General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

/-\lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ch3
I pray the man wins. Not only would he not be able to get anything done, after four years of libertarianism, nobody'd ever take the party seriously again.

I hope he wins to.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Nuntius

Quote:
I pray the man wins. Not only would he not be able to get anything done, after four years of libertarianism, nobody'd ever take the party seriously again.

He'd be able to get plenty done. Sure, it takes party control to add more crap for the gov't to do, but it would be pretty easy to just axe programs and slash the budget. Who knows, maybe the people would like it.

t3ch3
A specter is haunting Genmay - the specter of communism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuntius
He'd be able to get plenty done. Sure, it takes party control to add more crap for the gov't to do, but it would be pretty easy to just axe programs and slash the budget. Who knows, maybe the people would like it.
Hint: Congress approves the budget.
Genmay Leninist Vanguard: t3ch3, electric!sheep (Leader of the Dada Council), Kellogg, KaseModDer, vanillatoast, Mozz (Minister of Cheese), ATP (Sodomy Squad), x4yarule, [ Mr. Burn ], The_Tourist, Berticus, BadassOfTheNorth, kronchev

Nuntius

Quote:

Right, but the uphill battle is getting them to approve more spending. At any rate, I have a feeling that a Libertarian President would be more than happy to let federal employees go without pay.

t3ch3

Quote:
At any rate, I have a feeling that a Libertarian President would be more than happy to let federal employees go without pay.
Which would lead to government collapse and distrust of the Libertarian Party. Fine by me.

I'd the first time he would try to bring up highway priivitization on a national stage.
Genmay Leninist Vanguard: t3ch3, electric!sheep (Leader of the Dada Council), Kellogg, KaseModDer, vanillatoast, Mozz (Minister of Cheese), ATP (Sodomy Squad), x4yarule, [ Mr. Burn ], The_Tourist, Berticus, BadassOfTheNorth, kronchev

/-\lex

Quote:

98% of government workers would be out of a job the day after he gained office.

t3ch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by /-\lex
98% of government workers would be out of a job the day after he gained office.
As I said, good luck with that. Christ, and they say communism is unrealistic.

Nuntius

Quote:
Which would lead to government collapse and distrust of the Libertarian Party. Fine by me.

I'd the first time he would try to bring up highway priivitization on a national stage.

The federal gov't might be in a bind, but I imagine the states would deal.

t3ch3

Quote:
The federal gov't might be in a bind, but I imagine the states would deal.
You honestly believe that there would be no opposition to a shutdown of major federal infrastructure? At all?

Just because the president might be able to do something as an executive order doesn't mean that the backlash from the people or congress wouldn't be harsh. There'd be impeachment hearings the moment he tried anything like that.

Nuntius

Quote:
You honestly believe that there would be no opposition to a shutdown of major federal infrastructure? At all?

Just because the president might be able to do something as an executive order doesn't mean that the backlash from the people or congress wouldn't be harsh. There'd be impeachment hearings the moment he tried anything like that.

The only people who would get in trouble for a shutdown of the federal government would be congress, for not authorizing a budget. They'd have to approve some money, even if they didn't get anything for their own pork.

Last edited by Nuntius; 08-30-2004 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: grammar

/-\lex

Quote:
As I said, good luck with that. Christ, and they say communism is unrealistic.
Good luck with what assclown, thatís what would happen, no need for congressional approval. And BTW a constructional republic has happened, communism has not.

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Nice site:

Unless something incredible happens between now and November I'll be voting Bush/Cheney

Geotpf

Quote:

Like they do now?

t3ch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geotpf
Like they do now?
I'm probably just scared because every political discussion forum (except FreeRep and DemoUnderground) seems to be majority libertarian.

I need to calm down and remember they're more fringe that the greens.

sybil

The Libertarian party is a piece of crap. It needs a moderate candidate and it needs to do something big to get national news and it could take off.