General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Dyno
Come hither Sancho Panza, I have need of my Lance

Even the rats are fleeing the sinking ship that is Iraq. Former Republican Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, who once claimed that people not supportive of the Iraq War are unpatriotic, appears to have changed his mind.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...604110311/1001

Quote:
"It was an enormous mistake for us to try to occupy that country after June of 2003," Gingrich said during a question-and-answer session at the school. "We have to pull back, and we have to recognize it."
OH SHI

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Badger_sly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison
Is that a joke? The parties havent even formed a fucking official government yet. Yeah parties that are based on strong arm relegious oppression or ethnic division, many of which are highly corrupt, can't even decide on who the PM should be. Sure are doing a bang up job, democracy a go go!
They are trying and it's slowly working. Throwing in the towel and giving up (your most likely action) is not an option and they know that.

Quote:
Also, please stop screaming TERRORISTS every time violence or something negative happens in Iraq. There are plenty of native Iraqis who are killing each other, dont give the terrorists all the credit big guy.

A terrorist is a terrorist, regardless of yours and Dyno's cheerleading and sugarcoating.

Last edited by Badger_sly; 04-12-2006 at 09:48 AM..

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly
They are trying and it's slowly working. Throwing in the towel and giving up (your most likely action) is not an option and they know that.
Slowly working? There hasnt been any major progress since the last round of elections. If anything the situation in Iraq has gotten worse while the government squabbles over a PM. The governments progress doesent mean shit if the country continually moves closer to all out civil war. Already the government is rife with corruption and can't even maintain control of the streets in many areas.

Quote:

A terrorist is a terrorist, regardless of yours and Dyno's cheerleading and sugarcoating.
Then a good portion of the Iraqi population are terrorists who are trying to destroy their own government.

And accusing me or Dyno of "sugarcoating" anything considering what you just posted is well...sad really.

Badger_sly

Quote:
Slowly working? There hasnt been any major progress since the last round of elections. If anything the situation in Iraq has gotten worse while the government squabbles over a PM. The governments progress doesent mean shit if the country continually moves closer to all out civil war. Already the government is rife with corruption and can't even maintain control of the streets in many areas.
"civil war" is the latest sexy words used to sell papers. That is all.

Quote:
Then a good portion of the Iraqi population are terrorists who are trying to destroy their own government.
Nationality means nothing when the person is a terrorist.

Quote:
And accusing me or Dyno of "sugarcoating" anything considering what you just posted is well...sad really.
Sugarcoating is what you and Dyno have to do. Otherwise you're openly cheering for terror.

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
"civil war" is the latest sexy words used to sell papers. That is all.
Explain to me what you would call a war between two or more distinct factions within a nation? I guess all those Shia and Sunni killing each other are just fucking around. Hey guys you can stop fighting for control of various regions and Iraq itself, there's no civil war going on here!

Quote:
Nationality means nothing when the person is a terrorist.
Actually it means quite alot. It really amazes me that people like yourself feel qualified to argue about Iraq while mainting such an ignorant view.
Chinese and Russians are the same, they're both communists!

Quote:
Sugarcoating is what you and Dyno have to do. Otherwise you're openly cheering for terror.
Ok, I'll just stick to official government line since analyzing the situation in Iraq and realising what's actually happening there is apparently sugar coating. People being murdered by government commandos and Sunni suicide bombers? A minor setback. The government failing to do anything but make itself look like a joke? Slow progress.

Badger_sly

Quote:
Explain to me what you would call a war between two or more distinct factions within a nation? I guess all those Shia and Sunni killing each other are just fucking around. Hey guys you can stop fighting for control of various regions and Iraq itself, there's no civil war going on here!
Infighting and arguing in Iraq has gone on for a long long time. It was just more controlled, brutally, by Saddam, so it wasn't noticeable.

Cival War!! Civil War!!.......... it's inflated headlines to sell. Just like the regurgitated info about the bio trailers of May 2003 that I taught cartz and Postal about in the other thread. It's to excite the public, and it's worked on you.

Quote:
Actually it means quite alot. It really amazes me that people like yourself feel qualified to argue about Iraq while mainting such an ignorant view.
Chinese and Russians are the same, they're both communists!

