General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

claffix

cliffs

"I'm a better driver than everybody else in a better car than everybody else and the cops are still out to get me!'

I like my girls like I like my bikes: fast, naked, and barely legal.

Slow and steady wins the race, but fast and reckless steals the show.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashingPumpkins View Post
cops are bound by "due regard"

they just walk on everything. fuck the police. i was a public servant and an emergency vehicle operator and i fucking hate the cops.

but: YOU DON'T PASS COPS

jesus christ why don't people get this. What you did had NOTHING to do with why you were pulled over, it had everything to do with you IGNORING a cop. Cops don't like that, they perceve it as disrespect and you just disrespected them, you're gonna get pulled over.

Just don't fucking do it, let them pass and then haul ass.

That's fucking dumb and if you are so willing to abandon your rights and free will to satisfy the insecurities of a public servant, then you don't deserve your citizenship as an American.

If an officer is traveling below the speed limit and road conditions do not necessitate the lowered speed, I will assess the situation, engage my turn signal and make a pass within the legal limits specified for the roadway.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopoetve View Post
Rule 1: Cops don't know jack shit.
Rule 2: Don't. Talk. To. Cops.

Youtube don't talk to the police. Watch the entire 48 minute thing.

yeah, i had some legal troubles and my lawyer drilled it into my head "never talk to cops"

i dont think it applies to traffic stops but i guess it could

stupid dumbass
IvanY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Misfit View Post
Cops just hate getting passed, it hurts their little egos if they get passed by a civilian. I do it all the time, legally of course, just to see if i'll get a response.

LOL

The other week I got pulled over for...guess what...NOT speeding up and passing a CHP officer, on a surface street, when he was going slow in the left lane!

The story is, I'm turning left onto a 50mph "arterial" (no intersections for the next 2-3 miles and straight). I notice a cop turning with my on my left. I don't like passing cops just for fun, esp if they're in the left lane, so I stay behind/even with him. He goes VERY slow (like 20mph) which gets me somewhat nervous, I figure maybe there's a wreck up ahead or something. Anyway, he gasses is and pulls across both lanes into the shoulder. I figure "whatever" and get up to 40-45mph. He comes flying up behind me and pulls me over for "going too slow". Didn't get a ticket or written warning but got hassled, had me pop my hood and tried to convince me my CARB approved intake wasn't, blah blah blah.

Can't pass them, can't not pass them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashingPumpkins View Post
but: YOU DON'T PASS COPS

I thought this too, until ^^^

Colonel Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanY View Post
LOL

The other week I got pulled over for...guess what...NOT speeding up and passing a CHP officer, on a surface street, when he was going slow in the left lane!

The story is, I'm turning left onto a 50mph "arterial" (no intersections for the next 2-3 miles and straight). I notice a cop turning with my on my left. I don't like passing cops just for fun, esp if they're in the left lane, so I stay behind/even with him. He goes VERY slow (like 20mph) which gets me somewhat nervous, I figure maybe there's a wreck up ahead or something. Anyway, he gasses is and pulls across both lanes into the shoulder. I figure "whatever" and get up to 40-45mph. He comes flying up behind me and pulls me over for "going too slow". Didn't get a ticket or written warning but got hassled, had me pop my hood and tried to convince me my CARB approved intake wasn't, blah blah blah.

Can't pass them, can't not pass them.

What the fuck, he slows down to 20mph with you behind him and then says you were going to slow? What a total assclown.

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopoetve View Post
Rule 1: Cops don't know jack shit.
Rule 2: Don't. Talk. To. Cops.

Youtube don't talk to the police. Watch the entire 48 minute thing.
tsrh

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
yeah, i had some legal troubles and my lawyer drilled it into my head "never talk to cops"

i dont think it applies to traffic stops but i guess it could

nope, never ever talk to cops, even traffic ones

they are doing their job when they get you to admit guilt

don't be mean to them, be polite and courteous but never talk to them beyond the requirements of the law

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongboy View Post
nope, never ever talk to cops, even traffic ones

they are doing their job when they get you to admit guilt

don't be mean to them, be polite and courteous but never talk to them beyond the requirements of the law

when you say "dont talk"

i take that to mean

play deaf + mute... but I guess you guys just mean don't admit to shit and don't be a big mouth.

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
when you say "dont talk"

i take that to mean

play deaf + mute... but I guess you guys just mean don't admit to shit and don't be a big mouth.

don't talk means when they come up and ask you "do you know why I stopped you?" you say "nope"

and then they ask for your license & reg and if they try and make any small talk just brush it off, always.

can I search your car "unless i'm legally obligated to oblige, no"

don't say "I wasn't there, I was X" because when you were actually only at X for half the time, etc etc watch the video, it lays it out really well

grjr

multi lane roads become single lane roads in snow? never heard of that. And your story is difficult to read. He may have pulled you over for passing on the right?

colinshark

Dirt bag cop.

Thermo1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by grjr View Post
multi lane roads become single lane roads in snow? never heard of that. And your story is difficult to read. He may have pulled you over for passing on the right?

