General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch
 
Gearhead's Avatar
 
Zombie prepardness...

I'm getting ready.

Cost to date:

Black spray paint: 5 bucks
Airsoft guns from Walmart: 50 bucks
Wood: 10 bucks
Finishing nails 2 bucks




The airsoft guns came clear, so I tore them apart and primed and painted them. They actually turned out pretty good.

I still have to get the plexi glass cut, finish building the outer frame of the case and get the "In case of zombies...." vinyl decals cut out then lay the vinyl. Painting the case too.

How should I paint it all? Or, should I use a felt liner on the inside?
__________________
“What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul.” - J.C.
Member of Micks for Mayhem Irish Crew
Motorcycle Club

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division

Last edited by Gearhead; 02-08-2009 at 09:10 PM..
Old 02-08-2009, 08:39 PM Gearhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

wizzfish
everyday i'm hustlin
 
wizzfish's Avatar
 
you've gone mad with awesome
__________________
===========WIZZBERTIKUTA_5K===========

http://www.internetcelebrity.ca/
"i wish i were an internet celebrity so i could go out with porn stars" - shiki
http://www.internetcelebrity.ca/
Old 02-08-2009, 09:19 PM wizzfish is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!
 
MadDog's Avatar
 
oh, they aren't real guns
Old 02-08-2009, 09:53 PM MadDog is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

bizzz111
 
line the inside with felt.

get rid of the boxes of bullets, and put real bullets (or find replicas) in either bandoleers or other holders.

fan out some throwing knives, or maybe some throwing stars to fill in the dead space under the pistol.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:59 PM bizzz111 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch
 
Gearhead's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
oh, they aren't real guns


I'm not putting real guns in there


None of the other ones I found on the net use real guns either
__________________
“What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul.” - J.C.
Member of Micks for Mayhem Irish Crew
Motorcycle Club

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division
Old 02-08-2009, 10:07 PM Gearhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

DarkHelmet
BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD
 
DarkHelmet's Avatar
 
um why not just put a cheep handgun and a shot gun in there?

It's not like you can't get them cheep. air soft is like supar ghey
Old 02-08-2009, 10:13 PM DarkHelmet is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch
 
Gearhead's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHelmet View Post
um why not just put a cheep handgun and a shot gun in there?

It's not like you can't get them cheep. air soft is like supar ghey


because I'm in canada.

Its illegal to display firearms unless they have a lock on them
Handguns have to be double locked.


There are no such things as "cheap guns" in canada


You guys are being douchebags. I already have my Zombie Emergency Box....

__________________
“What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul.” - J.C.
Member of Micks for Mayhem Irish Crew
Motorcycle Club

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division

Last edited by Gearhead; 02-08-2009 at 10:33 PM..
Old 02-08-2009, 10:28 PM Gearhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

DarkHelmet
BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD
 
DarkHelmet's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
because I'm in canada.

Its illegal to display firearms unless they have a lock on them
Handguns have to be double locked.


There are no such things as "cheap guns" in canada


You guys are being douchebags.

sorry

your welcome to come down and visit. I'll let you shoot the fun guns and get my friend to bring out his MP5 if i can arrange it.

if you have to keep them locked, how can you use them for protection? The supreme court here just knocked down a bunch of laws like that. (oddly only the high crime citys have these laws, most low crime areas dont infringe on peoples rights.)
Old 02-08-2009, 10:32 PM DarkHelmet is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch
 
Gearhead's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHelmet View Post
sorry

your welcome to come down and visit. I'll let you shoot the fun guns and get my friend to bring out his MP5 if i can arrange it.

if you have to keep them locked, how can you use them for protection? The supreme court here just knocked down a bunch of laws like that. (oddly only the high crime citys have these laws, most low crime areas dont infringe on peoples rights.)


Well, handguns are "never for protection." You have to sign a form that says that when you buy it. I keep that in its box in my bedside table locked with two full mags also locked in the case. Technically I'm not supposed to have the mags loaded with it but oh well.

