General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Xayd

hey pit, you wanna see the that viriik pulls out of his ass, complete and utter lies...

http://news.tbo.com/news/nationworld/MGB3GX8J6JE.html

Quote:
DUBAI, UNITED - Arab Emirates - Guerrilla attacks in Iraq have forced the cancellation of more than 60 percent of water and sanitation projects, in part because U.S. intelligence failed to predict the brutal insurgency, a U.S. government audit said.

U.S. goals to fix Iraq's infrastructure will never be reached, mainly because insurgents have chased away contractors and forced the diversion of repair funds into security, according to an audit of the Iraqi Relief and Reconstruction Program released last week. It is the latest in a series of auditing reports being issued by the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction.

Funds earmarked for Iraq's military and law enforcement jumped 55 percent, going toward training and weapons for Iraqi police and troops, prison construction, and additional border guards.

The spending diversions forced the cancellation of 60 percent of the 136 planned water and sanitation projects, including sewage, irrigation and dams. Just 49 water projects are expected to be completed, the audit said.

Of the 425 planned electric projects, 300 will be finished, meaning ambitious U.S. promises to restore Iraqi power will not be fulfilled.
let me give you a hint, child. when government reports stop specifying real numbers and start saying "working with", "encouraging", "organizing", and "promoting" and other such , that means they have failed utterly and all the money has been wasted.

if you need any further instruction, check with me when you get out of the KC.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Sheehan

if you need any further instruction, check with me when you get out of the KC.

Now there is the backbone we have all grown to expect from you, when someone exposes you for the complete and utter fool you are you KC them good job there Joseph Stalin.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

SilkSteel

Post War Iraq Chaos Blamed on Poor Planning
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060228/...reconstruction

You conservatives couldn't see the truth if it came and burrowed itself in your asses in the most painful manner possible.

Fucking idiots. I seriously have no idea how anyone could even begin to say that Iraq is just as well off as it was before the war started.

elmo909

http://www.sigir.mil/reports/pdf/tes...y_06-001Ta.pdf
From the same organization, they've stated that 10,869 projects are completed with 1,716 current ongoing ones and 527 projects not started.
The following projects are:
Electricity : 253 Completed / 156 Ongoing / 207 not started
Water & Sanitation : 434 Completed / 164 Ongoing / 114 not started
Oil : 13 Completed / 13 Ongoing / 33 not started
Security : 6,950 Completed / 930 Ongoing / 131 not started
Facilities & Services : 2,755 Completed / 359 Ongoing / 11 not started
Transporation & Communications : 464 Completed / 94 Ongoing / 31 not started

The electricity sector shows that the pre-war era was 4,500 MW whereas the Post-war Peak was 5,375 MW. Their current infastructure supports 3,995 MW whereas the US contribution to their infastructure is 2,710 MW until all ongoing projects is completed.

As for oil production, their pre-war peak was 2.58MBPD (Which was most likely during the pre-Gulf War) and now the post-war peak was 2.67MBPD. Average MBPD is around 2 million but you have to factor in the high market price for oil which helps the economy of Iraq. The US helps the Iraqi people by contributing over 1.5 MBPD.

Now the Water & Sanitation sector is where it is critical. The projects that are still ongoing is needed to help fix this problem in Iraq. They still have over 1.44 Billion in fundings to fix the sector.

The problem is that some people have the assumption that projects can be completed over night. The organization has already stated that it takes time to do projects like the water & sanitation sector such as "System rehabilitation plants, mains, distribution has to be completed before clean water is delivered to users"

Last edited by elmo909; 02-27-2006 at 10:58 PM..

Aministrator g
shionyr
I get blowjobs while checking stats on my laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur pendragon
A 34k who thinks he knows his ass from a hole in the ground, now thats a shock...........

lol. proof in action, lol. Perfectly formulaic, Arthur. Now that you're at step 2, you might as well proceed to step 3 and somehow attempt to blame the problem on my liberalism, right? Its fucking funny just watching you go in the same retarded circles like a gerbil on a wheel.

PopeKevinI

Someone needs to PM me as to why they locked this thread or I'm opening it up again this evening.

Nano

Id like to be included in that PM. I'm reopening it.

R@$T@M@N

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Sheehan
I am a whiney bitch who resorts to KCing people I have a personal vendetta with over the fucking internet! Can anyone tell?!
Yes, yes we can. I hope you enjoy yourself claiming that completely silencing someone who has a different opinion then yours is some great achievement, Big Brother.

Last edited by R@$T@M@N; 02-28-2006 at 07:46 PM..

SilkSteel

Civil War Looms With 68 Killed in Baghdad
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060301/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

Spy Chief: Iraq May Spark Regional Battle
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060301/...gence_congress

Shit's hittin the fan everyday. Saddam was at least good at one thing - keeping the sects under control.

Xayd

can't be! just wait! tomorrow viriik will find a government report from 1903 that says the sky is green and the grass is blue

PopeKevinI

NPR yesterday morning interviewed someone high in the Iraqi government who said they'd come very close to civil war, but that tensions were easing and that things were getting better.

They're learning to deal with their problems without the heavy hand of Saddam and his goons enforcing the peace. That's all.

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aministrator g
lol. proof in action, lol. Perfectly formulaic, Arthur. Now that you're at step 2, you might as well proceed to step 3 and somehow attempt to blame the problem on my liberalism, right? Its fucking funny just watching you go in the same retarded circles like a gerbil on a wheel.

Oh its not your liberalism. It's pretty obvious that you are just another idiot with the IQ of a grapefruit who thinks smoking crack makes you a genius. But thats ok you just go right ahead and continue living in your fantasy world, without fools and imbecile like you posting here the pit would become a very educational but otherwise dull place.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

Badger_sly

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur pendragon
Now there is the backbone we have all grown to expect from you, when someone exposes you for the complete and utter fool you are you KC them good job there Joseph Stalin.
Poor sheehan can't debate beyond 2 sentences so he KC's anyone that puts him in his place. C.sheehan is a dumbass, no doubt, but I actually feel sorry for his extremely limited intellect.

SilkSteel

Oh my well look at this gem I found

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060302/...q_human_rights

Quote:
SYDNEY, Australia - Human rights abuses in Iraq are as bad now as they were under Saddam Hussein, as lawlessness and sectarian violence sweep the country, the former U.N. human rights chief in Iraq said Thursday.

Dyno
Come hither Sancho Panza, I have need of my Lance

This article examines just how many people are being tortured and killed per month as a result of rising anarchy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4765854.stm

Quote:
Hundreds of bodies showing signs of torture or execution arrive at the Baghdad mortuary each month, a senior UN official has told the BBC.
John Pace, until recently UN human rights chief in Iraq, told the BBC News website that up to 75% of the corpses showed signs of extrajudicial death.