Passing on the right is completely legal when done safely but alas I was pulled over for passing him.

Because I didn't want to sit like a bumfuck inching along at 5mph when conditions dictate otherwise for me at least. I also didn't want to sit behind someone widly spinning their tires and swerving across the road. I wanted to drive half the speed on the road to get work before 12PM.

The more I think it about, the more distain I have for cops. Especially after my wife telling me about the drunk she say on her way home from work new year's eve.

Again poor enough weather to reduce driving on a highway down to 40-45mph and the person is swerving across the lanes and literally almost bouncing of the guardrails.

Either way it seems the douchebag cop was pmsing that day...fact of life.
Range - GTFO god :rolleyes:

Stereodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermo1223 View Post
This happen nearly 15 mins ago and I still don't get why I was pulled over. There were no less than 4 more dangerous people driving than I if you consider me dangerous. I got no ticket but a stern voice from the cock.

Now I never keep myself near dangerous traffic be it highway/road/street whatever. I considering dangerous traffic someone who seems to be more interested in everything over than driving or in poor control of their vehicle. I also consider it the random packs of 10 or so cars tightly riding each others ass on the roadway.

I am coming down a hill in traffic in this snowy day. Road conditions are sub-par for idiots with bad tires, par or better if you have decent all-seasons/snows. I have snows. So we get to the bottom of the hill which mind you was backing up because of the attempt at one car who can't make it up the hill. It starts moving slowly again but as that happens I get a red light at the bottom, cock in front a couple of cars.

That car I spoke of was still inching up the hill after it turned green, not mind you it was in the left lane of a 4 lane road. It would be very easy for faster, safer traffic to pass it and keep traffic flowing. Nope everyone inches behind it like mindless drones. We finally crest the top of hill and I deciede to get in the right lane now which is the lane I need to be in anyway so I can turn in a bit. I am barely doing 15 mph at the point I inch past the cock(who is in a 4x4 Explorer) and before I even get half a car length past him I get lights & sirens.

He pops out of the car and the first thing out of his mouth is "Why are you in such a damn hurry?" I pretty much explain myself as I was getting in the right lane because that is the lane I need to be in I am not speeding I was going 15 mph. He boost that when it snows all roads are single lane... I also told him I was uncomfortable being behind the dangerous car in front who was wildly spinning it's tires on the hill and weaving. He then counters with "Just because you have AWD doesn't mean you can speed through the snow, slow down." Again I explained it all...he walks away midway through that convo and talks to another stopped cock. I pull out and continue on my way. Unable to turn now safely as I passed it half a car length. So I continue straight ahead. This is where I see the 4 infractions.

1.Again weaving wildly trying to gain control so they obviously shouldn't be driving.
2.Cell phone use which is far more dangerous IMO
3.Car which did absolutely no cleaning of it's windows, just a tiny porthole in the windshield.
4.A van driving over a concrete island to get out because traffic stopped in the intersection which is ok if it didn't fishtail halfway through. Again lack of control.

I at no point was not under control of my car yet because of this I am singled out, fuckin fantastic.

The cock could have easily pulled behind this car who couldn't make it up the hill and put his lights on to instruct others to pass and keep traffic flowing since it is a state route.

I have been told a similar story from my wife's coworker after her getting a ticket for passing in a downpour. cock was in far left lane doing 40-45mph, she was doing 50-55 mph, speed limit 55mph. She was in the far right lane to take her exit for work. cock said it is a state law that you can't pass a cock in poor weather. While it is not he can do the prudent and safe speed standard but honestly as evident by some highway chases. Most cocks can't drive worth a shit when it is dry. How can he make judgement on your driving abilities when you did nothing wrong. You certainly can't make a judgment on his even if he did something wrong.

That in fact happened recently, a cock ran a red with no lights responding to a call colliding with another cock. His car was sent into the sidewalk where he struck and killed a little boy. cock was just put on leave without pay, no criminal charges or loss of driving privileges. BS if you ask me.

I dunno...just a lovely morning commute as usual.
I rewrote your story slightly and it should all be clear now.

Rancidpunk666

The other day I was cruising along as usual in my BMW coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars.

First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway! (The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.)

Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane. (Why do underlings use this lane? Surely everyone knows it is for BMW drivers only?)

Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph!

Naturally, I got to within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way.

Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me! He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car.

Needless to say, I was eager oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast! Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my driver's licence to a Police Station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They're not free points either - they're Б20 each and I was only allowed 3.) But the man at the Police Station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me! See, now THAT's the sort of respect you get when you buy and drive a BMW.
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings

Perc
New and shiny title

I've had a cop get pissy at me exactly once... He came the other way and did a U-turn to follow me. I was doing MAYBE 5-10 over the speed limit, but I don't know and neither did he, because he obviously didn't have the laser on. He just followed me but didn't actually pull me over until we came up to a mini golf course, which of course was packed with people. I've been ticketed for speeding exactly once in the last ten years and that officer was polite and to the point and wished me a good day when I left with the ticket. I honestly don't know understand why people have these problems with cops all the time.

Otherwise, I'm very amused at the car problems people all over the world are having every time it snows