General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

ry_goody

I think Nietsche summed up all of Christianity in one simple quote.

"There was only one Christian and they crucified him"
-Nietzsche

beautiful

I've repeated that to Christians in real life. It appears to be the ultimate argument against it. I suggest you all try it all out as well.

Because following that is the unconscious thought 'But I'm the new Christ" in the Christian mind. Which every Christian is too afraid of that. But that is invariably the purpose of religion, the purpose of Buddhism is to attain 'buddhahood' The state of being Buddha yourself. Christianity just has this underlying metaphysical mechanism programmed into it to make it's people think that being Christ is wrong.

So you can just repeat it back? Your what? Christian? There was only one of those and he got crucified. How are you a -Christ- -in-... I see you doing nothing of Christ in you, your lying.

What your a -Christ- -in? Lets see some of that ability then? What, all I see is perturbment in you. Christ certainly wasn't perturbed. You sir are full of shit, I suggest you throw that Bible away it seems to be doing you nothing good.

Lets make this thread one to discuss arguments against Christians and REFINE them, consider everyone up to date. Only post if your gonna refine and make them quicker, more concise and sharp. Using long witty talks like Richard Dawkins isn't gonna do anything but make a Christian think your trying to be facetious for fun. You actually need to develop arguments to demonstrate a deep seated hatred to monotheism.

The Christians that come in here, lets use them as test subjects for these simple lines. Try to keep them at no more than a sentence or so. Really, if Monotheism is so wrong, it should not be so hard to argue against and make it obvious you won. Dawkins got the ball rolling, but the arguments need to be simplified, sharper and more concise.

ideas?

and if you want a notion of how 'God', the metaphor to the real thing, can exist without Christianity or any religion, read my post at the top of this page http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=752445&page=12
I think a big step to getting rid of monotheism is not trying to get rid of what they call 'God' but just getting rid of the and dogma surrounding what they call God
because really, has the concept of God by itself done anything horrible? No... it's when some fuckers try to use that concept of God to enforce dogma or religion. Fight the dogma and religion first. If you can get rid of that then you'll get to the nitty gritties of the metaphor 'God' and can maybe destroy that as well. Don't go straight for the core, it's too diffucult, dig through some of the outer layers of dogma first.

Last edited by ry_goody; 10-21-2007 at 06:00 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

fuck you

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
fuck you

fuck me

isugoat

we get it. eastern religion > western religion.
there is no need to create the same thread every time you're tripping. seriously. we get it.

Epidemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
but the arguments need to be simplified, sharper and more concise.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

I'm sorry..think my shroom trip is finally kicking in. Were you saying something?

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Free_Willy

Quote:
fuck me

Hes a troll fuck him.

As for what youre saying, youre right. History has turned what simply "being good" is into a religion.

If we can eliminate Jesus to what he was - a *figure in a fucking allegorical story* with no historical support that he existed and transform "him" into a simple list of "this is what good people do" with no religion about it, things would be alot more simple, one can be held against that said list without political/religious agendas getting in the way (you either are or are not behaving according to the good list)... and the world would be alot less deadly because the religions would be utterly irrelevant, and elements of every one of them are boiled into a single list to judge people and nations against without the risk of it being turned into a religion. Problem fucking solved.

Let the last king be strangled by the entrails of the last priest!

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Yeah, you sure showed those Christians *wastes life taking shrooms and being schizophrenic*

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Yeah, you sure showed those Christians *wastes life taking shrooms and being schizophrenic*

This is a hint about life just for you.

You know your using your brain fully, sober, when your seeing and hearing what your thinking.

Never forget the synaethsiatic nature of the mind. It's a function that exists for a reason.

How could a musician write music if he couldn't hear it in his head? How could a painter paint if he couldn't see it? How could a philosopher contemplate reality in his head, if he didn't see his head in reality?

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoat View Post
we get it. eastern religion > western religion.
there is no need to create the same thread every time you're tripping. seriously. we get it.

all monotheism should die

apply that to existence however you'd like, but don't assume you know what I'm thinking until you've applied it correctly

don't merely HOPE im talking about eastern religion

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
Hes a troll fuck him.

As for what youre saying, youre right. History has turned what simply "being good" is into a religion.

If we can eliminate Jesus to what he was - a *figure in a fucking allegorical story* with no historical support that he existed and transform "him" into a simple list of "this is what good people do" with no religion about it, things would be alot more simple, one can be held against that said list without political/religious agendas getting in the way (you either are or are not behaving according to the good list)... and the world would be alot less deadly because the religions would be utterly irrelevant, and elements of every one of them are boiled into a single list to judge people and nations against without the risk of it being turned into a religion. Problem fucking solved.

I kind of agree with the last line in a sense, I'm just not sure do you conspiracy loonies and LSD freaks pass the queue before we get to priests though

oh and fuck you too

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
Hes a troll fuck him.

Aww a bleak of possible sanity.

But... a list of what to do's... Where to start with that?

I mean I think Ken Kesey tried to do that with 'let everyone do their own freak you see, just let them do their own thing, if his freak is kickin ass then let him kick some ass, if his freak is getting his ass kicked then let him get his ass kicked'. etc

but how to expand it and make more sense of it? Following a list of rules on a piece of paper is still functioning through metaphor, like a Christian. People would need to feel it, have it integrate to them.

I was thinking about possibly a reformation of the english language. How Robert Anton Wilson came up with e-Prime. Read about it here http://www.rawilson.com/quantum.html

I pondered, it's a good first step, recognizing everything in 'maybe logic', identifying the states of perception in the statement that make the 'is'. But if the ultimate goal is of peace, love and oneness. It would need to be expanded beyond mere full observation of external, no? It would need to be expanded into full observation of the -us-. So I theorized the possibility of E-One, english one. Where you reform everything you say to point out that we are all one conciousness. How to start with that, I'm not too sure.

I was trying to formulate a structure for it in AIM with my friend
him: they were crazy people
me: crazy people are just people
him: ones I'd rather avoid
me: i dont like to avoid people
him: well u are stronger then i in that aspect
me: no u

perhaps? whats next

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
I kind of agree with the last line in a sense, I'm just not sure do you conspiracy loonies and LSD freaks pass the queue before we get to priests though

oh and fuck you too

Your nothing more than being 5 feet away from my little squirt gun of LSD in joining the hive mind of LSD freaks

two drops... two drops... think about it... two drops... two drops... think about it

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
Your nothing more than being 5 feet away from my little squirt gun of LSD in joining the hive mind of LSD freaks

two drops... two drops... think about it... two drops... two drops... think about it

is that before or after the gay furry sex or did you just imagine it all again, cybershaman?

Doctor Octagon
I must construct additional pylons.

Do you really think that everyone who goes to church is fundamentalist, dogma-spewing, wack-job?