General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

The CTS is larger than the A4, 3-series, C-class, Infiniti Gxx, Lexus IS, etc. Have you actually been in one of the newer models?

Unless you are paying someone else to do the labor, my Audi has been no more expensive to maintain than my former Ford.

I still think the M35 of the G8 GT would be the best choice overall though.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopefishLives View Post
The CTS is larger than the A4, 3-series, C-class, Infiniti Gxx, Lexus IS, etc. Have you actually been in one of the newer models?

Unless you are paying someone else to do the labor, my Audi has been no more expensive to maintain than my former Ford.

I still think the M35 of the G8 GT would be the best choice overall though.

I will have to check out the CTS then. It doesnt look bigger though.

But I like that we have a larger consensus on the M35x, im going to make a few calls and see what people can do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Indeed it has a shit ton of leg room. I'm 6'3" - at the front there's plenty and in the rear there's even more. It's like a small apartment. The trunk will swallow the biggest subwoofer, luggage for a three month trip, and a medium sized illegal immigrant all at the same time.

Sounds like a Japanese Marquis, and I like the sound of that.

Last edited by Lurker; 01-08-2010 at 09:13 PM..

Grazehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post
Infiniti M35 or M35x. Undervalued, full featured, reliable, well reviewed.

This shit right here!

saferkefka

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by saferkefka View Post

Very very tempting. In 2003 it was my dream car before I got rid of my Marquis. I still have the original poster they sent out hanging in my room.

However, this has me concerned. The leg on the seat is rusted.

Last edited by Lurker; 01-08-2010 at 09:45 PM..

pepperochini

2006 GS430 can be had for under $25k in good condition under 70K mi. Mines been bullet proof, the torque and hp are nice and no major costs besides regular maintenance. V8 comes with sport suspension .

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

That's likely because the owner would come plowing into the car with snow clogged boots, and allowed the salty slurry to dwell for long periods in the floor areas.

Marauders are awesome, didn't really consider it as I thought it'd be outside of your desires.

Cloud 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesultan View Post
find a new Pontiac G8 on a dealer's lot.
Good thing he doesn't want a G8 GXP, there's only a single new one left!

http://jalopnik.com/5443591/the-very...pontiac-g8-gxp

edit: Kia Amanti

Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperochini View Post

2006 GS430 can be had for under $25k in good condition under 70K mi. Mines been bullet proof, the torque and hp are nice and no major costs besides regular maintenance. V8 comes with sport suspension .

Not one on ebay within 100 mi of NY, one on Autotrade for the price you mention. Highly tempting.

I really have to stay away from flashy cars though, I dont know if I will put the miata in storage or not so the car might be living on the driveway or parallel parked. I really would rather not put a nice car on the street.

Last edited by Lurker; 01-08-2010 at 10:18 PM..

pepperochini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
Not one on ebay within 100 mi of NY.

R u paying cash or loan? I live in LA and got some connects that got me in a dealer auction where I, through him, I purchased my car. Saved a bunch of $$ and gave the guy nearly a grand for a tip. The thing with these cars is they're pretty rare and since sales for V8's aren't so hot you can find them for cheap, but prob is often times they don't get listed. You can also get the older body (02-05) for under $15K with all amenities and comforts and less flash. Good luck with your choice.

Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperochini View Post
R u paying cash or loan? I live in LA and got some connects that got me in a dealer auction where I, through him, I purchased my car. Saved a bunch of $$ and gave the guy nearly a grand for a tip. The thing with these cars is they're pretty rare and since sales for V8's aren't so hot you can find them for cheap, but prob is often times they don't get listed. You can also get the older body (02-05) for under $15K with all amenities and comforts and less flash. Good luck with your choice.

Loan. I got a guy that can take me to an auction, no problem as well
-------------

HardOn.
Whats this lever?

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Very very tempting. In 2003 it was my dream car before I got rid of my Marquis. I still have the original poster they sent out hanging in my room.

However, this has me concerned. The leg on the seat is rusted.

The rusty leg was an optional trim piece for all cars with the made by mexican preschoolers interior

pass imho. If you're considering this kind of stuff, you're just bored with the miata.

ffs put a v8 in that instead.

[H]ard|On

c'mon man, reclining rear seats ;p

05+ have a reclining rear seat option iirc

Avalons are such a good bet it's ridiculous. Nobody dislikes them and they fly so low on cop radar that you may as well be invisible.

Lurker

Quote:
pass imho. If you're considering this kind of stuff, you're just bored with the miata.

I'm not bored with it, I just need a car for a purpose. The marauder is cheap as dog shit compared to the Avalon, and thats the only reason I like it. The Avalon is my number 1 choice because right now im like "fuck driving old beat up garbage, enjoy yourself a bit". Plus, I just did a bit more reading and it has crazy good fuel mileage, and runs on regular. The M35x does worse on mileage, run on premium, has less rear leg room, and has no folding rear seat. M35x has a heated rear seat, but if I really need it, i bet I can EASILY add that to the Avalon.

Quote:
c'mon man, reclining rear seats ;p

[H]ard|On

Quote:
I'm not bored with it, I just need a car for a purpose. The marauder is cheap as dog shit compared to the Avalon, and thats the only reason I like it. The Avalon is my number 1 choice because right now im like "fuck driving old beat up garbage, enjoy yourself a bit". Plus, I just did a bit more reading and it has crazy good fuel mileage, and runs on regular. The M35x does worse on mileage, run on premium, has less rear leg room, and has no folding rear seat. M35x has a heated rear seat, but if I really need it, i bet I can EASILY add that to the Avalon.

You nailed it, I mean sounds like you got a nice job now... if you short yourself on what really matters now that's not fun as you'll begin to want something else. At the same time no need to dive in head first into a huge loan until you're more sure of things - you can always do that, right... later you can go all out with a self parking lexus. For now the avalon is such a cool compromise - its cheaper to make/buy cause it's FWD and based on other toyota bits but has the appointments and build/ride of it's bigger brethren.