music if he couldn't hear it in his head? How could a painter paint if he couldn't see it? How could a philosopher contemplate reality in his head, if he didn't see his head in reality?
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 10-21-2007, 06:44 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoat View Post
we get it. eastern religion > western religion.
there is no need to create the same thread every time you're tripping. seriously. we get it.

all monotheism should die

apply that to existence however you'd like, but don't assume you know what I'm thinking until you've applied it correctly

don't merely HOPE im talking about eastern religion
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 10-21-2007, 06:45 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
Hes a troll fuck him.

As for what youre saying, youre right. History has turned what simply "being good" is into a religion.

If we can eliminate Jesus to what he was - a *figure in a fucking allegorical story* with no historical support that he existed and transform "him" into a simple list of "this is what good people do" with no religion about it, things would be alot more simple, one can be held against that said list without political/religious agendas getting in the way (you either are or are not behaving according to the good list)... and the world would be alot less deadly because the religions would be utterly irrelevant, and elements of every one of them are boiled into a single list to judge people and nations against without the risk of it being turned into a religion. Problem fucking solved.

Let the last king be strangled by the entrails of the last priest!

I kind of agree with the last line in a sense, I'm just not sure do you conspiracy loonies and LSD freaks pass the queue before we get to priests though

oh and fuck you too
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 10-21-2007, 06:51 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
Hes a troll fuck him.

As for what youre saying, youre right. History has turned what simply "being good" is into a religion.

If we can eliminate Jesus to what he was - a *figure in a fucking allegorical story* with no historical support that he existed and transform "him" into a simple list of "this is what good people do" with no religion about it, things would be alot more simple, one can be held against that said list without political/religious agendas getting in the way (you either are or are not behaving according to the good list)... and the world would be alot less deadly because the religions would be utterly irrelevant, and elements of every one of them are boiled into a single list to judge people and nations against without the risk of it being turned into a religion. Problem fucking solved.

Let the last king be strangled by the entrails of the last priest!

Aww a bleak of possible sanity.

But... a list of what to do's... Where to start with that?

I mean I think Ken Kesey tried to do that with 'let everyone do their own freak you see, just let them do their own thing, if his freak is kickin ass then let him kick some ass, if his freak is getting his ass kicked then let him get his ass kicked'. etc

but how to expand it and make more sense of it? Following a list of rules on a piece of paper is still functioning through metaphor, like a Christian. People would need to feel it, have it integrate to them.

I was thinking about possibly a reformation of the english language. How Robert Anton Wilson came up with e-Prime. Read about it here http://www.rawilson.com/quantum.html

I pondered, it's a good first step, recognizing everything in 'maybe logic', identifying the states of perception in the statement that make the 'is'. But if the ultimate goal is of peace, love and oneness. It would need to be expanded beyond mere full observation of external, no? It would need to be expanded into full observation of the -us-. So I theorized the possibility of E-One, english one. Where you reform everything you say to point out that we are all one conciousness. How to start with that, I'm not too sure.

I was trying to formulate a structure for it in AIM with my friend
him: they were crazy people
me: crazy people are just people
him: ones I'd rather avoid
me: i dont like to avoid people
him: well u are stronger then i in that aspect
me: no u

perhaps? whats next
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 10-21-2007, 06:54 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
I kind of agree with the last line in a sense, I'm just not sure do you conspiracy loonies and LSD freaks pass the queue before we get to priests though

oh and fuck you too

Your nothing more than being 5 feet away from my little squirt gun of LSD in joining the hive mind of LSD freaks

two drops... two drops... think about it... two drops... two drops... think about it
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 10-21-2007, 06:57 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
Your nothing more than being 5 feet away from my little squirt gun of LSD in joining the hive mind of LSD freaks

two drops... two drops... think about it... two drops... two drops... think about it



is that before or after the gay furry sex or did you just imagine it all again, cybershaman?
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 10-21-2007, 07:01 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

Doctor Octagon
I must construct additional pylons.
 
Doctor Octagon's Avatar
 
Do you really think that everyone who goes to church is fundamentalist, dogma-spewing, wack-job?
__________________
Don't crush it when you sit up on it.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:01 PM Doctor Octagon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.