General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Sarcasmo
This is my Haiku

Airsoft guns can fire live ammunition!

Don't expect much word from the ATF on this, but I would LOVE to see someone modify a plastic weapon in such a way as to make it capable of surviving the pressure and heat from live rounds.

Perhaps they were thinking more along the lines of a simpler zip gun, but that isn't how it reads. The implication is one of sustained, automatic fire from bb guns.

"machine gun parts". Groan.

Anyway, lol feds.

http://www.kptv.com/news/22714377/detail.html?hpt=T2

Quote:
CORNELIUS, Ore. -- The owner of an airsoft gun store in Oregon said he's outraged after federal agents seized his shipment of 30 airsoft rifles.

Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms found the airsoft guns' internal components could be replaced with real machine gun parts in a short amount of time, allowing them to fire live ammunition.

But Ben Martin, who owns Airsoft Outlet Northwest, disputes the ATF's finding. He said the guns, which are designed to shoot plastic BBs, are clearly not sturdy enough to withstand firing a real bullet.

"It's completely ridiculous that they think they could make these shoot real rounds," Martin said.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

SemperFly

yes but can they be equipped with shoulder things that go up

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
yes but can they be equipped with shoulder things that go up

oh shit not a barrel shroud

Dominion

they didn't comply with federal shipping standards.

They didn't have orange tips.

The article is poorly worded, and likely misquoted.

The owner is an idiot for ordering from overseas without verifying that the company that they are ordering from will comply with federal shipping guidelines.

I've personally ordered about 7,000.00 in airsoft equipment from overseas over the course of the past 3-4 years. Guess how many times i've had items held by customs or seized? Never. Want to know why? They all complied with federal shipping guidelines and regulations.

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit

The feds are trying to claim that the lower receivers of these M16-clones will fit on a REAL AR upper, and fit a M16 fire control group, allowing the upper to be fired automatically.

The buyers of these had a gunsmith look over them and determine that they could not fit an upper, nor could they fit an M16 FCG.

This is the shoelace machine gun ATF bullshit of the new decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
they didn't comply with federal shipping standards.

They didn't have orange tips.

The article is poorly worded, and likely misquoted.

The owner is an idiot for ordering from overseas without verifying that the company that they are ordering from will comply with federal shipping guidelines.

I've personally ordered about 7,000.00 in airsoft equipment from overseas over the course of the past 3-4 years. Guess how many times i've had items held by customs or seized? Never. Want to know why? They all complied with federal shipping guidelines and regulations.

No.

The owner notes that ATF never had a problem with them bringing in non-orange tipped airsoft guns before, they just had the owner drive down to the docks and paint the tips himself while they watched.

Furthermore, this has nothing to do with shipping standards, this has to do with arbitrary declarations of things as "machine guns" by the ATF. See 2004s shoelace incident for more of this ATF bullshittery.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man

Dominion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
The feds are trying to claim that the lower receivers of these M16-clones will fit on a REAL AR upper, and fit a M16 fire control group, allowing the upper to be fired automatically.

The buyers of these had a gunsmith look over them and determine that they could not fit an upper, nor could they fit an M16 FCG.

Where is the rest of this information coming from? This was not included in the news article, which I am basing my (biased) reply on.

I don't doubt you, but I am curious as to the source of this information.

edit: There's no way any airsoft lower receiver would ever fit on a real steel weapon. That's ridiculous.

I mean... there are plenty of "accessories" that are cross compatibile...

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Damn, I was going to check out that story on the ten oclock fox news but I missed it. I'm sure it sounded something like this:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

lol, trigger discipline.

pyramid

I was looking around for video of this on various news sites and the comments from retards is hilarious. There are even supposed gun owners claiming that they probably could convert an airsoft because of the availability of real kits for real ARs /M4s to convert them to .22 or 9mm, etc.

Here is what is inside of an airsoft M4:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

The ATF is full of fucking shit if they are trying to tell people that the inside of an airsoft gun is anything at all like a real one.

Here is what I am posting on news sites comments sections:
Quote:
There is no way to make an airsoft gun into a real gun.

This is what is inside of an airsoft M4:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=spOsF9S1eoA

This is what is inside of a real M4:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=61WKv720_Ow

Airsoft guns LOOK like the real thing. They do not FUNCTION like the real thing. Anyone who tells you they are similar or can be made to work together is either ridiculously ignorant or deliberately lying.

Last edited by pyramid; 03-02-2010 at 05:24 PM..

pyramid

+ YouTube Video

lol, they need to file a FOIA request to find out what/why/how the ATF thinks these can be made into real "military grade" weapons.

I think I'm going to go over there and buy my first airsoft gun tomorrow. The place is only like 15-20 minutes from here.

vile1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
+ YouTube Video

lol, they need to file a FOIA request to find out what/why/how the ATF thinks these can be made into real "military grade" weapons.

I think I'm going to go over there and buy my first airsoft gun tomorrow. The place is only like 15-20 minutes from here.

HOLY.

FUCKING.

WOOOW>

Minimal fucking work. Dude, I have GOT to get me that BAR in the background and make me a $100 fully automatic BAR. I cant wait!

Toys R Us here I come! make me a fucking ARSENAL!!!!

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.

Quote:
I was looking around for video of this on various news sites and the comments from retards is hilarious. There are even supposed gun owners claiming that they probably could convert an airsoft because of the availability of real kits for real ARs /M4s to convert them to .22 or 9mm, etc.

Here is what is inside of an airsoft M4:

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

The ATF is full of fucking shit if they are trying to tell people that the inside of an airsoft gun is anything at all like a real one.

Here is what I am posting on news sites comments sections:

They have gas blow backs airsoft rifles now.

It sorta operates similar to an ar-15. The one I had before can take real steel buffer tubes/spring, charging handles, dust covers, mag release and furniture like stock, grip and handguards.

The airsoft gas gun uses a bolt carrier and bolt too but its design to release gas from the mag into the bolt when the trigger is pulled.

If you don't look into the magwell or pull the charging handle back and check the bolt these look exactly like the real thing but theres absolutely no way someone can take one and shoot live rounds with it. They will have to switch out everything but the parts I mentioned above to work.

+ YouTube Video

look how he breaks apart the reciever, exactly like the real thing.

pyramid

Holy shit, that looks a lot more like the real internals but how is that operated? CO2?

Still doesn't look like it could ever chamber real ammunition. And damn, they cost almost as much as a real gun.

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.

Quote:
Holy shit, that looks a lot more like the real internals but how is that operated? CO2?

Still doesn't look like it could ever chamber real ammunition. And damn, they cost almost as much as a real gun.

yea some take co2 cartridges but most people run it on propane or green gas. its all stored inside the magazines.