Whether Chechen, Afgani, Syrian, Iraqi, Irish, or American (McVeigh), a terrorist is a terrorist. Burying your head in the sand and hoping it gets better doesn't work.

tentt

considering they are averaging 85 bodies a day in baghdad, i'm gonna go out on a ledge here and say it's worse.

Dyno

It's not worth another thread, but I think it's pretty funny that no less than six (retired) generals have called for the resignation of Rumfeld over Iraq. Most of them served in Iraq/Afghanistan. I guess we can count them in the "worse" camp.

Badger_sly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno
It's not worth another thread, but I think it's pretty funny that no less than six (retired) generals have called for the resignation of Rumfeld over Iraq. Most of them served in Iraq/Afghanistan. I guess we can count them in the "worse" camp.
I knew hundreds of people in the military while I was in that seriously wanted Clinton to step down or be kicked out of office. Hundreds of thousands in the military would have been an accurate estimate that felt that way then. Yet, most of us had to just put up with him for both terms. There were generals then that were blatantly outspoken about Clinton, to the point of them knowing they would have to retire after their words were issued. They actually said them before retiring though.

6 retired generals individually doesn't mean much.

Devnull

It's pretty obvious things are worse... All the people in that country are proving muslim stereotypes to be true by having nothing better to do than kill eachother. We're seeding control to islamic militias that execute people every day(look at sadr cty). The shiaa are aligning themselves with Iran and trying to take revenge against the sunnis. It will be "better" once we don't need to be there anymore and I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

Dyno

Quote:
6 retired generals individually doesn't mean much.

What I love about your worldview is that NOTHING means ANYTHING if it is critical of the Bush administration. Never mind the fact that Rumsfeld has felt the need to defend his position no less than three times this week in order to counter the damning statements of this former officers. It is painfully obvious that the Secretary of Defense thought their statements meant something but I'm sure you know more than he does.

YOU'RE THE DECIDER!

Badger_sly

Quote:
What I love about your worldview is that NOTHING means ANYTHING if it is critical of the Bush administration.
I wouldn't say that. It's more like I constantly put down your cheerleading for the terrorists by making readers aware of your anti-US sources of far-left opinion articles, blogs, and The Daily Show comedy.

Quote:
Never mind the fact that Rumsfeld has felt the need to defend his position no less than three times this week in order to counter the damning statements of this former officers. It is painfully obvious that the Secretary of Defense thought their statements meant something but I'm sure you know more than he does.
Rumsfeld said all that is needed recently, something to the effects (while smiling and not worried the least) of: "I think I'll just let this blow over". He and most everyone else knows the fanatic far-left is just trying to stir things up once again.

Dyno

Quote:
He and most everyone else knows the fanatic far-left is just trying to stir things up once again.

Yeah those fanatic far-left army generals are a real problem once they team up with the hippies.

That you would label career military men who have fought for Ameican and lead men into the War on Terror as "far-left fanatics" perfectly displays what kind of a fascist you really are.

Badger_sly

Quote:
Yeah those fanatic far-left army generals are a real problem once they team up with the hippies.

That you would label career military men who have fought for Ameican and lead men into the War on Terror as "far-left fanatics" perfectly displays what kind of a fascist you really are.
Who is behind trying to coordinate the negative press (words of a whole 6 generals)? Your precious fanatic far-left.

As I wrote, the words of 6 doesn't mean much in comparison to hundreds of thousands that wanted Clinton gone. Sorry to bust your bubble once again.

Dyno

Quote:
As I wrote, the words of 6 doesn't mean much in comparison to hundreds of thousands that wanted Clinton gone. Sorry to bust your bubble once again.

You don't think there are hundreds of thousands who want this administration gone. What has that to do with anything other than you propping up a weak defense?

These are six generals - three who were in Iraq working with Rumsfeld. They are saying the man is not fit in their 30 plus years experience. Who else do you need to hear it from to at least give you pause? Would you only be satisfied with Bush or Cheney saying it themselves?

Don't dismiss the opinion of a general when you are not even inclined to hear the message.