General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

blackbeaSSt

meh. im looking at one across the street from me at the ford dealership. not worth the $40,235 msrp imho, but to each his own

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

4byTacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeaSSt View Post
meh. im looking at one across the street from me at the ford dealership. not worth the $40,235 msrp imho, but to each his own

It's not a bad price for the vehicle IMO. It has a more than decent suspension setup and even with the 5.4 I think it'd be a ton of fun.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalinjoe View Post
Well he just got a huge life insurance payout since his mom died in July.

No offense to him but that's what people call Niqqer Rich.

I fully understand wanting a toy especially after being stuck in a desert around hummers and shit for a long time, you don't have to explain that part to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancidpunk666 View Post
seriously shut the hell up.
what else are you to do after making a salary for a while and having zero out of pocket expenses.

Uh yeah I'm sure he's SWIMMING in money

Unless he's a contractor, side-stepping the military pay scale, Tong does make some good points.

40k is a lot of money to spend on an f150 if you are going to have to park it alongside your 350z at a random apartment complex. Of course this f150 can come with a superduty engine, fancy electronics, a proper diff and real off-road shocks. However it's still a stock F150 frame... with a wider rear stick axle (so it doesn't look weird) and longer a-arms in the front:

Ford HAD to make it wider in order to increase the front travel. They can't change the frame, but they can bolt in a long travel IFS. Which has longer A-arms. You could always do this with a long-travel kit from people like Fabtech - in fact SVT engeneers didn't have to blaze any new paths here. The way the SVT exists today is simply an excellent factory approximation of a built desert truck.

So, it's probably the best OEM desert truck so far but not way above and beyond anything and everything.

The fancy electronics - something you can't have in a non-raptor afaik

Quote:
There are several different settings for the Off-Road Mode that works in conjunction with AdvanceTrac and ABS. You can't turn the ABS off, but there is an off-road setting for the ABS. Press the Off-Road button, and the throttle mapping and transmission programs are recalibrated. Press the AdvanceTrac button after that, and you get an Off-Road Sport mode that tells the Raptor you need some latitude when it comes to wheelspin, sliding and braking. The difference stood out most in the sand, when the truck let you slide around more
also features hill descent mode for slow, steep and loose places and it can lock it's rear diff whenever it wants/needs to as part of the traction control as well as apply brakes and modulate throttle.

There's a lot to like in this thing and the 40k does go a long way with it (better long travel set ups are like 8k and more) I wouldn't call it the deal of a century or a must have of the decade though, and as a soldier coming home - personally - I would rather work towards a home to come home to Or moving out of a shitty state like Alaska

ritalinjoe

He's already got a house. And he loves Alaska.

ph00ny

aren't they supposed to be updated with a new engine soon?
04 White Diamond CTS
f17881c2d660477b9151fe21fb4fb04b

3ricchu

Probably similar to the 5.0l 412hp V8 Ford's putting in the '11 Mustang GT

edplayer
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancidpunk666 View Post
seriously shut the hell up.
what else are you to do after making a salary for a while and having zero out of pocket expenses.

If the only idea that an adult can come up with, is to spend money on a car/truck

that person is stupid.

Seriously stupid.

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

dieselstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer View Post
If the only idea that an adult can come up with, is to spend money on a car/truck

that person is stupid.

Seriously stupid.

wait.. what? so buying a car is suddenly stupid now? The guy already has a house, has no huge debt to repay, and he's got extra money to spend. I'd buy a toy too!

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalinjoe View Post
He's already got a house. And he loves Alaska.

o i c, well... I'm sure he'll enjoy it.

What exactly does he like about alaska? Anything I ever see or hear about that place makes me want to not go there from TV specials to personal stories. Like my friend who was there salmon fishing. His boat sank though so he had to come back early this year. Barren, slow paced place. Everything costs a lot. Except fish. Not everyone's cup of tea unless you grew up there and don't know anything else imho.

vantastic

all you people calling this guy stupid for buying a car after coming back from war are jerkoffs
if the guy wants to come home and blow his $40k on drugs and hookers, who cares. He has gone through more than any of you can imagine and shouldn't be criticized for what he chooses to do afterward. maybe this is his way of coping with the horrors of war. you will NEVER understand. sometimes financially responsible choices aren't the best choices. it's not all about numbers

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic View Post
all you people calling this guy stupid for buying a car after coming back from war are jerkoffs
if the guy wants to come home and blow his $40k on drugs and hookers, who cares. He has gone through more than any of you can imagine and shouldn't be criticized for what he chooses to do afterward. maybe this is his way of coping with the horrors of war. you will NEVER understand. sometimes financially responsible choices aren't the best choices. it's not all about numbers

They don't care but you do, because you'd let him spend 40k on drugs and hookers? You sound like the best kind of friend.

edplayer
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselstation View Post
wait.. what? so buying a car is suddenly stupid now?

Did I say that?

maybe you can ask him to buy you some reading lessons

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

jarhed13
I own faces - <3 Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph00ny View Post
aren't they supposed to be updated with a new engine soon?

Yup. First run is only the 5.4L V8. The late 2010/2011 (not sure what they're calling it) model will have an optional 6.2L V8 for $3000 I believe.

lopoetve

Quote:

that person is stupid.

Seriously stupid.

Did you look at the title of this forum? It's Automotive Mayhem.

Not "where do I spend my money" mayhem.

Remember: The forum agreed, this is NOT finance may. Take that shit elsewhere. It's how he wants to spend his money and relax from coming back from a ~war~.
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

dieselstation

Quote:
Did I say that?

maybe you can ask him to buy you some reading lessons

did i not quote you?

cuz if you meant to say something else, then maybe you need some writing lessons.