General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
that's right, you all just let ry vomit his insanity here for everyone to marvel at, there's nothing else to see here

The shrooms are out there....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

SnakeIRye

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr3kt View Post
What about people who have faith without a religion?

Now what?

It's sad that they choose the be ignorant. Though faith in what? Faith in the absurd? See ry_goody for a prime example of somebody who has faith for the sake of faith.

SnakeIRye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
BTW I have to agree completely with you on this. How can anyone possibly say Arius, Calvin, and Martin Luther were completely the same? All the OP has really accomplished with this post is provide us an example of his own personal ignorance, and in doing so defeats his own idea that theology is an unnecessary topic of study.

That's a nice way of dancing around the issue. Did they all believe in christ? Did they all believe in god? I'll assume for your own credibility you didn't read the argument, not that you have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old.

I believe theology is only necessary to prove how unnecessary it really is.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
The shrooms are out there....

I hate this shit, man. I mean ...what the hell? These people are giving drug users a bad name. Goddamn, when I smoke(d) weed or anything of the kind, the main purpose was to get fucked up. This philosophy shit is ruining youth.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeIRye View Post
That's a nice way of dancing around the issue. Did they all believe in christ? Did they all believe in god? I'll assume for your own credibility you didn't read the argument, not that you have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old.

I believe theology is only necessary to prove how unnecessary it really is.

Now you're being stupid. Completely stupid. I'm not dancing around the issue, I'm addressing it directly.

Yes, they all believed in Christ and believed in God, but their interpretation of the nature and behaviour of God and Christ were completely different. Actually, their opinions on the content of the Nicene Creed are also in disagreement. All your cocky little post only further proves your own ignorance. Let me quote the Nicene Creed:

Quote:
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the Father
Yeah, I guess you never heard of Arius eh? Obviously not, because if you did you'd be well aware that his interpretation of Christ doesn't follow this line from the Nicene Creed. Funny how I mentioned him by name in the post you quoted and you still couldn't figure it out, or at the very least investigate my claim with a three second google search. But no, you don't need it because you don't need to understand theology to understand this issue, as you so kindly explained. Early Unitarians like Isaac Newton and others of that peoriod agreed with Arius and believed Christ was not only separate from the Father, but subservant as well.

But no, you knew that. You know everything there is to know about Christianity and religion in general. That's why you keep making these cocky little threads that feed your complex about how enlightened you are.

I'm going to post more information for you, which of course you wont have to read because you know everything .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicene_Creed

Quote:
Groups such as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, The Church of the New Jerusalem and Jehovah's Witnesses, while accepting the Christian Scriptures, reject the Nicene Creed as false. They identify themselves emphatically as Christians, an identification strongly contested by some others. This clash over what constitutes Christianity or a Christian has in some countries, such as the United States, led to litigation with charges and counter-charges over theological issues relating to the definition of "Christian", and allegations as wide-ranging as slander, perjury, discrimination, and breach of contract.
Lol, you totally knew that though, right? Because if you reject the Nicene Creed you're not Christian, and we all know that intellectuals ALWAYS agree about everything! That's why no religions have denominations and differences in doctrine. Nope, it's all the same. Shia and Sunni Islam are really one, because they totally agree. Protestant Reformation? Ask Free Willy, because we now know it never happened and is really just perpetuated by the US government for the purposes of misinformation.

Edit: I'm going to give you more information you don't need to read because you knew it already because you, unlike anyone who believes in God, choose not to be ignorant of anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Christianity

Quote:
Unitarianism is the belief in the single personality of God, in contrast to the doctrine of the Trinity (three persons in one God). It is the philosophy upon which the modern Unitarian movement was based, and, according to its proponents, is the original form of Christianity. Unitarian Christians believe in the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, as found in the New Testament and other early Christian writings, and hold him up as an exemplar. Adhering to strict monotheism, they maintain that Jesus was a great man and a prophet of God, perhaps even a supernatural being, but not God himself. Unitarians believe in the moral authority, but not necessarily the divinity, of Jesus. They do not pray to Jesus, but to God directly. Their theology is thus distinguishable from the theology of Catholic, Orthodox, mainline Protestant, and other Christian denominations, who hold the Trinity doctrine as a core belief.

Last edited by Tom Kazansky; 11-03-2007 at 08:28 PM..

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
It's sad that they choose the be ignorant.

Says the man who has little knowledge of what he hates.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
I hate this shit, man. I mean ...what the hell? These people are giving drug users a bad name. Goddamn, when I smoke(d) weed or anything of the kind, the main purpose was to get fucked up. This philosophy shit is ruining youth.

Yeah, I think that was ruined when "artists" started doing it, and then all of a sudden all drug users aspired to be "deep".

ry_goody

You guys Know that the whole atheist and anti-religious movement has so far been accurately prophesized by Aleister Crowley in the late 1800's

From one of his writings right before 1900.