My shotty is usually beside my bed with 5 rounds in the speed feed, but never in the tube. Can't do that. Rifles can be used for protection.

We have odd laws but thankfully they have lots of loop holes
__________________
“What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul.” - J.C.
Member of Micks for Mayhem Irish Crew
Motorcycle Club

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division
Old 02-08-2009, 10:37 PM Gearhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

DarkHelmet
BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD
 
DarkHelmet's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Well, handguns are "never for protection." You have to sign a form that says that when you buy it. I keep that in its box in my bedside table locked with two full mags also locked in the case. Technically I'm not supposed to have the mags loaded with it but oh well.

My shotty is usually beside my bed with 5 rounds in the speed feed, but never in the tube. Can't do that. Rifles can be used for protection.

We have odd laws but thankfully they have lots of loop holes

Damn.

So with the shotgun are you saying you can't keep one in the chamber, but can keep the magazine loaded?

So what happens if some one comes into your house at night and you shoot them with the pistol? Is that then illegal use of the pistol?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:47 PM DarkHelmet is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

00 Buck
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Well, handguns are "never for protection." You have to sign a form that says that when you buy it. I keep that in its box in my bedside table locked with two full mags also locked in the case. Technically I'm not supposed to have the mags loaded with it but oh well.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:10 PM 00 Buck is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch
 
Gearhead's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHelmet View Post
Damn.

So with the shotgun are you saying you can't keep one in the chamber, but can keep the magazine loaded?

So what happens if some one comes into your house at night and you shoot them with the pistol? Is that then illegal use of the pistol?


The speed feed on my shotty is in the stock, not in the tube. Can't keep any gun loaded.

Its kind of a grey area on shooting somebody with a handgun. You're allowed to use equal force. So if somebody comes into your home with deadly force / intent, you're free to blow them away. You can't just shoot somebody that has broken into your house. We have no castle laws here.

Like I said, lots of odd loopholes
__________________
“What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul.” - J.C.
Member of Micks for Mayhem Irish Crew
Motorcycle Club

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division
Old 02-08-2009, 11:11 PM Gearhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

DarkHelmet
BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD
 
DarkHelmet's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
The speed feed on my shotty is in the stock, not in the tube. Can't keep any gun loaded.

Its kind of a grey area on shooting somebody with a handgun. You're allowed to use equal force. So if somebody comes into your home with deadly force / intent, you're free to blow them away. You can't just shoot somebody that has broken into your house. We have no castle laws here.

Like I said, lots of odd loopholes

damn

move to Florida? we get tons of people from Ottawa and Nova Scotia down here in the winter.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:23 PM DarkHelmet is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch
 
Gearhead's Avatar
 
Nah dude. I've lived in the states before. Spent 8 years in the U.S.

Canada is my home. Silly rules or not. Its where I'm happy
__________________
“What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul.” - J.C.
Member of Micks for Mayhem Irish Crew
Motorcycle Club

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division
Old 02-08-2009, 11:29 PM Gearhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 


I thought just spray painting over the fluorescent orange tip of an airsoft gun was a crime even here in the states, but I doubt it should be much of a problem since it's more of a cool art project and not to go using them as fake weapons in an armed robbery.

I like what you've done so far, I'd probably get a stencil and spray paint the "in case of zombies" on a diagonal right on the plywood backing to give it sort of a military look. Maybe lay down a coat of olive green first to make it look kind of ammo box-ish. Maybe add a little simulated weathering too. Then I'd add a small fluorescent light at the top and bottom of the case and make a plexiglass cover which I would paint around the edges or maybe put some molding around the outside to make a border that would hide the lights.

I think that would be a pretty cool wall fixture. Damn, now I want to make my own.

edit: I shopped up a rendering...

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street

Last edited by pyramid; 02-09-2009 at 01:22 AM..
Old 02-09-2009, 12:55 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.