Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

FWD FTMFW

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

KorruptioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
M35x has a heated rear seat, but if I really need it, i bet I can EASILY add that to the Avalon.

If this is a commuter car, why do you need rear heated seats? I think you're reading into things a little too much now.

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

I got a decent job now, my last job was better technically, but this one has a lot more room to grow and has more responsibility. While I would love to be baller and lease something really nice I don't want to have to work to support a car like some of my friends *cough* 600 a month for a mustang *cough* , I need to think about higher priorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorruptioN View Post
If this is a commuter car, why do you need rear heated seats? I think you're reading into things a little too much now.

Because I plan to do some touring as well, and it would be nice to consider my passengers. If I was buying a straight commuter car id buy a 2000 civic for 2500 bucks and drive it till the wheels fell off.

theWITNESS

I thought I might take this opportunity to point out that last year, a close relative of mine purchased a pre-owned 2006 GS300 AWD.

Fantastic car, incredibly smooth, if lacking in power a little bit. The 430 should improve that greatly.

Reliability has been fine, he has the AWD one.

Except; just thought I'd point out that the '07+ Camry XLE also has reclining rear seats.

Regime|Life
The Silver Arrow

TL or TSX?

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by theWITNESS View Post
Except; just thought I'd point out that the '07+ Camry XLE also has reclining rear seats.

Avalons and Camrys seem to be going for the same money for the same year equal mileage. No sense in getting a smaller car.

RazorWind

I love my '95 Crown Vic to death. I'm gonna echo the Town Car/Grand Marquis idea.

SomeoneWhoIsntMe

toyota aristo

edit: beat, but definitely that or a soarer

edit2: soarer (IS300) with the 2J and some :lurker: homebrew megasquirt turbocharging

edit3: IS300 with altezza RS200 swap

Last edited by SomeoneWhoIsntMe; 01-09-2010 at 10:04 AM..

Lurker

Avalon, 2007, 54k mi. No nav, has everything else. Love the color. 20.5k, maybe 18k after negotiation.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Avalon, 2007, 24k mi, has everything + nav, 24k, maybe 22 after negotiation. Not crazy on the color, but love the low miles and nav.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

SomeoneWhoIsntMe

1JZ swapped cressida

Lurker

Gay, Chase declined me an autoloan. Apparently unemployment doesn't count as a steady income.
Also they gave no indication if they will approve me when I start working next week because they may want a string of pay checks.
I really REALLY dont want my parents to Co-sign on anything, and I dont want to pay that kinda cash for the car.

Last edited by Lurker; 01-09-2010 at 01:20 PM..

BigFuzzyArchon

1994-1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

in those years it came with the 260hp 350ci LT1 motor. It was the top of the line cadillac you could buy, about $40k. Amazing ride quality, nothing else like it. 1996 was the last year of this great RWD land barge. Can be had for ~$6k.

brougham has heated seats and leather and rear vanity mirrors and usually a vinyl roof but they had a delete option so its very rare to find them without the vinyl roof.

If you want something newer the Cadillac DTS (DeVille) is FWD and has a northstar v8 motor but its just not the same as the fleetwood.

I know you said you dont want british but the Jaguar XJ is a fantastic land yacht and a bit higher quality interior than the caddy. I see an XJ R which is the supercharged version for under $20k on craigslist.
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/ctd/1542476689.html

I can't stand any of the newer cars, especially lexus/toyota or any of the japanese cars to be honest. they do nothing for me. the fleetwood is pretty much the best land yacht you can get especially because they are so cheap. A 95/96 Impala SS which is same drivetrain, same chassis (fleetwood chassis is extended 6 inches) and crappier interior and they are easily triple the price of the cadillac. they perform much better i admit but I find the fleetwood has amazing value.

Last edited by BigFuzzyArchon; 01-09-2010 at 03:58 PM..

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

I agree that the IS250 would be too small and I would NOT consider it a luxobarge AT ALL. I do like it as a car though, and I think a GS would be a good buy if you can actually find a reasonably new/low mileage one in your budget.

Did you say BMW's / Mercs are out? Oh... "can't be german" yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneWhoIsntMe View Post
toyota aristo

edit: beat, but definitely that or a soarer

edit2: soarer (IS300) with the 2J and some :lurker: homebrew megasquirt turbocharging

edit3: IS300 with altezza RS200 swap

gg being a fag and calling everything by its JDM name

Grazehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneWhoIsntMe View Post
1JZ swapped cressida

oh may!!

claffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
If you want something newer the Cadillac DTS (DeVille) is FWD and has a northstar v8 motor but its just not the same as the fleetwood.

If he's worried about german maintenance costs, I don't think he's gonna be pleased about paying someone to work on a northstar in a FWD config.

I like my girls like I like my bikes: fast, naked, and barely legal.

Slow and steady wins the race, but fast and reckless steals the show.