General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Corbin

Bush admits Iraq war created more terrorism?

Quote:
President Bush said Tuesday he was disappointed in "flawed intelligence" before the Iraq war and was concerned that if a Democrat wins the presidency in November and withdrew troops prematurely it could "eventually lead to another attack on the United States."
Good call dumbass.

Quote:
Bush also said he gave up golf in 2003 out of respect for U.S. soldiers killed in the war, which has now lasted more than five years.

"I didn't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf," he said. "I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal."

I can't believe I actually voted for this asshole. I guess that makes me the

rest of hilarious article here

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

I'm sure grieving mothers feel a lot better now that they understand Bush doesn't play golf out of sheer respect.

jubjub
TweedleDumber

Nice misleading opening post... I don't seem to find Good Ol' G.W. saying any such thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin

I guess that makes me the

yeah , it does--but I knew that before I clicked on the link to the story

BandontheRun84

The real reason he gave up golf was because he got so sick of playing it 4 times a day before September 11th.

spleeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandontheRun84 View Post
The real reason he gave up golf was because he got so sick of playing it 4 times a day before September 11th.
+1 sir.

It's all part of the master plan, OP. Yeah sure we've created a shit-ton of terrists and squandered our world standing (not to mention blood and treasure) in the process, but we created the terrists over there...so we can go over there and keep 'em busy thereby rendering us safe over here. Then after we're done and it's all safe and we finally DO have them showering us /w chocolates and flowers (for real this time) we can stay for 50, 100, 1000 years as their guests and drink tea in their gardens, just like we do in South Korea or Germany.

/thread

Last edited by spleeny; 05-14-2008 at 10:01 PM..