General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Do I have a weird attitude about work if I would not take lunch if there was a customer waiting on me?

cause that seems like some BS to me.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Ya I brought the piece of wood out and hes like "sorry man I'm on lunch"

hes on lunch, chill the fuck out

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeawesome View Post
hes on lunch, chill the fuck out

Ive been here since 10:30 AM... They estimated an hour and a half. It's 230 now and they're not done. Unacceptable.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

got out of there at 3 o cock

10:30->3

4 1/2 hours. And if I hadn't waited there they wouldn't have even done the alignment. Fucking rap guys.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Pouring rain out of course so I couldn't really get on it but... The car is soooo much more composed and stable. Night and day difference from before.

grjr

Quote:
got out of there at 3 o cock

10:30->3

4 1/2 hours. And if I hadn't waited there they wouldn't have even done the alignment. Fucking rap guys.

pep boys?

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grjr View Post
pep boys?

Wheel Works, built as an extension of an O'Reilly's

So yeah, pretty much.

I chose to give them the business because two days ago one of their employees hooked me up with a tuner lug that I have been missing since I had my brakes worked on elsewhere. Saved me a good amount of money, didn't have to buy a full set.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Why do you go to shitty places?

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
Why do you go to shitty places?

Because he can afford to treat this car right, man. That means paying places like Pep Boys to work on it, instead of fucking it up himself.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
Because he can afford to treat this car right, man. That means paying places like Pep Boys to work on it, instead of fucking it up himself.

I just didn't know any better. Show me a reliable resource on or offline that would have predicted yesterday's unfortunate events and I'll eat my unused body->engine bay rubber intercooler ducting.

And wtf... How am I going to do an alignment myself you pole smoker??

RazorWind

Quote:
I just didn't know any better. Show me a reliable resource on or offline that would have predicted yesterday's unfortunate events and I'll eat my unused body->engine bay rubber intercooler ducting.

And wtf... How am I going to do an alignment myself you pole smoker??

The MR2 is a very difficult car to get aligned, in my experience. I owned at least one MR2 for ten-plus continuous years, and in all that time, not once did I have anyone get the alignment right on the first try, even with every single moving suspension component replaced with new top shelf ones. I seem to recall you've owned at least one MR2 in the past; I'd have figured you'd know this.

Also, you actually can do an alignment yourself, with string and a plumb bob. It's a huge pain in the ass, but it's doable.

Anyway, I was just giving you a hard time. I'd have been frustrated too, but I also generally try to find either a local business that needs a good reputation to survive, or someone I actually know personally, when I need work done that I can't do myself.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
The MR2 is a very difficult car to get aligned, in my experience. I owned at least one MR2 for ten-plus continuous years, and in all that time, not once did I have anyone get the alignment right on the first try, even with every single moving suspension component replaced with new top shelf ones. I seem to recall you've owned at least one MR2 in the past; I'd have figured you'd know this.

Also, you actually can do an alignment yourself, with string and a plumb bob. It's a huge pain in the ass, but it's doable.

Anyway, I was just giving you a hard time. I'd have been frustrated too, but I also generally try to find either a local business that needs a good reputation to survive, or someone I actually know personally, when I need work done that I can't do myself.

I was referred to two different non-pep-boys-megacorp-walmart-of-cars-trash-shops by my exhaust shop/quasi mechanic and ignored him.

SomethingAwful says American Tire charges quite a bit but that they are extremely motivated workers, I think the guy said "it was like watching a beehive"

Pretty sure I have one of those near me.

But yeah no worries, live and learn.

RazorWind

Is there no local racecar shop that you can use?

These guys are right down the street from my office:
http://www.soulspeed.com/home.php

They cost at least twice as much as most chain places, but produced the best results of any of the options I tried during my time with MR2s.

Edit: Now that I look again, they're no longer down the street from me. That address is at a racetrack.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Getting shit done right the first time can often save you money in the long run too.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Is there no local racecar shop that you can use?

These guys are right down the street from my office:
http://www.soulspeed.com/home.php

They cost at least twice as much as most chain places, but produced the best results of any of the options I tried during my time with MR2s.

Edit: Now that I look again, they're no longer down the street from me. That address is at a racetrack.

I'm not a racer... I'm a guy who drives to work every day and might do two track days a year if that

We *definitely* have a shop near me that does performance alignments... I think kpabap or ubercaff told me about them... They'll have you sit in the car while they align it for perfect settings