General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

dirulove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
I find it not a little ironic that citizens of a country founded by a secret society could possibly be so idiotic that they could entertain a topic asking if conspiracys could possibly exist, it is not unlike witch hunts and "isnt it obvious that if we sail streight out into the ocean well fall off the edge?!... the church said so!" mentality.

If it is a secret society then why is their so much "information" on the inner workings of this supposed secret society? Thats not very secret.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Opajew
old grizzled jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirulove View Post
If it is a secret society then why is their so much "information" on the inner workings of this supposed secret society? Thats not very secret.

i'd hate to be the "honest to god, i have forgottent he phrase here, but a phrase to define a person giving enough information about the desired topic to entice enough interested people on the topic to go..... HERE"., but wow is that invgorating.

3-27-03.....

mark my words, the Athlon64 will be the GeForce FX of CPUs when it comes out. -the terabyte
mark my words - someday i will host a LAN this big.. sure, it'll be when im 35 or something, but i will.. -T

SemperFly

Quote:
I find it not a little ironic that citizens of a country founded by a secret society could possibly be so idiotic that they could entertain a topic asking if conspiracys could possibly exist, it is not unlike witch hunts and "isnt it obvious that if we sail streight out into the ocean well fall off the edge?!... the church said so!" mentality.

the king is here, folks

which secret society? the illuminati? freemasons? expensivemasons? stonecutters?

who controls the british crown
who keeps the metric system down
WE DO
WE DO

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opajew View Post
conspiracy theories start from original events that have unlikely situations and circumstances, with equally unlikely results. Either the conspiracy theorist doesn't know about one topic and think something is crazy, and builds upon it, or an actual lie or distortion happened, which case the theorist builds upon that too, that something larger is going on, grabbing details and extrapolating anyway they can.

also weed/psychedelics

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
It all starts with an active imagination and a dose of paranoia. They take any event..big or small..pick out a detail that doesn't quite add up and then build upon that. The irony is that sometimes they actually do stumble across a real conspiracy, but their paranoia and overactive imagination causes them to embellish certain details and contradict themselves to the point where nobody (other than conspiracy nuts) will believe them.

wow

/thread

-Tongboy

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNavy View Post

/thread

ok, double /thread

god i xkcd

also: ty, hadnt seen that one

-Tongboy

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
The world when astrally projected is hollow. If you take it that in such a state or dealing with non-physically manifested energy, the non-physically manifested energy that forms a spherical form swirls around the edge of the thing making a hollow center. Think of a whirpool in water. It's then my suspicion this is where the original notion of the hollow earth came from. But whoever saw this and made up that theory forgot that, even if this was the case, then you don't even need to see it to realize that the physically manifested matter would form a pile up in the center of the swirling vortex. And quite obviously the physical condensing of the planet is solid in physical realm all the way through.

And if you get that hallucinatory portion of your brain really going people can morph to represent reptillian qualities. Clearly we evolved from reptiles, then from mammals. In the context of touching on the 7th circuit of the brain your going to see these reptillian qualities as it would be necessary to traverse through the information held in the evolutionary DNA. Even people morphing into complete reptiles... or animals... at some point would be necessary. It's my supposition that whoever came up with the reptillian theory experienced this in a state of ignorance and thought, oh no, theres reptiles. When they missed the simple fact that we are ALL reptillians once you go far enough back in the DNA. Clearly some people may be more in tune with their reptillian instincts held in there brain and may have more inclination to morph in reptile form. But to call these people 'reptillians' is just retarded as that only further reinforces there usage of such portions of the brain and clearly the goal is to get them to evolve a bit more in thought process.

what did you do before the internet?
were you just sitting in a field, doing drugs and writing down your insane mutterings?

-Tongboy

AncientMarinade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
what did you do before the internet?
were you just sitting in a field, doing drugs and writing down your insane mutterings?

Lewism1987
High 5, down low, 2 slow!

id buy free willy a beer. he might be nuttier than squirel shit but fuck, he is the definition of perseverance.

KiIroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
the truth about the real reason we are in iraq is oil.

This is what really makes me sick of our government. If we're gonna invade a country and kill a whole lot of people over natural resources, then pass the fucking savings on to me damnit! If I'd a known that G.W. was going to go steal the oil for himself I never would have supported OIF.

Xayd

there are no savings, the occupation is a gigantic failure, enemy militias control most of the oil producing areas of the country.

in short, lol @ neocons. their one shot to implement their action-movie style foreign policy is a complete and utter failure.

Supafly TNT

because people are unwilling to believe that the world is just fine and dandy the way it is and there really isnt an underlying motives behind powerful people. events just randomly fall into our existence without anyone have knowledge of it. that was arent really preplanned events and that they arise simply out of a current circumstance. then there are people more in tune with reality that the powerful have goals and they go against the masses of epople, so they must plan in secret.

i think people who dont believe in conspiracies of any kind are just innocent minded, or gullible. then there are outrageous conspiracies that people make for the hell of it. to say there are never any conspiracies and that people that believe in conspiracies of any sort are just insane are either extremely stupid/ignorant or they dont want people to believe there really are conspiracies and want to make them feel foolish for believing in them.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiIroy View Post
This is what really makes me sick of our government. If we're gonna invade a country and kill a whole lot of people over natural resources, then pass the fucking savings on to me damnit! If I'd a known that G.W. was going to go steal the oil for himself I never would have supported OIF.

Passing savings on to you or anyone else was never part of the plan. It was about controlling the oil. He who controls the oil controls the universe.

Conspiracy theories start when people use their limited understanding along with confirmation bias and the human nature of pattern recognition to try and understand an event without the objective understanding of their limited understanding of the world or the concept of confirmation bias or the nature of humans towards pattern recognition or the understanding that they could possibly be susceptible to any of those logical fallacies. Also it fills a need for order in an unordered and chaotic world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
Also, if the United States can go around the world taking over countries for oil, why can't somebody come and stop us? How we get away with it I don't know.

Free_Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientMarinade View Post
same reason people believe in miracles

they see something that doesn't make sense to them, or that the explanations provided by others simply do not answer the (insert incident here)

although, whereas miracles are interpreted almost always via sensations, conspiracy theories are birthed via thoughts going haywire or connecting ideas otherwise individual from each other

"Outrageous"...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

SemperFly

Quote:
"Outrageous"...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

you are in need of professional help. a different kind of therapy than ry_goody but you should still give up your driver's license before you run a car full of nuns off the road because you think they're part of the skull & bones society

I'm appealing to your misguided sense of patriotism. Please, eat a bullet before you hurt this country.