Quote:
EXISTENCE, as we know it, is full of sorrow. To mention only one minor point: every man is a condemned criminal, only he does not know the date of his execution. This is unpleasant for every man. Consequently every man does everything possible to postpone the date, and would sacrifice anything that he has if he could reverse the sentence.
Practically all religions and all philosophies have started thus crudely, by promising their adherents some such reward as immortality.
No religion has failed hitherto by not promising enough; the present breaking up of all religions is due to the fact that people have asked to see the securities. Men have even renounced the important material advantages which a well-organized religion may confer upon a State, rather than acquiesce in fraud or falsehood, or even in any system which, if not proved guilty, is at least unable to demonstrate its innocence.
Being more or less bankrupt, the best thing that we can do is to attack the problem afresh without preconceived ideas. Let us begin by doubting every statement. Let us find a way of subjecting every statement to the test of experiment. Is there any truth at all in the claims of various religions? Let us examine the question.
Our original difficulty will be due to the enormous wealth of our material. To enter into a critical examination of all systems would be an unending task; the cloud of witnesses is too great. Now each religion is equally positive; and each demands faith. This we refuse in the absence of positive proof. But we may usefully inquire whether there is not any one thing upon which all religions have agreed: for, if so, it seems possible that it may be worthy of really thorough consideration.
It is certainly not to be found in dogma. Even so simple an idea as that of a supreme and eternal being is denied by a third of the human race. Legends of miracle are perhaps universal, but these, in the absence of demonstrative proof, are repugnant to common sense.
he was the first to start writing about religion in this manner of 'evidencing'. Many of his other prophecies have come true as well... and many of his teachings have been extrapolated to modern day hippies and atheists. Really, we're all a bunch of modern day Crowleyists.

SnakeIRye

Quote:
Now you're being stupid. Completely stupid. I'm not dancing around the issue, I'm addressing it directly.

Yes, they all believed in Christ and believed in God, but their interpretation of the nature and behaviour of God and Christ were completely different. Actually, their opinions on the content of the Nicene Creed are also in disagreement. All your cocky little post only further proves your own ignorance. Let me quote the Nicene Creed:

Yeah, I guess you never heard of Arius eh? Obviously not, because if you did you'd be well aware that his interpretation of Christ doesn't follow this line from the Nicene Creed. Funny how I mentioned him by name in the post you quoted and you still couldn't figure it out, or at the very least investigate my claim with a three second google search. But no, you don't need it because you don't need to understand theology to understand this issue, as you so kindly explained. Early Unitarians like Isaac Newton and others of that peoriod agreed with Arius and believed Christ was not only separate from the Father, but subservant as well....

Oh wow. The point of the thread was that you don't need to be "educated"(I will stress the quotes again) in theology to make a criticism against it. Obviously I don't have a degree in theology and never will. Good job on dancing around the issue again when you continued to answer, "Did they all believe in god? Did they all believe in christ?" Yes? Well that's where you should have stopped, because that's where the atheist criticism begins. It begins where people believe in a middle eastern jew zombie or the invisible sky daddy. Posting the creed was a general definition of being a christian, to be one you have to agree with some of it. Whether one group disagrees with parts of the creed or believes christ wore a hat to his crucification is a moot point and you're dressing it up like it makes a difference - HENCE THE THREAD Thank you for the ironic defense though.

They all came to a radical conclusion without any evidence or truth seeking and you don't to study shit about it, to realize it came from shit.

SnakeIRye

Quote:
Yeah, I think that was ruined when "artists" started doing it, and then all of a sudden all drug users aspired to be "deep".

Thanks for the generalization grandpa Please keep me updated with your chain e-mails.

Frock

Quote:

Whats the problem with being deep? Not everyone aspires to be an apathy driven societal robot.

www.theladiesmonthly.com

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Oh wow. The point of the thread was that you don't need to be "educated"(I will stress the quotes again) in theology to make a criticism against it.

Yeah, and in trying to make said point you made a claim about the definition of what a Christian is, I challenged it, you called me on it, I provided.

Suck it up and admit you messed up. All you had to say was "thanks I didn't know that" and be on your way.

Oh I have another name for you. Michael Servetus. You're already familiar with him though, because you know everything. I don't know why I even bother telling you.

Quote:
Posting the creed was a general definition of being a christian, to be one you have to agree with some of it.

O RLY?

Quote:
If you believe in the above, which you would if you actually consider yourself christian, you are perpetuating ignorance.

Contradicted yourself again. You're really making this too easy. Look, you screwed up, just admit it. I wont disrespect you for admitting you're wrong about something. For all the criticism you're hurling at anyone who believes in God, gods, or whatever with regard to being "ignorant" you owe us at least that.

Quote:
Whether one group disagrees with parts of the creed or believes christ wore a hat to his crucification is a moot point and you're dressing it up like it makes a difference - HENCE THE THREAD Thank you for the ironic defense though.

Oh it does make a difference. You came over here, as you always do, like you're king crap of turd mountain, making your big statement about how brilliant and enlightened you are for being an atheist while all the while you don't have your basic facts straight about what you're attacking.

Why you care so much about religion is beyond me. You're certainly paying a lot of attention to something you continually insist is a waste of time.

Quote:
They all came to a radical conclusion without any evidence or truth seeking and you don't to study shit about it, to realize it came from shit.

Religious folks don't deal with scientific evidence of their claims, however scientific evidence is not the only form of evidence. Prove to me, using the scientific method, that Pearl Harbour was attacked on December 7th, 1941.

Last edited by Tom Kazansky; 11-04-2007 at 11:02 AM..

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Thanks for the generalization grandpa Please keep me updated with your chain e-mails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frock View Post
Whats the problem with being deep? Not everyone aspires to be an apathy driven societal robot.

Oh wow. I thought I was clearly joking in that post.

Free_Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frock View Post
Id like to buy this man a beer!

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
Id like to buy this man a beer!

Careful, he could be a goverment agent trying to gain your favour to exploit you later on.